Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

On 29/10/2019 at 11:14, mottaloo said:

Second (and as it turned out) the last date with my olton tavern lady friend :
Table booked for 8 at an Italian in dickens heath so i picked her up at 7.40pm. She looked like she was wearing a full length clingy dress or skirt (she had a coat on) split up the side. Me, navy shirt, diesel jeans (blue/faded), smart casual you know.

Get in the car & put the postcode of the restaurant in the satnav and off we go. Chatting away....well, i was anyway....getting brief answers back then as i turn right per the satnav, she says "no...that's not right...." in a quiet voice. A minute or so later and my chat is floundering (i thought the ice had been broken last date), so i ask if she's ok. She says she's not feeling very well. I guess "migraine ?" she replies "yes, sort of ". Ask her if i can help or did she want to go home (knowing how a mate of mine suffers with them and how painful they can be). She replied that she'd wanted to go home. Fair enough i think. Migraines are migraines. She spent the whole (5 minute) car journey with a distracted look on her face. So i turn the car around, ask if i can pop in to a chemist for her. No, she says and the rest of the journey back is in silence except for her directing me back.
Pull up outside and she says sorry but she has had a panic attack and then legged it out the car !
I drive back wracking my brains as to what i said or did wrong (always accepting the blame, me).

Can't think of anything at all but me being me, sent a message to say sorry if i upset her at all....she said she was all glammed up and my old faded jeans were not smart casual....I'm not a label dropper but my whole outfit was almost £400 and that's without the Creed aftershave (we weren't off to a 5 star red carpet joint, but a small bistro on a Monday night !). She also said it terrified her that i didn't know my way (i live in the north side of the city - how the f@@@ would i know solihull and the surrounding areas ?!). I followed the satnav and it told me to turn right when she said left. That spooked her apparently, not that we'd got that far from her house anyway. 

Tell you what...YOU book the restaurant.....YOU pick ME up from across the city (i was gonna pay the whole restaurant bill too) and THEN you can kick off !!

Number now blocked. I mean, she's probably done me a favour, cos if she kicked off about my outfit and navigating skills then christ knows what she would've been like had something big gone wrong. She was physically fit as fxxx but jeez, what a bunny boiler !!

To be honest mate, you pick up this classy lady in your faded Joe Bloggs jeans, Fruit of the Loom sweatshirt and Spliffy jacket, while being drenched in Old Spice is enough to give any female second thoughts. Then you try and take her down some dark country lanes in your Max Power Nova while blasting out Blazin' Squad on your trick Kenwood in-car system. I can see why she got nervous. Need to up your game sunshine. :thumb:

Seriously though mate, as others have said, bullet dodged. She sounds mental. Best you find this out now rather than further down the line. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Xela said:

To be honest mate, you pick up this classy lady in your faded Joe Bloggs jeans, Fruit of the Loom sweatshirt and Spliffy jacket, while being drenched in Old Spice is enough to give any female second thoughts. Then you try and take her down some dark country lanes in your Max Power Nova while blasting out Blazin' Squad on your trick Kenwood in-car system. I can see why she got nervous. Need to up your game sunshine. :thumb:

Seriously though mate, as others have said, bullet dodged. She sounds mental. Best you find this out now rather than further down the line. 

Hahaha to the first part.....you forgot to mention my Chris Waddle mullet perm !

I reckon she's....."highly strung" to be polite and it IS a bullet dodged. 

Plus her name was Alex.....I kid you not :crylaugh:

Edited by mottaloo
  • Like 1

On 22/10/2019 at 10:54, rjw63 said:

Haha, reminds me of my first date with the current Mrs rjw.

We went in the Sheldon Hall, because it was near to where we both lived. It was shit, but the date went well.

Some time later we agreed we should go back to the Sheldon Hall on the same date we met, every year.

We did it the first year...what a **** tip. Place full of pissheads at 7pm.  Haven't been back in the last 7 years and certainly won't be changing that :)

Don’t be such a snob. A pub full of piss heads is a proper pub. 

• Haha 1

It's 2019 - and people are still picking up women on the first dates?

Love, drive yourself, or get an uber, I will meet you there.  I am not driving, I am having a few pints.

If that's a deal breaker then sod it I don't want to date your entitled ass.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

It's 2019 - and people are still picking up women on the first dates?

Love, drive yourself, or get an uber, I will meet you there.  I am not driving, I am having a few pints.

If that's a deal breaker then sod it I don't want to date your entitled ass.

I know. More fool me for offering to pick her up. I'm a bit "old fashioned" in that regard. Holding doors open, paying for dinner, doing the driving....well, in the early days of a relationship anyway. 

22 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

I know. More fool me for offering to pick her up. I'm a bit "old fashioned" in that regard. Holding doors open, paying for dinner, doing the driving.... 

Anything to DHUTWU eh? :cheers:

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Xela said:

They 'deserve' it though! They want to be treated like princesses! 

A pal of mine was showing me Tinder a while back and some of the deluded demands from women are staggering. She'll be a divorced single mother in her late 30's who works at Asda part time... but she expects to be dating the Wolf of Wall Street! Must be 6ft, must have a good job, must have own home and car, etc. Sorry love, what are you bringing to the party except your tits and fanny? 

Her arse? DHUTWU

• Haha 1

Been married for 43 years now. When we first met she was not my type … but that somehow changed when she made a pass at me. We had been in the same circles for two years prior to that. 

The short answer is it [love] changes.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

A question for some of the older folk on here. Are you and your Wife/Partner still as much in love now as you were when you first met? Don’t be scared to spread the love.

Lets put it this way. 24 years in, I'm not letting her go after reading about the escapades here.

cukAd6Z.png

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Xela said:

Anything to DHUTWU eh? :cheers:

I'm old skool, laddie esp when it comes to UTWU !

I'd always seek permission first !

Edited by mottaloo

3 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

A question for some of the older folk on here. Are you and your Wife/Partner still as much in love now as you were when you first met? Don’t be scared to spread the love.

29 years with an amazing wife who makes me smile and laugh everyday. Never take each other for granted and have consistently made time to be a couple and not just a ‘Mom and Dad’. That she’s been a fellow season ticket holder for 29 years is a bonus.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

We’ve been married 5 years, last month and together for 9. We have 2 kids, one 3 and a half and the other a month old. We had known each other as kids and then got back in touch through Facebook and it went from there.

We’re a good team, working together. I love her even more now than ever before, as we are growing together all the time. Plus I still fancy the pants off her which always helps! Only problem is that she’s never allowed me to DHUTWU.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, villan-scott said:

We’re a good team, working together. I love her even more now than ever before, as we are growing together all the time. Plus I still fancy the pants off her which always helps! Only problem is that she’s never allowed me to DHUTWU.

Ask your good lady if she knows what those letters stand for......and when she says she doesn't....then....well.....you don't need me to draw you a picture......do you 🤔

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, Xela said:

They 'deserve' it though! They want to be treated like princesses! 

A pal of mine was showing me Tinder a while back and some of the deluded demands from women are staggering. She'll be a divorced single mother in her late 30's who works at Asda part time... but she expects to be dating the Wolf of Wall Street! Must be 6ft, must have a good job, must have own home and car, etc. Sorry love, what are you bringing to the party except your tits and fanny? 

To be fair, I'm told a lot of men ask for stuff like "no drama", which is equally deluded 😂

• Like 1

Â