Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

33 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Send me the address, I'll do it for her.

I'm thinking of opening a Clunge Shaving Boutique.

26 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

We got matching pairs for our trips to Lidl !

That’ll teach me to skip read a thread.

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

My sex drive is too high and it’s getting on my nerves. I’m at the point where I’m considering going the docs to see if I can get put on anti-depressants because I’ve heard they kill it off? 

I’m 40 and it’s higher than it was in my 20’s. If I have to go more than a week without, it’s constantly on my mind and as I’ve been married for nearly 18 years, that’s more of a calorie controlled diet than an all you can eat buffet these days. 

Surely it should be on the wane by now? It’s genuinely pissing me off. 

23 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

My sex drive is too high and it’s getting on my nerves. I’m at the point where I’m considering going the docs to see if I can get put on anti-depressants because I’ve heard they kill it off? 

I’m 40 and it’s higher than it was in my 20’s. If I have to go more than a week without, it’s constantly on my mind and as I’ve been married for nearly 18 years, that’s more of a calorie controlled diet than an all you can eat buffet these days. 

I’m not convinced that’s ‘too high’, I think there’s a vast spectrum of what’s kind of acceptable, from none through to daily.

The problem would be not being compatible with your partner.

Once or twice a week is hardly freakish. But then if your partner wanted something closer to once a year, that wouldn’t be freakish either.

Have you actually had a decent chat about it?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I’m not convinced that’s ‘too high’, I think there’s a vast spectrum of what’s kind of acceptable, from none through to daily.

The problem would be not being compatible with your partner.

Once or twice a week is hardly freakish. But then if your partner wanted something closer to once a year, that wouldn’t be freakish either.

Have you actually had a decent chat about it?

I remember the programme about the bloke who tried to kill his wife by tampering with her sky diving parachute. He was a right prick and was often going to hookers and brothels. He said he had to do it because his wife had an incredibly low sex drive, she’d struggle to have sex more than 4 or 5 times a week. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

It’s more that I generally think about it and want it too often and if anything it’s getting worse as I get older. 

I remember being out for a pint with a fairly elderly relative, and in having a conversation with him I clocked that his eyes flicked to every female that walked in the pub, every low top every decent arse in jeans.

I remember thinking, jeebus, it never ends, you don’t get to a.point where you can just bloody relax.

Don’t take my word as any sort of expert on anything. I’m in my 50’s and I’ve been married since my 20’s. You haven’t described anything particularly unusual as yet.

Or, I’m also a sex pest. 😀

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I remember being out for a pint with a fairly elderly relative, and in having a conversation with him I clocked that his eyes flicked to every female that walked in the pub, every low top every decent arse in jeans.

I remember thinking, jeebus, it never ends, you don’t get to a.point where you can just bloody relax.

Don’t take my word as any sort of expert on anything. I’m in my 50’s and I’ve been married since my 20’s. You haven’t described anything particularly unusual as yet.

Or, I’m also a sex pest. 😀

FFS, don’t say that 🤦‍♂️😀

My sex drive is very up and down but more often down than up. Number of reasons for it I suppose. I’ve also noticed over the last couple of years that I don’t last long anymore where as I used to last for ages. Too much information I know 🙂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

Get used to it.

I'm 56 and 4 or 5 times a week is still the norm. I used to be worse though so it does slow a little.

You'll be OK by the time you're 75 ;)

Does anyone else on here have something that their partner says that sets you right off.....

Anytime I tell me my wife anything she doesn't want to hear she tells me to grow up.... Sounds silly but she has said that many times that I can't take it.

We were seperated for 6 months last year but sorted it out and things have been really good for the last 5 months. 

Anyhow we just had a disagreement and as I walked off she said "grow up" and I just lost it!

Now I know I'm the wrong for losing my cool, but she promised she wouldn't say it anymore. I want to apologise for the way I spoke to her but I know she won't apologise or see anything wrong with what she did.

I'm a stepdad to her 2 kids and in these moments I feel really isolated as they obviously will gravitate towards her.

They're inside eating dinner and I'm out the back having a beer because I don't want to be anywhere near her. Unfortunately I'm not one of these awesome humans who are calm all the time. I wear my heart on my sleeve and show my raft of emotions (as you've probably seen through my VT posts 😂).

I know "grow up" is just two words but she literally says it everytime we argue as a way of dismissing me and my feelings.

Please, can someone rational thinking tell me if I'm being a massive bellend or do I have a point 😔

Edited by Villan_of_oz

3 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

If it pisses you off and she knows it, you have a valid point.

DHUTWU, with no lube.

Thank you, you have no idea how much I needed to laugh. 

I might just take your advice 🤫

I used to be quite ragey when I was young, would fly off the handle at the slightest thing. Something like grow up would certainly be a catalyst for telling my wife to go away. Now, and this isnt a joke, I have grown up and comments like that no longer enrage me. Instead of it pushing you, stand back, assess things and think if it's me being petulant, calm the **** down, if it's her, then I silently have the higher ground. In the end, look from the outside, is this worth an argument. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

If it pisses you off and she knows it, you have a valid point.

This.

If you've asked her not to say it and she knows it pisses you off then she's doing it deliberately because she knows you hate it.

I hardly ever get annoyed at my OH, to be honest I rarely get annoyed at anyone, but if she does something that she knows I hate and I've asked her not to do then I'll kick off a bit. Doesn't matter what it is, if you don't like it she shouldn't do it

Not saying you should fly off the handle, but you have every right to be pissed off about it.

Edited by Stevo985

Â