Marc Albrighton

kingeightyone

An absolute embarrassment, I guess it's been coming for weeks. Let's take stock of our wide men shall we? This shouldn't take long. Tonev? Lambert won't play him, even after he looked decent at Man U he didn't get another look in. Erm . . . anybody else? Oh no wait, we don't actually have any other wingers at all, except under-18's who aren't ready to play. 

I wish him the best - he deserves better than to sink on this leaky ship anyway. He'll do well for Leicester, and he deserves it. We don't know how to treat our players properly.

N'Zogbia says hi.

Unfortunately he says hi from a beach somewhere in Spain.

Not like he has a choice when he isn't allowed to train with the first team.

It's ridiculous, isn't it. Some really weird decisions going on at the Villa lately.

• Like 1

An absolute embarrassment, I guess it's been coming for weeks. Let's take stock of our wide men shall we? This shouldn't take long. Tonev? Lambert won't play him, even after he looked decent at Man U he didn't get another look in. Erm . . . anybody else? Oh no wait, we don't actually have any other wingers at all, except under-18's who aren't ready to play. 

I wish him the best - he deserves better than to sink on this leaky ship anyway. He'll do well for Leicester, and he deserves it. We don't know how to treat our players properly.

N'Zogbia says hi.

Unfortunately he says hi from a beach somewhere in Spain.

Not like he has a choice when he isn't allowed to train with the first team.

He's been injured, and been eased back into training. In years gone by he would have been training with the reserves before playing a few reserve games and this would have been seen as normal. But there are no reserves anymore, so he's been with the development squad instead as this is supposed the replace the reserves. Not much to read into it. We'll find out in August if he's bomb squad or not, assuming he's still at the club. 

I hope Marc reads this thread. If you look at my signature I've been a great fan of Marc's for years ever since I watched him when he first played in the reserves. Injury has blighted his career at Villa, and stuck in the mud management hasn't helped him either. Good luck Marc, I'm sure you'll do really well in your career if you can only stay fit. I'll leave the signature until the contract officially runs out …. you never know. 

• Like 2

I suppose Marc never quite fulfilled all the hopes .... but still gave a reasonable cameo here and there this season.

Maybe we are aiming higher for next season? ... and back to earth ... Let go so the wage bill can be cut further?

Yeah, that's probably more like it.

No world beater but a lot better than most of what we already have. I suspect this was more to do with him wanted to leave than Villa wanting rid. Hate to say it but like the majority of good players that have left Villa over the years he will probably go on to do bigger and better things than he ever can with the Villa.

Wow! Surprised by this on the basis we are thread bare already. He's not a bad player but is certainly part of the squad and would have been useful. Hope this points to a future of quality players...

The lad had plenty of potential but never really kicked on. Four managers in the last five years hasn't helped many of our young lads really kick on from the early promise they showed. Clark, Baker, Bannan, Delfouneso, Albrighton pretty much stood still.

Edited by markavfc40

I really wouldn't give a shit under normal circumstances. For all his decent efforts this year he is not a player that should be starting for a top 10 team.

But we are a really shit team at the moment and Marc was one of the brighter sparks this season. If we stay this shit and don't sign any players (very likely) then he shouldn't have been let go. I guess we will see come August.

Good luck to the lad but I expect to see him in the championship next season or maybe a newly promoted team.

I think this has well and truly been taken out of Lambert's hands. I seem to remember PL saying in an interview only a few weeks back that Faulkner was talking to Albrighton about a new contract and everything would be fine? Anyone got a link to that one?

Anyway, the club have seemingly gone over Lambert's head, not sure if this means anything really.

Mixed feelings on both Albrighton and Delfouneso to be honest. I always thought they both had talent but could never truly nail down a place in the side. I suspect Bacuna and Lowton were always going to be ahead of Marc. Wish both lads well. 

I think this has well and truly been taken out of Lambert's hands. I seem to remember PL saying in an interview only a few weeks back that Faulkner was talking to Albrighton about a new contract and everything would be fine? Anyone got a link to that one?

Anyway, the club have seemingly gone over Lambert's head, not sure if this means anything really.

Mixed feelings on both Albrighton and Delfouneso to be honest. I always thought they both had talent but could never truly nail down a place in the side. I suspect Bacuna and Lowton were always going to be ahead of Marc. Wish both lads well. 

Could be why Lambert's latest words are in the tone of, "I'm not wheeling and dealing anymore, this club needs big players"

People posting along the likes of "oh well, we'll buy better when we get a new owner, not much point having him around" are beyond optimistic.

Future takeover has nothing to do with it. We've been outgrown by Marc Albrighton. I would be willing to bet good money with anyone that Marc would get into are consist starting lineup next season.

Very very bleak times. Loved Marc as well, saddest I've been over a player since Young left. :'''(

• Like 1

This is, in my opinion, very sad. I hope he has a great career, he never gave less than 100% and he gave a damn.

When he tore Evra up a few seasons ago, I thought he would go on and do well for us. He was unplayable that day.

• Like 2

Something fishy here. If money is so tight for transfer dealings that Lambert has had to eat humble pie and open the door to Hutton and Bent, why allow Albrighton to go? He's practically been our only winger in the latter half of this last season.

I was in a local pub last week, watching football. A Villa fan who I know in there asked me what I thought of the situation with Albrighton's contract. I said I thought he'd done well enough lately to deserve a couple more years. The guy said that a friend of his told him about a row between Albrighton and Lambert following the away game at Palace. Apparently, Albrighton wasn't happy with only coming on as sub for the latter stages of the game and as a result, wouldn't travel back on the team coach because he didn't want to be in Lambert's company. He's supposed to have returned home on the train. Don't know how true that is but would sort of explain why we'd release a player who is probably our only active winger.

Something fishy here. If money is so tight for transfer dealings that Lambert has had to eat humble pie and open the door to Hutton and Bent, why allow Albrighton to go? He's practically been our only winger in the latter half of this last season.

I was in a local pub last week, watching football. A Villa fan who I know in there asked me what I thought of the situation with Albrighton's contract. I said I thought he'd done well enough lately to deserve a couple more years. The guy said that a friend of his told him about a row between Albrighton and Lambert following the away game at Palace. Apparently, Albrighton wasn't happy with only coming on as sub for the latter stages of the game and as a result, wouldn't travel back on the team coach because he didn't want to be in Lambert's company. He's supposed to have returned home on the train. Don't know how true that is but would sort of explain why we'd release a player who is probably our only active winger.

That rumour was going around after the Palace game but it's since been confirmed he was on the coach with the rest of the squad. I don't there's any big conspiracy here, it seems Marc has been offered a big contract at another club and we've decided that we aren't going to match it. Good luck to him but he's certainly not indispensable and if he was asking for big bucks then I don't blame the club for releasing him.

Â