• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Excuse me, but in VT we shall only use the time honoured DHUTWU :crylaugh:

DYUTWU

Edited by Ingram85
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, A'Villan said:

Scored myself a date with a celebrity actress in a month from now.

Posting this a month in advance in this thread.

source.gif

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tegis said:

Posting this a month in advance in this thread.

source.gif

Not entirely sure why I did tbh.

Think I wanted to share that I'm excited and a tad nervous, which has nothing to do with her being a public figure.

I think @KentVillan's advice was apt and about all I need really. We get along, and she's cute, there's chemistry and that's what scares me to be honest.

If I can return to being somewhat serious for a moment, the last girl who I caught feelings for slept with my former best friend.

I spent nearly every day with both of them for just about a decade. And that's not even the worst part.

When I found out, I took the mentality of being happy for them, as long as they were honest with me, so I could move on and find someone true to me.

What ensued was a very influential catalyst in the onset of my health deteriorating and me subsequently being diagnosed with Schizophrenia.

Don't get me wrong, there were a number of contributing factors that lead to that diagnosis, but the betrayal and toxic behaviour from that scenario, wouldn't wish it on anybody.

I'd like to think I'm a fairly capable man with a reasonably sound mind these days, but I could certainly be haunted by ghosts if I chose to live there.

It's not something that I have to concern myself with immediately, I'm just going to enjoy the moment with this girl for now, but at some stage revealing my past may come up.

I lived the experience, so I know how bloody scary it is, and I'm aware that potentially may frighten some women away.

11 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

20191020_215458.jpg

Quite a catch there mate. Take her for walks would be my advice 😁

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Halcyon days of Neighbours

Also plain Jane... the nerd turned glamorous! Mike couldn't see the potential, the drongo! 

Some heavy hitters on the sofas there... Donovan, Minogue and Pearce. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 19/10/2019 at 20:33, A'Villan said:

Scored myself a date with a celebrity actress in a month from now.

Is it Emily Symons?

Proper stroke-off material she is/was ;)

spacer.png

• Like 3

So... i went on a date last night (no DHUTWU action before anyone asks !) with a lady who lives in Olton. We agreed to meet at a pub near to her, that being the Olton tavern. All went well, with a follow up date scheduled for next Monday. 

However.... i didn't realise how close the pub is to the Land Rover factory, well not until i noticed the number of blokes supping away still wearing hi vis jackets.....then it sank in.... i was in enemy territory which was confirmed when hairy arsed bloke no.1 asked hairy arsed bloke no.2 on the far side of the bar if he "wuz gooin' down stans tomorra ?". HAB no.2 grunted that he wuz despite the crap he saw at Leeds on satdee.

I was torn between making a smug, superior quip about only watching premier  league footy or reacting badly should one of them make a comment about da vile.

Luckily my date wasn't in to football so it wasn't talked about. Just as well cos i was badly outnumbered. My own fault really....i should've recognised the sty stench when i walked in to the place :(

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mottaloo said:

So... i went on a date last night (no DHUTWU action before anyone asks !) with a lady who lives in Olton. We agreed to meet at a pub near to her, that being the Olton tavern. All went well, with a follow up date scheduled for next Monday. 

However.... i didn't realise how close the pub is to the Land Rover factory, well not until i noticed the number of blokes supping away still wearing hi vis jackets.....then it sank in.... i was in enemy territory which was confirmed when hairy arsed bloke no.1 asked hairy arsed bloke no.2 on the far side of the bar if he "wuz gooin' down stans tomorra ?". HAB no.2 grunted that he wuz despite the crap he saw at Leeds on satdee.

I was torn between making a smug, superior quip about only watching premier  league footy or reacting badly should one of them make a comment about da vile.

Luckily my date wasn't in to football so it wasn't talked about. Just as well cos i was badly outnumbered. My own fault really....i should've recognised the sty stench when i walked in to the place :(

Haha, reminds me of my first date with the current Mrs rjw.

We went in the Sheldon Hall, because it was near to where we both lived. It was shit, but the date went well.

Some time later we agreed we should go back to the Sheldon Hall on the same date we met, every year.

We did it the first year...what a **** tip. Place full of pissheads at 7pm.  Haven't been back in the last 7 years and certainly won't be changing that :)

• Like 1

Don't know the place so i just mooney'd it on TripAdvisor. Nearly 100 of the 320 ratings are one star 😮

Gonna give it a miss, thanks for the tip !

Â