Marc Albrighton

kingeightyone

Having to rely on this guy is a joke

Wheres the quality... He should be an understudy to somebody not in the starting XI

No offence but I havent seen enough consistancy from him to suggest he is good enough to be anything more than backup same as Bannan

If only Nzogbia was the player he was at Wigan

I'm not convinced he's good enough for this league, especially as a starter. As an impact player off the bench when the opposing team are tired he may do something but as a starter no way. He works hard but is seriously lacking in the quality department.

Looked tired today. He looks nothing like that wonder season he had for us :(

wonder season ? - I can only recall around 6 games the season after MON left. A truly awful player - he seems to spend the whole game just blasting the ball at an opposition player. Not worth his place in the side.

wonder season ? - I can only recall around 6 games the season after MON left. A truly awful player - he seems to spend the whole game just blasting the ball at an opposition player. Not worth his place in the side.

It was the season when we played Sheffield United in the FA cup - he was really good!

Just checked it was the 2010/11 season

"After a good pre-season, Albrighton made his first Premier League start in the first game of the 2010–11 season against West Ham United on 14 August 2010. In this game he assisted two goals in Villa's 3–0 win. Albrighton also made a run which led to the assist of the goal by Barry Bannan in Villa's 1–1 draw against Rapid Vienna in the 1st leg of their UEFA Europa League qualification tie on 19 August. He scored his first Premier League goal for Villa against Tottenham Hotspur on 2 October 2010. He was sent off against Burnley in the League Cup on 27 October 2010 therefore missing a chance to play in the following game against local rivals Birmingham City. On 5 November 2010 Albrighton signed a new contract keeping him at the club until 2014. On 6 November Albrighton scored his second goal of the season in a 1–1 draw away at Fulham. On 13 November 2010, Albrighton scored his third club goal for Aston Villa against Manchester United. He started the game alongside fellow academy products Barry Bannan, Jonathan Hogg and Gabriel Agbonlahor. After putting Aston Villa 2–0 up, the game ended 2–2. On 23 November, Albrighton was ruled out of action for three to four weeks after having his appendix removed, but made his return ahead of schedule in a 3–0 defeat to Liverpool at Anfield on 6 December, playing 65 minutes before being replaced by Robert Pires.[13] Albrighton then set up both goals for the home side in the 2–1 defeat of local rivals West Bromwich Albionin December 2010."

Quote from wikipedia. He also scored 3 goals in the league cup and 2 goals in the FA Cup in that season.

Thats 5 assists (excluding FA cup and Carling Cup) and 8 goals (in all competitions). That was his best season for us

It was the season when we played Sheffield United in the FA cup - he was really good!

Just checked it was the 2010/11 season

"After a good pre-season, Albrighton made his first Premier League start in the first game of the 2010–11 season against West Ham United on 14 August 2010. In this game he assisted two goals in Villa's 3–0 win. Albrighton also made a run which led to the assist of the goal by Barry Bannan in Villa's 1–1 draw against Rapid Vienna in the 1st leg of their UEFA Europa League qualification tie on 19 August. He scored his first Premier League goal for Villa against Tottenham Hotspur on 2 October 2010. He was sent off against Burnley in the League Cup on 27 October 2010 therefore missing a chance to play in the following game against local rivals Birmingham City. On 5 November 2010 Albrighton signed a new contract keeping him at the club until 2014. On 6 November Albrighton scored his second goal of the season in a 1–1 draw away at Fulham. On 13 November 2010, Albrighton scored his third club goal for Aston Villa against Manchester United. He started the game alongside fellow academy products Barry Bannan, Jonathan Hogg and Gabriel Agbonlahor. After putting Aston Villa 2–0 up, the game ended 2–2. On 23 November, Albrighton was ruled out of action for three to four weeks after having his appendix removed, but made his return ahead of schedule in a 3–0 defeat to Liverpool at Anfield on 6 December, playing 65 minutes before being replaced by Robert Pires.[13] Albrighton then set up both goals for the home side in the 2–1 defeat of local rivals West Bromwich Albionin December 2010."

Quote from wikipedia. He also scored 3 goals in the league cup and 2 goals in the FA Cup in that season.

Thats 5 assists (excluding FA cup and Carling Cup) and 8 goals (in all competitions). That was his best season for us

Bears out what I thought - not done much since that Man U game. getting on for 2 seasons of poor appearances - yet hes still in the team - speaks volumes

Bears out what I thought - not done much since that Man U game. getting on for 2 seasons of poor appearances - yet hes still in the team - speaks volumes

I agree he hasn't done much since then, but I think he had a better run than "6 games after MON left"

He wears a long sleeve shirt like Tony Morley, and that is the nearest he comes to being a top tier winger.

He is a liability, shoddy clearance led to their goal, he can't even get the basics right. Needs to be dropped immediately, but our manager didn't sign any angers so he'll probably start the next game too.

An Awful player, should be nowhere near the starting XI. I like Marc though and hope he does well in the Future. He just needs to make that step down to the Championship and I'm sure he will have a long and solid career.

Worst comes to worst, we get 1/2m for him and the academy has done its job.

Cannot afford to have him in the team at the moment though. Brings absolutely nothing.

His performance yesterday was by far the worst I have seen from any player at any time. It was simply dreadful and we can't carry anyone at the moment.

He's shot of all confidence and I feel sorry for the lad as it's got to be really tough on him, but I'd rather piss him off than get relegated.

Don't think he is even Championship standard to be honest so don't think we'd even get 500k for him.

I think all bar Guzan and Lowton were shocking yesterday. Albrighton was certainly no worse than Holman (looked ill and without energy) or KEA (tackled by himself!).

I think Albrighton will only really look decent when he has a decent right back bombing past him and giving him support.

1 win in 19 premiership games says it all!!! Albrighton / Herd / Delph / Bannan are All extremely average players and there in and out of the first team!!!!, the sooner january comes the better. Every time i watch match of the day i see mediocre teams like Fulham & Wigan with miles better squads and miles better individual players than what we have. You can see why players like Dempsey want nothing to do with us. WE ARE THE WORST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE BY A MILE WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE, STATS DON'T LIE WE ARE GOING DOWN!!!!!

Will be fun to see some other grounds next year though.....

VILLA TILL I DIE

Really really struggling for me now.

He was very good when he first broke though, I remember the Manure game he tore Evra to pieces but yeah that was the combination of being an unknown quanity and we also had Downing and Young in the team so he'd very often in those times just be 1 v 1 while Young in particularly was double marked.

Now we have no other wingers so Alrighton gets two players on him and he just can't do anything.

There are still glimpses of quality though, last season he had a good run of form over xmas and his little 20 minute cameo against Chelsea, this season the cross for Benteke at Spurs but he dosen't do enough if he starts.

Interesting he's only got a contract till 2014, not too long left to prove himself really.

Â