Marc Albrighton

kingeightyone

As bad as the squad is - I still don't see how he gets a game ................is it in the forlorn hope that the adrenalin driven form of almost 2 years ago will suddenly appear mid game ?

i really can't think of any other reason.....

I think all bar Guzan and Lowton were shocking yesterday. Albrighton was certainly no worse than Holman (looked ill and without energy) or KEA (tackled by himself!).

I think Albrighton will only really look decent when he has a decent right back bombing past him and giving him support.

I'd say Benteke was probably our best outfield player... not because he scored, but his all round game. He held the ball up, he bought people into play, he won important headers. I think he was a real handful and hope it was a sign of things to come. It was a shame when he came off because after he did, nothing stuck up front.

Albrighton was by far the worst player on the pitch. By a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong way, and that really was saying something.

Albrighton was by far the worst player on the pitch. By a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong way, and that really was saying something.

Sadly I agree.

He's been found out and he's not good enough.

He tries hard, seems a decent enough guy but should not be playing football for Aston Villa.

Still makes me chuckle when I remember people claiming we would be fine replacing downing and young with albrighton and Nzogbia.

Very frustrating player to watch, I just don't see what he 'does' that warrants a place in the team. He wants to be the kind of winger that can go past a full back, find the by-line and whip a cross in. Unfortunately for Marc, he doesn't have the pace to go past a full back, the strength to hold him off, the ball control to dribble past him or even a good cross once he gets there.

I say this with a certain amount of regret, but the kid has nothing in his locker that warrants a place in our squad, never mind first team. He is quite literally the last player I want to see on the team sheet, he frustrates me that much.

• 5 weeks later...

How much has he regressed? It's sad to see. I said in the summer he is a championship player.

That cross last night was one of the worst I have ever seen. Time, space, options and he does that. Goodness me.

He has no future here. He has had a terrible 18 months.

He's been injured and was one of those players who really struggled under AML's tactics. In his first season he was very good. He scored a fair few goals and set up even more. I think he's the kind of player that needs confidence and right now he has none. I still have high hopes for him. Can he come back to the form of 10/11 we won't complain anymore.

Bit unfair to write him off after three or four cameo appearances this season, poor though he has been. Lambert obviously sees something.

His lack of ability to beat his full back doesn't really endear him to our current 433.

The season under Houllier showed he was good enough IMHO.

• Like 1

Bit unfair to write him off after three or four cameo appearances this season, poor though he has been. Lambert obviously sees something.

His lack of ability to beat his full back doesn't really endear him to our current 433.

The season under Houllier showed he was good enough IMHO.

It would probably be a good thing to send him on loan to championship side to get his form and confidence back.

• 4 months later...

what happened to him?

He was found out to be a very limited average player which made him very easy to defend against. I think this effected his confidence a bit and he's had a long term injury.

I don't think he's good enough and shouldn't be anywhere near the first team.

• Like 1

He was found out to be a very limited average player which made him very easy to defend against. I think this effected his confidence a bit and he's had a long term injury.

I don't think he's good enough and shouldn't be anywhere near the first team.

He's one of our few out-and-out wide players. I'd like to think he has a future here - but he has a lot of work to do to regain a first team spot.

I'm hoping Lambert can help with that (as compared to our previous manager).

One of the worst wide players I have ever seen at the club. He makes Nigel Callaghan look like Ronaldo. No pace, no tricks too lightweight. The worst player in our squad by some distance

One of the worst wide players I have ever seen at the club. He makes Nigel Callaghan look like Ronaldo. No pace, no tricks too lightweight. The worst player in our squad by some distance

Don't hold back mate.

Â