Marc Albrighton

kingeightyone

Big season for Alby.

He'll be competing with Holman, Zog, Carruthers and the like for 1 or 2 spots.

He'll need to get back to this form of early GMac/Hou to cement a place. He does have some talent, so we'll have to see. Lambo may play more to his strengths than Eck did, so he may thrive again.

I think we'll see the right attitude but same lack of ability next season.

I also think he'll find his chances limited. I think Lambert will sign another winger and I think carruthers will start to show more.

I have no faith in albrighton making it here.

I like Marc as a player and I hope he can improve to find consistency to his game.

In over 60 appearances he has 9 goals and 8 assists, some of those goals have been great finishes. Anyone remember his performance against Manure at Villa Park, albeit we drew 2-2 but Marc was fantastic that day.

Give him some time you bunch of moaners :?

I like Marc as a player and I hope he can improve to find consistency to his game.

In over 60 appearances he has 9 goals and 8 assists, some of those goals have been great finishes. Anyone remember his performance against Manure at Villa Park, albeit we drew 2-2 but Marc was fantastic that day.

So, over 60 appearances aren't enough to form an opinion?

What a bunch of miserable sods on this thread. Nobody is denying that the bloke was generally rubbish last season, but the number of people falling over themselves to badmouth a player who is a fellow Villa fan and was excellent at times before last season defies belief.

The fact that he had a kid is significant. He probably had sleepless nights and was almost certainly a bit distracted by the whole thing. Then there was the manager we had who was hardly going to be inspiring anyone.

Even if he genuinely was obviously not good enough, I would have thought this was something to be quietly sad about, and hopeful that he could turn it around. Instead there are people who seem to be crowing about his recent bad form and congratulating themselves for writing him off all along. Un **** believable.

What a bunch of miserable sods on this thread. Nobody is denying that the bloke was generally rubbish last season, but the number of people falling over themselves to badmouth a player who is a fellow Villa fan and was excellent at times before last season defies belief.

The fact that he had a kid is significant. He probably had sleepless nights and was almost certainly a bit distracted by the whole thing. Then there was the manager we had who was hardly going to be inspiring anyone.

Even if he genuinely was obviously not good enough, I would have thought this was something to be quietly sad about, and hopeful that he could turn it around. Instead there are people who seem to be crowing about his recent bad form and congratulating themselves for writing him off all along. Un **** believable.

:clap:

This, thissety this this, this this.

Sixty appearances are more than enough to tell me Albrighton can be a top, top player for Villa.

Don't listen to the moaners Marc. You find them everywhere in life - simply ignore 'em.

Sixty appearances are more than enough to tell me Albrighton can be a top, top player for Villa.

Don't listen to the moaners Marc. You find them everywhere in life - simply ignore 'em.

Unfortunately I don't think Marc Albrighton is reading this.

Yeah 9 goals and 8 assists is rather a good return considering some performances may have been from the bench!

Hope he does well, he's a lot like Agbonlahor, not only in being a Villa fan but also in th sense he is a simple yet exciting player who I think can do well under the correct management,

He's a good player. No-one's saying he's going to be world class, but he's 22 and has put in some excellent performances for us already. Less so last season, but we had McLeish as manager and - as others have sensibly mentioned - he became a father not so long ago, which can be a draining experience for anyone.

Hopefully he'll be back competing for a place in the squad as soon as he's fit and ready, and I'll certainly be giving him my full support. I am allowed to do that, as a Villa fan, right? Support my team?

• 2 weeks later...
Â