Marc Albrighton

kingeightyone

I really can't see him coming back. Last time I saw him play, he looked like a player with no confidence what-so-ever. A dying elephant.
Think the ship has sailed for him, and Bannan too who I thought would turn out to be good player.
It's a shame though, he started ever so brightly!

squad player at best for me

biggest disappointment for me he looked so good when he first burst on scene but last two years have seen nothing. i put him just above the likes of bannan and the fonz

Edited by Demitri_C

think he will get 1 last season to impress but needs to adapt his game a lot and definitely bulk up a bit. His start was so good for Villa that was only going to be downhill from there

One of the worst wide players I have ever seen at the club. He makes Nigel Callaghan look like Ronaldo. No pace, no tricks too lightweight. The worst player in our squad by some distance

Don't hold back mate.

I pretty much agree with KHV. It is a shame, because the lad is Villa through and through, but he is the last name I ever want to see on the teamsheet.

really? their is a lot worse players than him in last few seasons on that teamsheet. Harewood, Heskey being 2 

From the current line up of players available for selection, I would favour Albrighton the least. It's not because of any personal agenda, I just find his style of play so frustrating to watch. 

I like Albrighton. The lad just needs some belief and confidence. I've seen enough of him to know that he has a place here at Villa, as a squad player, similar to Bannan. You wont find many players better than Bannan and Albrighton for the wages they are on, should be kept in the squad... unless they want to move for first team football. 

really? their is a lot worse players than him in last few seasons on that teamsheet. Harewood, Heskey being 2 

From the current line up of players available for selection, I would favour Albrighton the least. It's not because of any personal agenda, I just find his style of play so frustrating to watch. 

agree he can be frustrating. was one game earlier in season maybe West Brom when he kept overhitting the crosses or hitting 1st man wehn he got into good positions

a few players Id be more wary if they started Clark being the first maybe Lichaj as well

im not sure if albrighton and bannan can be compared

albrighton was given a chance under mcleish last season and showed promise, but hasnt been given a chance under lambert as we dont use wingers, plus hes been mainly injured

bannan has been given a chance this season time after time, and although yes he has shown progression, he has maybe run out of steam and wont show anything more in his arsenal

out the two, id prefer if we kept albrighton as back up to weimann and sold bannan and replaced with a more natural attacking midfielder

firstly i don't want to see anything in bannan's arsenal ;)

secondly, we don't have a natural left winger in the albrighton out and out winger style (zog maybe, but it's not his preferred postion). so playing a shape with proper wingers would leave us really badly balanced. personally i'd like to see us get a proper left footed left winger, and with albrighton we'd have the option to play with real natural width. it'd be another weapon for us and allow us to field radically different formations depending on the opposition to be more flexible or give us a massive switch plan b to spring on teams when a is working. 

thirdly, albrighton has shown he's got talent, he's been in and out of form and out a lot through injury, i'd personally PL to get the best out of him given the personnel to play with 2 out and out wide players.

good point made /\

even though we dont use wingers, it will still be worth keeping a couple as an option, theres no point selling albrighton to buy yet another winger who wont see much game time, this would cost us more unecessary money

as for left side, id like to see more of stieber, with zoggy switched to a more central 'behind the strikers' role

there's grealish coming through too i spose so might not have to enter the market at all in order to have the extra option...

@BJ10: i think he showed he has the talent when he played several blinders a couple of years ago, the rest is in his head and it's the job of a good coach to get his head right.

Albrighton just hasn't got the ability. I don't think any manager could get him performing well.

Well, your pet hate manager Houllier did. Albrighton was really good that season.

I'm undecided. He was  good, and then he was quite bad as the rest of the squad under AML. Then he got injured. When he came back and played for Lambert he didn't play good at all. Then he got injured again. There is a player in there, but he needs to stop the stupid tackles in dangerous areas and he needs to learn when to release the ball and when not to. Probably a decent squad player. I want to give him another year without injuries, but I'm inclined to agree with you with your earlier point that if he's just to be a squad player we can probably do better.

He performed well for houllier for about half a season. You could see him begin to struggle for about the final 3rd of that season. It's not unusual for an unknown young player to start well.

He's too limited a player for me. I don't think it's just a case of lack of confidence.

Noir is it that they fade away at the end of the season. But what I did see was that there was talent in there. But maybe too limited. Maybe a one trick pony and not good enough on that one trick. Still, want to give him another season if he can stay fit to see if he can develop.

Maybe a one trick pony and not good enough on that one trick. Still, want to give him another season if he can stay fit to see if he can develop.

Unfortunately I think this is exactly what he is.

Still, want to give him another season if he can stay fit to see if he can develop.

I'd rather give an opportunity for someone like Jack Grealish to start developing more as a first team player.

there's grealish coming through too i spose so might not have to enter the market at all in order to have the extra option...

Unfortunately I think this is exactly what he is.I'd rather give an opportunity for someone like Jack Grealish to start developing more as a first team player.

Forget him, Very average player.Kept my eye on him for a fair few seasons now. No strength, doesn't get stuck in and cant even win a header. I've heard his brother is a good player mind...

• Like 1

An old-school orthodox winger who probably doesn't fit into Lambert's style. I still think he is Premier League quality in the right setup. Perhaps at someone like Stoke who likes a target man in the centre. I could see him bombing down the wings for them. It's a pity because I wanted him to succeed here and for a while it looked like he would. Our last 2 seasons won't have made it any easier for him to come in and progress either. It's not easy to flourish in a struggling side. Many of them have found that out. I doubt we've seen the last of him though.

• Like 1

Â