Marc Albrighton

kingeightyone

Got told about it last Sunday at a game. He had already seen that famous doctor that Beckham went to see. no idea how long he will be out for but I don't think it's a bad one (relatively speaking).

Edit: Seen elsewhere he is expected to be out 10-11 weeks.

I like Marc as a player and I hope he can improve to find consistency to his game.

In over 60 appearances he has 9 goals and 8 assists, some of those goals have been great finishes. Anyone remember his performance against Manure at Villa Park, albeit we drew 2-2 but Marc was fantastic that day.

Give him some time you bunch of moaners :?

So, over 60 appearances aren't enough to form an opinion?

Sixty appearances are more than enough to tell me Albrighton can be a top, top player for Villa.

Don't listen to the moaners Marc. You find them everywhere in life - simply ignore 'em.

If Marc Albrighton can beat the moaning, backbiting, bitching and general depression of living in Tamworth, I'm sure he won't be overly disheveled by some of the FM2012 pros in this thread. A Tamworth-spent youth could turn even Lionel Messi into the next Moore brother.

9 goals and 8 assists is an excellent return when you consider his average minutes per game in that period. He still has potentially 10-12 years of high level football in him as well.

Or we could just 'get rid', a la Gary Cahill, and potentially come to regret it massively in 12 months time...

Its a bit odd how we've had no official statement on the lads injury

But if he's going to be out for any length of time we really need to sign a winger ASAP. And an old school whip it across the box type rather than a N'Zogbia dribble type (although to be fair we all knew that's the kind he was when buying him)

if he's out for a while, i know this sounds a bit counter-intuitive but I suspect it could turn out ok for the lad. He's not going to be expected to be involved for a while, allowing PL to get a decent side playing well together. It's always alot easier for a player coming back into a side which is already cohesive, and performing well, so fingers crossed the players gel to Lambert's liking early days, then by the time he's back in for contention, he could be a bit of a surprise again with less pressure.

Albrighton has huge upside potential. If Lambert and his team of coaches can improve the defensive side of Marc's game and he is able to get stronger physically on and off the ball without losing any pace, he still has a promising future ahead of him at B6.

Defensively, it has to be back to the drawing board fro Marc. Those schoolboy reckless tackles won't work in the Premier League. While his enthusiasm for getting the ball back is to be applauded the technique needs work.

As an attack minded rightwinger Albrighton is exciting and now with Lamberts philosophy and passing and support system being ingrained into the minds of players like Bannan, Albrighton and Delfouneso we may yet reap rich rewards from their collective talent.

I don't think we'll see either of them at the start of the season, I imagine PL will stick with this diamond of Karim....Bannan...Holman....Ireland unless things do disastrously wrong in the opening few games.

Lambert is a horses for courses manager so over the course of the season I'm sure they'll be games when N'zogbia and Albrighton start.

I think when we see a midfield of

-----El Ahmadi

--Gardner-Bannan

Marc will flourish, as him and GG+BB have a great understanding, I remember GG looking a lot better in a game last season (cant remember which) when BB came on, and also BB's pass vs Fulham last season, I just think once we get the academy guys in a cohesive team, playing in the right way we'll start to flourish.

Also MA, like Bannan, is a player that needs confidence to play and I have no doubt Lambert will give him that. I honestly believe we'll see a return of the pinpoint crossing we saw in 10/11 this season.

I think when we see a midfield of

-----El Ahmadi

--Gardner-Bannan

Marc will flourish, as him and GG+BB have a great understanding, I remember GG looking a lot better in a game last season (cant remember which) when BB came on, and also BB's pass vs Fulham last season, I just think once we get the academy guys in a cohesive team, playing in the right way we'll start to flourish.

Also MA, like Bannan, is a player that needs confidence to play and I have no doubt Lambert will give him that. I honestly believe we'll see a return of the pinpoint crossing we saw in 10/11 this season.

2 out of 3 agree but Gardner did nothing in the USA to suggest he is ready to be a starter. Holman, Ireland and Bent you can add also, To me that means 1 more out of Zog, Wieman, Fonz. Gabb and Albrighton. Sorry don't rate Delph...

• 2 months later...

Was **** awful today. Dribbling is poor, decision making is appalling especially as he holds on to the ball for far too long and his crossing is woeful. I don't think I can stomach another game of floated crosses straight to the keeper. It's no wonder we rarely score from corners.

Really has gone down hill from debut season..tries to outpace fullbacks and fails every time.His touch is off too.Perhaps could be put down to lack of pre season ,but what ever the reason he should not be starting.

Â