Marc Albrighton

kingeightyone

Championship player for me.

I remember that West Ham game at the start of the 2010/11 season when he looked like a hell of a player, unfortunately he proved to be a one- trick pony.

I will be very surprised if we will ever regret letting him go when he does eventually move on!

• Like 1

I guess it goes without saying, I'd really love to see Marc Albrighton do well...would be great to see.  I remember he first burst onto the scene and its all my none-villa mates would talk to me about was this new player.

But he has fallen from the grace, I hope he'll go back to the drawing board during the off season and work hard to back up there again.  The way he is a Villa lad, I don't think there's anyone I want to see do well more.

Hope he gets an injury free season to try and stake his claim within the team - shame he's picked up niggly injuries all season as he's missed out on chances to impress PL.

Certainly got promise but needs to push on and develop better - I think PL will give him a year to prove that.

Edited by theboyangel

Seems to be a confidence player - given the season we've just had I'm not surprised Lambert hasn't taken a chance on him. I reckon he'll get a chance next season though.

You only have to take a read through the Fabian Delph thread to see how a few games in the side could completely turn things around for him. The ability's definitely there.

Seems to be a confidence player - given the season we've just had I'm not surprised Lambert hasn't taken a chance on him. I reckon he'll get a chance next season though.

You only have to take a read through the Fabian Delph thread to see how a few games in the side could completely turn things around for him. The ability's definitely there.

To be fair, he's hardly been available - got crocked very early doors, out till nearly Christmas and got crocked again...

I agree he'll get more of a chance next season if injury free

If he stays fit for a season he strikes me as a player who Lambert could get allot out of and turn into an excellent player. He has the ability IMO just needs to get a good run injury free

I think Albrighton and perhaps Gardner would benefit from a 3-6 month loan in the Championship at the start of next season. It takes time to come back from long injuries but it also takes games. It'll be no use for them just sat on the bench here. Then assess where things are after that.

Agreed, he needs games. Just don't see it happening here.

Not his fault particularly either. But, having made quite an impact that first season, it was remarkable how quick defenders got the measure of him. And it was also pretty alarming how little else he had in the locker, including his worsening ability to cross a ball, or tackle back without giving silly free kicks away.

Time to move on maybe?

He sometimes looks the part, but he's been far too easily dispossessed in his most recent appearances.

Can't even remember the news of him getting injured, I remember him playing at home in a game when were in a 442 diamond. He struggled.

Hope he fights and forces his way back into contention because he's had a couple of storming games for us. Imagine him whipping in crosses to Benteke!

Sadly, as I've mentioned before, I think that Utd match will be the highlight of his career.

if he can come back from this injury and work hard, in amongst this feel-good factor going around the club at the moment, i feel he could really push on next year, but if he doesn't then time to get rid.

Definitely worth another season though IMO

Him and Bannan can hold hands on their way out of the club

Both not good enough

I disagree in regard to Albrighton, he has assists and goals to his name. Bannan's record is poor in terms of those attributes!

As many have said, he's looked void of any confidence, I'd maybe keep him for another year and send on loan to championship where he would get games regularly and build up back confidence.

i dont think he was an out and out winger. 

The system that Lambert plays, i.e. two forward wide men such as Weinman and Gabby who run directly at goal, will benifit him.  Thats why i think we need to give him another season at least IMO 

not one for the scrap heap just yet lads!

if PL can get him playing well again he's an asset still. he deserves at least one more crack at it though with an injury free pre-season + season and lets see this time next year.

not one for the scrap heap just yet lads!

if PL can get him playing well again he's an asset still. he deserves at least one more crack at it though with an injury free pre-season + season and lets see this time next year.

Definitely. Decent option from the bench as well, and we don't have any other players like him.

Â