Jump to content
irreverentad

Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

Recommended Posts

Thanks for your support fellow VTers. I must say that we all have mental health, be it good, bad or inbetween so if this lady has any issues on trust or is wary then fine, I respect that despite my bunny boiler comment (heat of the moment stuff i guess). However,  I'm not a mind reader and all she did was freak me out.

If.....IF it WAS purely down to my outfit and driving skills then I'm better off out of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Bonus point for staying positive and giving it one last shot. 

In the old days, I’d have already had one in my wallet.

Not that I ever used it, date expired in the end.

I hardly ever laugh out loud but that made i guffaw audibly !

Sir, I applaud you !!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Second (and as it turned out) the last date with my olton tavern lady friend :
Table booked for 8 at an Italian in dickens heath so i picked her up at 7.40pm. She looked like she was wearing a full length clingy dress or skirt (she had a coat on) split up the side. Me, navy shirt, diesel jeans (blue/faded), smart casual you know.

Get in the car & put the postcode of the restaurant in the satnav and off we go. Chatting away....well, i was anyway....getting brief answers back then as i turn right per the satnav, she says "no...that's not right...." in a quiet voice. A minute or so later and my chat is floundering (i thought the ice had been broken last date), so i ask if she's ok. She says she's not feeling very well. I guess "migraine ?" she replies "yes, sort of ". Ask her if i can help or did she want to go home (knowing how a mate of mine suffers with them and how painful they can be). She replied that she'd wanted to go home. Fair enough i think. Migraines are migraines. She spent the whole (5 minute) car journey with a distracted look on her face. So i turn the car around, ask if i can pop in to a chemist for her. No, she says and the rest of the journey back is in silence except for her directing me back.
Pull up outside and she says sorry but she has had a panic attack and then legged it out the car !
I drive back wracking my brains as to what i said or did wrong (always accepting the blame, me).

Can't think of anything at all but me being me, sent a message to say sorry if i upset her at all....she said she was all glammed up and my old faded jeans were not smart casual....I'm not a label dropper but my whole outfit was almost £400 and that's without the Creed aftershave (we weren't off to a 5 star red carpet joint, but a small bistro on a Monday night !). She also said it terrified her that i didn't know my way (i live in the north side of the city - how the f@@@ would i know solihull and the surrounding areas ?!). I followed the satnav and it told me to turn right when she said left. That spooked her apparently, not that we'd got that far from her house anyway. 

Tell you what...YOU book the restaurant.....YOU pick ME up from across the city (i was gonna pay the whole restaurant bill too) and THEN you can kick off !!

Number now blocked. I mean, she's probably done me a favour, cos if she kicked off about my outfit and navigating skills then christ knows what she would've been like had something big gone wrong. She was physically fit as fxxx but jeez, what a bunny boiler !!

Definitely best out of that one. Move onto the next 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Second (and as it turned out) the last date with my olton tavern lady friend :
Table booked for 8 at an Italian in dickens heath so i picked her up at 7.40pm. She looked like she was wearing a full length clingy dress or skirt (she had a coat on) split up the side. Me, navy shirt, diesel jeans (blue/faded), smart casual you know.

Get in the car & put the postcode of the restaurant in the satnav and off we go. Chatting away....well, i was anyway....getting brief answers back then as i turn right per the satnav, she says "no...that's not right...." in a quiet voice. A minute or so later and my chat is floundering (i thought the ice had been broken last date), so i ask if she's ok. She says she's not feeling very well. I guess "migraine ?" she replies "yes, sort of ". Ask her if i can help or did she want to go home (knowing how a mate of mine suffers with them and how painful they can be). She replied that she'd wanted to go home. Fair enough i think. Migraines are migraines. She spent the whole (5 minute) car journey with a distracted look on her face. So i turn the car around, ask if i can pop in to a chemist for her. No, she says and the rest of the journey back is in silence except for her directing me back.
Pull up outside and she says sorry but she has had a panic attack and then legged it out the car !
I drive back wracking my brains as to what i said or did wrong (always accepting the blame, me).

Can't think of anything at all but me being me, sent a message to say sorry if i upset her at all....she said she was all glammed up and my old faded jeans were not smart casual....I'm not a label dropper but my whole outfit was almost £400 and that's without the Creed aftershave (we weren't off to a 5 star red carpet joint, but a small bistro on a Monday night !). She also said it terrified her that i didn't know my way (i live in the north side of the city - how the f@@@ would i know solihull and the surrounding areas ?!). I followed the satnav and it told me to turn right when she said left. That spooked her apparently, not that we'd got that far from her house anyway. 

Tell you what...YOU book the restaurant.....YOU pick ME up from across the city (i was gonna pay the whole restaurant bill too) and THEN you can kick off !!

Number now blocked. I mean, she's probably done me a favour, cos if she kicked off about my outfit and navigating skills then christ knows what she would've been like had something big gone wrong. She was physically fit as fxxx but jeez, what a bunny boiler !!

Is she for real?? Mate you are lucky before it got serious she sounds like a clown.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Is she for real?? Mate you are lucky before it got serious she sounds like a clown.

I know we all have periods in our lives that make us behave strangely; perhaps this was an example of her's ? However, to say more than once she was terrified about my lack of knowledge in finding the restaurant was OTT, laughable even. I mean, satnavs these days are pretty spot on and re calculate if you do make a wrong turn. 

I dunno....we were on a second date when making an impression is still very important. If it was me and i felt overdressed compared to my date then I'd not let it visibly bother me. However, to message me 30 mins after i got home to say we weren't going to "work" based on 5 minutes in the car and with only one previous (enjoyable) date under our belts is ridiculous. 

As Lambo said....."we go again !" 🤨

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/10/2019 at 11:14, mottaloo said:

Second (and as it turned out) the last date with my olton tavern lady friend :
Table booked for 8 at an Italian in dickens heath so i picked her up at 7.40pm. She looked like she was wearing a full length clingy dress or skirt (she had a coat on) split up the side. Me, navy shirt, diesel jeans (blue/faded), smart casual you know.

Get in the car & put the postcode of the restaurant in the satnav and off we go. Chatting away....well, i was anyway....getting brief answers back then as i turn right per the satnav, she says "no...that's not right...." in a quiet voice. A minute or so later and my chat is floundering (i thought the ice had been broken last date), so i ask if she's ok. She says she's not feeling very well. I guess "migraine ?" she replies "yes, sort of ". Ask her if i can help or did she want to go home (knowing how a mate of mine suffers with them and how painful they can be). She replied that she'd wanted to go home. Fair enough i think. Migraines are migraines. She spent the whole (5 minute) car journey with a distracted look on her face. So i turn the car around, ask if i can pop in to a chemist for her. No, she says and the rest of the journey back is in silence except for her directing me back.
Pull up outside and she says sorry but she has had a panic attack and then legged it out the car !
I drive back wracking my brains as to what i said or did wrong (always accepting the blame, me).

Can't think of anything at all but me being me, sent a message to say sorry if i upset her at all....she said she was all glammed up and my old faded jeans were not smart casual....I'm not a label dropper but my whole outfit was almost £400 and that's without the Creed aftershave (we weren't off to a 5 star red carpet joint, but a small bistro on a Monday night !). She also said it terrified her that i didn't know my way (i live in the north side of the city - how the f@@@ would i know solihull and the surrounding areas ?!). I followed the satnav and it told me to turn right when she said left. That spooked her apparently, not that we'd got that far from her house anyway. 

Tell you what...YOU book the restaurant.....YOU pick ME up from across the city (i was gonna pay the whole restaurant bill too) and THEN you can kick off !!

Number now blocked. I mean, she's probably done me a favour, cos if she kicked off about my outfit and navigating skills then christ knows what she would've been like had something big gone wrong. She was physically fit as fxxx but jeez, what a bunny boiler !!

To be honest mate, you pick up this classy lady in your faded Joe Bloggs jeans, Fruit of the Loom sweatshirt and Spliffy jacket, while being drenched in Old Spice is enough to give any female second thoughts. Then you try and take her down some dark country lanes in your Max Power Nova while blasting out Blazin' Squad on your trick Kenwood in-car system. I can see why she got nervous. Need to up your game sunshine. :thumb:

Seriously though mate, as others have said, bullet dodged. She sounds mental. Best you find this out now rather than further down the line. 

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Xela said:

To be honest mate, you pick up this classy lady in your faded Joe Bloggs jeans, Fruit of the Loom sweatshirt and Spliffy jacket, while being drenched in Old Spice is enough to give any female second thoughts. Then you try and take her down some dark country lanes in your Max Power Nova while blasting out Blazin' Squad on your trick Kenwood in-car system. I can see why she got nervous. Need to up your game sunshine. :thumb:

Seriously though mate, as others have said, bullet dodged. She sounds mental. Best you find this out now rather than further down the line. 

 

 

Hahaha to the first part.....you forgot to mention my Chris Waddle mullet perm !

I reckon she's....."highly strung" to be polite and it IS a bullet dodged. 

Plus her name was Alex.....I kid you not :crylaugh:

Edited by mottaloo
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

....you forgot to mention my Chris Waddle mullet perm !

I didn't want to make it sound too OTT ;) 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

‘Alex not the one confined to a chair’

Was the name of my dog

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/10/2019 at 10:54, rjw63 said:

Haha, reminds me of my first date with the current Mrs rjw.

We went in the Sheldon Hall, because it was near to where we both lived. It was shit, but the date went well.

Some time later we agreed we should go back to the Sheldon Hall on the same date we met, every year.

We did it the first year...what a **** tip. Place full of pissheads at 7pm.  Haven't been back in the last 7 years and certainly won't be changing that :)

Don’t be such a snob. A pub full of piss heads is a proper pub. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's 2019 - and people are still picking up women on the first dates?

Love, drive yourself, or get an uber, I will meet you there.  I am not driving, I am having a few pints.

If that's a deal breaker then sod it I don't want to date your entitled ass.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

It's 2019 - and people are still picking up women on the first dates?

Love, drive yourself, or get an uber, I will meet you there.  I am not driving, I am having a few pints.

If that's a deal breaker then sod it I don't want to date your entitled ass.

I know. More fool me for offering to pick her up. I'm a bit "old fashioned" in that regard. Holding doors open, paying for dinner, doing the driving....well, in the early days of a relationship anyway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

I know. More fool me for offering to pick her up. I'm a bit "old fashioned" in that regard. Holding doors open, paying for dinner, doing the driving.... 

Anything to DHUTWU eh? :cheers:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...
Â