Marc Albrighton

kingeightyone

Bannan is a great player.. Albrighton I don't think he is. Albrighton should be playing better as he has a lot of competition from players like Carruthers for the position. Maybe that's why Bannan plays better as he realises if he doesn't Gardner will play ahead of him.. Perhaps Albrighton wasn't expecting Carruthers to make the jump, though if that's the case then as well as not being amazing Albrighton is also awfully naive.

Don't think Marc is the kind of guy who only gives it 60%, 100% but when its not clicking, you can try too hard I think?

• 5 weeks later...

It is a sad indictment to our plight that Albrighton was considered one of hottest young players in the league at the beginning of last season and now he can barely get off our bench...

Hasn't worked out at all this season for Marc, when he has looked to be clicking, he's picked up an injury (mostly in training). Feel for all our kids to be honest, this is no team to be trying to have an impact on, Marc especially so much put on his shoulders after we sold Downing and Young.

I'm one of Marcs' greatest admirers, but I'm sure he would be the first to say that he's had a disappointing season.

I'm not surprised though. How can a very attack minded right winger play well in a totally negative non attacking team????

makes you wonder, AM tactics are killing our creative players, yet Ireland is still performing very well, now just imagine if someone like martinez had N'zog on form, Ireland on form but playing more free that he currently is.. and a scoring darren bent, as well as some new signings im convinced we would be at least mid table challenging for a europa league place

Apart from a brief flicker around xmas/new year really poor second season from him.

That can sometimes happen with young players so I'm not totally writing him off. That little cameo recently against Chelsea shows effective he can be on form.

He could certainly cross a ball for the first half of last season, set up loads of goals before xmas.

Did it against Chelsea, beat Ivanovic all ends up and crossed beautifully for Lichaj to bundle in.

But I agree it's not enough over a whole season. We need much more next year as he's not a prem rookie anymore.

Imagine if Martinez had this to work with. I fully believe we'd be a top side and our wingers would be very good.

---------------Bent----------------

--N'Zogbia-----------Albrighton--

--------------Ireland---------------

--------Gardner-----Herd---------

-Warnock-Clark--Dunne-Lichaj--

---------------Given---------------

Plus we'd have the likes of Agbonlahor, Weimann, and Bannan who can come on and change a game.

Albrighton was doing very well under Houllier who let his wingers have more freedom. It wasn't until Marc was dropped just to move Young back to the wing when he started playing crappy. He needs confidence and AMC is not giving it to him.

with senior players, n'zogbia and holman next season, hopefully marc will get the opportunity to develop properly as a young footballer growing into the premier league.

having a situation like this season, where the kids have had to carry a team with no confidence at all, its hardly surprising that many of them have taken a step backward. those that have stepped up, clark, lichaj, herd and to a degree baker, have done brilliantly, but i don't think that it means that those that haven't won't make it if not treated properly.

i also don't think its any surprise that our defensive kids have come through far better than our attacking ones - albrighton, bannan, gardner, weimann, delfouneso...

He is one of these players who needs consecutive games. He is no good when you bring him in and out. The manager needs to decide whether or not he rates him, if he does put him in the team week in week out. If not sell him.

2nd season syndrome strikes. Big test next season either he sinks or swims

very few players came out of this season with their credibility enhanced, regardless of whether it was their second or tenth season...

i think its best we just write this one off as a bad dream and look forward to next year with a clean slate all round...

very few players came out of this season with their credibility enhanced, regardless of whether it was their second or tenth season...

i think its best we just write this one off as a bad dream and look forward to next year with a clean slate all round...

yeah that would be nice, If RL has the Nuts to sack AM....

2nd season syndrome? He started going cack in the second half of his first season. being found out and a general lack of talent is his problem.

one for the exit door IMO along with Bannan and Delph

• 2 months later...
Â