Marc Albrighton

kingeightyone

One of the worst wide players I have ever seen at the club. He makes Nigel Callaghan look like Ronaldo. No pace, no tricks too lightweight. The worst player in our squad by some distance

A tad harsh.

He has a good workrate, a good cross and a fairy decent shot on him from close range.

If he started in our current team, I think he'd put in a decent shift. The opposition wouldn't concentrate on him as much because they would have Gabby, Benteke or Wiemann to also mark.

I think he still has a place here, even if it's as a back-up squad member.

I think he needs a season on loan in a championship side to have regular first team football for an entire season.

he has the potential to be a good winger for us.

One of the worst wide players I have ever seen at the club. He makes Nigel Callaghan look like Ronaldo. No pace, no tricks too lightweight. The worst player in our squad by some distance

A tad harsh.

He has a good workrate, a good cross and a fairy decent shot on him from close range.

If he started in our current team, I think he'd put in a decent shift. The opposition wouldn't concentrate on him as much because they would have Gabby, Benteke or Wiemann to also mark.

I think he still has a place here, even if it's as a back-up squad member.

When "good workrate" is first in the list of a players attributes you know he isn't any good. If you played for Villa I'm sure you would have a good work rate. His crossing, from what I remember (it's been a long time now!) was awful. He'd constantly put it out for a goal kick.

When he first broke into the team he looked like a very good prospect. He had a few tricks, could go past players and his stats from a couple of years ago were better than Cashley Youngs (though we know stats generally don't mean too much). Since that little burst on the scene he has regressed so much I think he'd struggle to get a place in our reserve team. I'd be happy to receive the Albrighton we had a couple of years ago but unfortunately I think he has been found out is simply isn't good enough for us.

As always, I'd be happy to be proven wrong, but I doubt we will see Albrighton back at Villa again ... especially after his broken ankle.

I think we will see him back. I think he's a good player.

me too. he does have a superb cross on him, you dont lose that, he needs a run of games and needs to calm down. his headless chicken running doesnt help him. he tries too hard.

• Like 1

His crossing started to become very inconsistent.

The problem is he is a very limited player. He's not fast and not skilful. When he first played defenders were unsure about him, this allowed him that little bit of extra space to deliver some excellent crosses. It soon became clear though that all he can actually do is try to go outside the full back and whip a cross in. Once this was obvious his lack of pace and skill meant he was easy to defend against, this made it more difficult for him to create space to whip in a cross and I believe his confidence took a big hit also.

If he's even a back up player next year I'll be upset. If we want to improve we should be signing better back ups or quality players that can rotate with gabby and weimman.

I'd also imagine that some of the young kids will start to get a look in.

Albrighton should not be in the picture.

Edited by Big_John_10

For all those slating Albrighton, remember in the last season with Young and Downing here he was pretty much a match for them both in terms of goals/assists per minutes on the pitch.  He has some ability, but he has been affected by injuries.

I'd send him out on loan for the first half of next season to an upper championship side and see how he does.  If he shines, we can recall him for January.

And after reading KHV's post on the previous page, I'm convinced the poster is Mark Lawrenson.

For all those slating Albrighton, remember in the last season with Young and Downing here he was pretty much a match for them both in terms of goals/assists per minutes on the pitch

Yes i remember some using those stats to suggest we'd be just as good with Nzogbia and albrighton.

I just don't think he's up to this level.

Time for others to get their chance over him now.

For all those slating Albrighton, remember in the last season with Young and Downing here he was pretty much a match for them both in terms of goals/assists per minutes on the pitch

Yes i remember some using those stats to suggest we'd be just as good with Nzogbia and albrighton.

I just don't think he's up to this level.

Time for others to get their chance over him now.

Try reading the rest of the post.

Average Albrighton

Hopefully binned in the summer with Binge Drinker Bannan

Not good enough for the premiership need to replace both with better quality

Edited by AshVilla

I don't believe he should be loaned out to a Championship side. He should be SOLD to a Championship side! For his own sake, if no-one elses.

Had a impressive debut season, then faded badly. Confidence maybe, or injuries, but he really has'nt offered anything for some time. His hearts in the right place, but unfortunately his crossing is'nt and I always shut my eyes when he's tracking back, because you can see the free kick coming every time.

I think he can still become a decent player. He came into the squad and did very well once. He just needs to stay fit and get a run of games as Delph got. Knowing you wont be dropped after one game really does a lot to a players confidence.

he might not be good enough to be in a starting 11, but we still need sqaud players

i think albrighton would do an ok job in the similar position as weimann should he ever be out

i would like to see more of andras stieber next season on the left side

if he gets his confidence back and stays fit i think he is worth keeping.

Delph has proven that lost causes can be turned around.

You do begin to feel though that fringe players like him Delf, Lichaj, Ireland etc etc. need to be replaced by players the gaffer actually has faith in.

As much as I like the lad, and that we should support the youth set up, I am not sure on Albringhton. Granted he has been unlucky with injuries, and has had 4 managers at Villa so far in his career, but he seems limited. He had about 10 good games under Houllier such as the Man United one but really he has done little in the past 18 months. Seems a one trick player and his crossing has gone to pot. I am hope I am wrong but he looks like a championship player at best.

Don't think he has the quality to get in ahead of Weimann, Gabby and even Bowery offers more than him in this system. Shame because I rated him highly. Willing to give him a chance though and hope he can prove me wrong.

Â