Jump to content

Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread


Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Xela said:

They 'deserve' it though! They want to be treated like princesses! 

A pal of mine was showing me Tinder a while back and some of the deluded demands from women are staggering. She'll be a divorced single mother in her late 30's who works at Asda part time... but she expects to be dating the Wolf of Wall Street! Must be 6ft, must have a good job, must have own home and car, etc. Sorry love, what are you bringing to the party except your tits and fanny? 

Her arse? DHUTWU

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

A question for some of the older folk on here. Are you and your Wife/Partner still as much in love now as you were when you first met? Don’t be scared to spread the love.

Lets put it this way. 24 years in, I'm not letting her go after reading about the escapades here.

cukAd6Z.png

  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Xela said:

Anything to DHUTWU eh? :cheers:

I'm old skool, laddie esp when it comes to UTWU !

I'd always seek permission first !

Edited by mottaloo
Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

A question for some of the older folk on here. Are you and your Wife/Partner still as much in love now as you were when you first met? Don’t be scared to spread the love.

29 years with an amazing wife who makes me smile and laugh everyday. Never take each other for granted and have consistently made time to be a couple and not just a ‘Mom and Dad’. That she’s been a fellow season ticket holder for 29 years is a bonus.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

A question for some of the older folk on here. Are you and your Wife/Partner still as much in love now as you were when you first met? Don’t be scared to spread the love.

We’ve been married 5 years, last month and together for 9. We have 2 kids, one 3 and a half and the other a month old. We had known each other as kids and then got back in touch through Facebook and it went from there.

We’re a good team, working together. I love her even more now than ever before, as we are growing together all the time. Plus I still fancy the pants off her which always helps! Only problem is that she’s never allowed me to DHUTWU.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, villan-scott said:

 

We’re a good team, working together. I love her even more now than ever before, as we are growing together all the time. Plus I still fancy the pants off her which always helps! Only problem is that she’s never allowed me to DHUTWU.

Ask your good lady if she knows what those letters stand for......and when she says she doesn't....then....well.....you don't need me to draw you a picture......do you 🤔

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Xela said:

They 'deserve' it though! They want to be treated like princesses! 

A pal of mine was showing me Tinder a while back and some of the deluded demands from women are staggering. She'll be a divorced single mother in her late 30's who works at Asda part time... but she expects to be dating the Wolf of Wall Street! Must be 6ft, must have a good job, must have own home and car, etc. Sorry love, what are you bringing to the party except your tits and fanny? 

To be fair, I'm told a lot of men ask for stuff like "no drama", which is equally deluded 😂

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

A question for some of the older folk on here. Are you and your Wife/Partner still as much in love now as you were when you first met? Don’t be scared to spread the love.

Yes. I couldn't imagine life without her.

20 years married. 26 year together. 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, KentVillan said:

To be fair, I'm told a lot of men ask for stuff like "no drama", which is equally deluded 😂

Asking for the impossible! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a situation. We got divorced about 4 years ago. 2 kids and we did everything to make it ok for them. My 19 year old daughter moved out about 6 months ago, which just leaves my ex and my son. They don't get on. Neither will give an inch. She was one of 4 girls, so my son is the first teenage boy she has come across. Her one sister had a lad and he left his teens about 20 years ago. Now it's the 2 of them and her next boyfriend, there,s been a few. Both parent and child are pretty headstrong, both intelligent and neither will back down.

Tonight it all blew up again this time it was all about his contact lenses. He has only had them a short while, he hated glasses. Was picked on at school about them. So he wanted to make sure a contract was sorted, so he doesn't have to go back to glasses. She's in a bad mood after work. Anyway it goes balistic to the point where boyfriend has him round the neck and gets him on the floor. Bit of bruising but nothing more.  He's 16 and a rugby player but was taken by surprise. Boyfriend has been around for a month or so. Ex stood and watched. 

I have brought him back to mine and will keep him with me a while. 

Ex and I have agreed to meet next  week,  and I have only heard half of one side of the story, both too angry. 

Not sure what to do next. He wants the police involved, not sure if that's wise, maybe.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, colhint said:

I have a situation. We got divorced about 4 years ago. 2 kids and we did everything to make it ok for them. My 19 year old daughter moved out about 6 months ago, which just leaves my ex and my son. They don't get on. Neither will give an inch. She was one of 4 girls, so my son is the first teenage boy she has come across. Her one sister had a lad and he left his teens about 20 years ago. Now it's the 2 of them and her next boyfriend, there,s been a few. Both parent and child are pretty headstrong, both intelligent and neither will back down.

Tonight it all blew up again this time it was all about his contact lenses. He has only had them a short while, he hated glasses. Was picked on at school about them. So he wanted to make sure a contract was sorted, so he doesn't have to go back to glasses. She's in a bad mood after work. Anyway it goes balistic to the point where boyfriend has him round the neck and gets him on the floor. Bit of bruising but nothing more.  He's 16 and a rugby player but was taken by surprise. Boyfriend has been around for a month or so. Ex stood and watched. 

I have brought him back to mine and will keep him with me a while. 

Ex and I have agreed to meet next  week,  and I have only heard half of one side of the story, both too angry. 

Not sure what to do next. He wants the police involved, not sure if that's wise, maybe.

Press charges or go round and fill the boyfriend in.

I was in his situation, mother's boyfriend, physical abuse in the home. Fill him in.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, colhint said:

I have a situation. We got divorced about 4 years ago. 2 kids and we did everything to make it ok for them. My 19 year old daughter moved out about 6 months ago, which just leaves my ex and my son. They don't get on. Neither will give an inch. She was one of 4 girls, so my son is the first teenage boy she has come across. Her one sister had a lad and he left his teens about 20 years ago. Now it's the 2 of them and her next boyfriend, there,s been a few. Both parent and child are pretty headstrong, both intelligent and neither will back down.

Tonight it all blew up again this time it was all about his contact lenses. He has only had them a short while, he hated glasses. Was picked on at school about them. So he wanted to make sure a contract was sorted, so he doesn't have to go back to glasses. She's in a bad mood after work. Anyway it goes balistic to the point where boyfriend has him round the neck and gets him on the floor. Bit of bruising but nothing more.  He's 16 and a rugby player but was taken by surprise. Boyfriend has been around for a month or so. Ex stood and watched. 

I have brought him back to mine and will keep him with me a while. 

Ex and I have agreed to meet next  week,  and I have only heard half of one side of the story, both too angry. 

Not sure what to do next. He wants the police involved, not sure if that's wise, maybe.

Chap has only been around a month and has choke slammed your lad to the ground? Sounds like a nice bloke. 

Get the police involved as next time it could be worse for your lad or your ex. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Boyfriend of a month or so going hands on with your teenage son is a big no no, I'd be having words with him for sure and make it clear that if he does it again then it may end badly for him. If he's like that after a month then imagine how he might be once he's 'settled in'. Not saying your lad is innocent but at 16 he's still a child and still mentally growing and you have to understand that if you're introducing yourself as a new face.

Edited by Ingram85
Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â