Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

4 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I also speak 4 languages (6 including the neighbours), work in the highest fields of research, got a sixpack and have a magnificent 3" pecker. Get impressed. 

lol Multilingual pedo

Edited by lapal_fan
  • Haha 2

On 28/11/2019 at 20:51, KenjiOgiwara said:

Nah she's foreign so she visits family abroad and she's also a big concert person, so travels a lot for that. It's fair enough, I like independant people. She's also 8 years younger than me, which is borderline, but I am hoping it can work out. 35 and 27 isn't the end of the world I guess.

I am hoping it can develop into something serious, but it's really hard to develop a good connection when you see a person every other week or so

I'm in two minds about this.

The woman I'm currently seeing and I have both had busy schedules over the last month or so and while we speak weekly we've met once in that time.

In terms of romantic intimacy it's as dry as an English comedian performing stand up in the Sahara, but in terms of personal connection the bond is profound.

Really good conversation flows every time we take an hour or so to let our minds wonder and share what each other is experiencing and what we hope for.

I'll be seeing her for dinner on Sunday, which is great because it's always better when you feel someone's energy in person, and the potential for chemistry soars.

We establish attraction and interest beyond fantasy and our own preconceptions in this way, for sure

But I still believe if the desire to really know someone and grow with them is there then that will find a way to take place even when we can't be in direct touch.

4 hours ago, A'Villan said:

I'm in two minds about this.

The woman I'm currently seeing and I have both had busy schedules over the last month or so and while we speak weekly we've met once in that time.

In terms of romantic intimacy it's as dry as an English comedian performing stand up in the Sahara, but in terms of personal connection the bond is profound.

Really good conversation flows every time we take an hour or so to let our minds wonder and share what each other is experiencing and what we hope for.

I'll be seeing her for dinner on Sunday, which is great because it's always better when you feel someone's energy in person, and the potential for chemistry soars.

We establish attraction and interest beyond fantasy and our own preconceptions in this way, for sure

But I still believe if the desire to really know someone and grow with them is there then that will find a way to take place even when we can't be in direct touch.

This post is crying out for some sage advice from @rjw63   😉

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

This post is crying out for some sage advice from @rjw63   😉

Without a doubt, but I'm also enjoying the side of the relationship that deals with personal connection and friendship, it's nice to have someone who brings out the best in you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, A'Villan said:

Without a doubt, but I'm also enjoying the side of the relationship that deals with personal connection and friendship, it's nice to have someone who brings out the best in you.

So in other words, she's not putting out.

• Haha 1

@il_serpente Excuse me if that's intended as a funny more than just general commentary.

I guess I have aspirations for my relationship to be based on something greater than just sexual gratification.

She must be good in the kitchen and speak when spoken to as well. Not really. If that's the sum total of my better half then my life probably doesn't inspire much.

Having that personal connection and bond as well as friendship doesn't take anything away from desire and attraction, if anything it enhances it. I'm not her handbag.

5 hours ago, A'Villan said:

@il_serpente Excuse me if that's intended as a funny more than just general commentary.

I guess I have aspirations for my relationship to be based on something greater than just sexual gratification.

She must be good in the kitchen and speak when spoken to as well. Not really. If that's the sum total of my better half then my life probably doesn't inspire much.

Having that personal connection and bond as well as friendship doesn't take anything away from desire and attraction, if anything it enhances it. I'm not her handbag.

Plus it helps that’s she’s famous eh? :clap:

6 hours ago, A'Villan said:

Apparently, I should have tacked one of these on to the end:  😁

8 hours ago, A'Villan said:

Ghey. Motor boat and FHUTA. Job done. 

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Plus it helps that’s she’s famous eh? :clap:

I never followed through with that arrangement. Things were going well enough with this girl and have only gotten better.

I might if things don't work out between me and the current girl I'm seeing, but I'm not making any plans for or anticipating that happening.

Even though things are just beginning, we're agreed that we are attracted to each other in a way where we want to see where it leads.

She has deleted bumble and tinder, and I have never been one to date multiple women when I am interested in the potential for something more committed to transpire.

Plus that famous girl really is quite famous, I don't know how I would feel about being on her insta page and having media interested in me.

I'm not pretty or very marketable outside of my involvement in semi-professional basketball, and I don't really want to walk down the red carpet multiple times per year.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

I never followed through with that arrangement. Things were going well enough with this girl and have only gotten better.

I might if things don't work out between me and the current girl I'm seeing, but I'm not making any plans for or anticipating that happening.

Even though things are just beginning, we're agreed that we are attracted to each other in a way where we want to see where it leads.

She has deleted bumble and tinder, and I have never been one to date multiple women when I am interested in the potential for something more committed to transpire.

Plus that famous girl really is quite famous, I don't know how I would feel about being on her insta page and having media interested in me.

I'm not pretty or very marketable outside of my involvement in semi-professional basketball, and I don't really want to walk down the red carpet multiple times per year.

#humblebrag 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Been up and down last few months, lots of daft arguments and with both of us being stubborn gits it takes an age to sort things out. I'll try to talk first and she wont let me, stone walling me until she's ready to talk maybe a day later. Getting a bit fed up of it if I'm honest.

I know a few of these are down to language miscommunication as english isnt her first language but I'm calling bullshit on it as her english is just fine. Starting to wonder if she just likes a bit of conflict every now and again. It's tiresome. She accused me of being selfish a few days ago because I asked if 'she' wanted anything from the shop instead of asking if 'we' need anything. I was only going to get hers and her sons xmas cards. For them. Not me. Them. Mental. Absolutely mental.

Edited by Ingram85
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Been up and down last few months, lots of daft arguments and with both of us being stubborn gits it takes an age to sort things out. I'll try to talk first and she wont let me, stone walling me until she's ready to talk maybe a day later. Getting a bit fed up of it if I'm honest.

I know a few of these are down to language miscommunication as english isnt her first language but I'm calling bullshit on it as her english is just fine. Starting to wonder if she just likes a bit of conflict every now and again. It's tiresome. She accused me of being selfish a few days ago because I asked if 'she' wanted anything from the shop instead of asking if 'we' need anything. I was only going to get hers and her sons xmas cards. For them. Not me. Them. Mental. Absolutely mental.

The Slap GIF

Slap them 

• Haha 2

Â