Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

9 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Halcyon days of Neighbours

Also plain Jane... the nerd turned glamorous! Mike couldn't see the potential, the drongo! 

Some heavy hitters on the sofas there... Donovan, Minogue and Pearce. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 19/10/2019 at 20:33, A'Villan said:

Scored myself a date with a celebrity actress in a month from now.

Is it Emily Symons?

Proper stroke-off material she is/was ;)

spacer.png

• Like 3

So... i went on a date last night (no DHUTWU action before anyone asks !) with a lady who lives in Olton. We agreed to meet at a pub near to her, that being the Olton tavern. All went well, with a follow up date scheduled for next Monday. 

However.... i didn't realise how close the pub is to the Land Rover factory, well not until i noticed the number of blokes supping away still wearing hi vis jackets.....then it sank in.... i was in enemy territory which was confirmed when hairy arsed bloke no.1 asked hairy arsed bloke no.2 on the far side of the bar if he "wuz gooin' down stans tomorra ?". HAB no.2 grunted that he wuz despite the crap he saw at Leeds on satdee.

I was torn between making a smug, superior quip about only watching premier  league footy or reacting badly should one of them make a comment about da vile.

Luckily my date wasn't in to football so it wasn't talked about. Just as well cos i was badly outnumbered. My own fault really....i should've recognised the sty stench when i walked in to the place :(

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mottaloo said:

So... i went on a date last night (no DHUTWU action before anyone asks !) with a lady who lives in Olton. We agreed to meet at a pub near to her, that being the Olton tavern. All went well, with a follow up date scheduled for next Monday. 

However.... i didn't realise how close the pub is to the Land Rover factory, well not until i noticed the number of blokes supping away still wearing hi vis jackets.....then it sank in.... i was in enemy territory which was confirmed when hairy arsed bloke no.1 asked hairy arsed bloke no.2 on the far side of the bar if he "wuz gooin' down stans tomorra ?". HAB no.2 grunted that he wuz despite the crap he saw at Leeds on satdee.

I was torn between making a smug, superior quip about only watching premier  league footy or reacting badly should one of them make a comment about da vile.

Luckily my date wasn't in to football so it wasn't talked about. Just as well cos i was badly outnumbered. My own fault really....i should've recognised the sty stench when i walked in to the place :(

Haha, reminds me of my first date with the current Mrs rjw.

We went in the Sheldon Hall, because it was near to where we both lived. It was shit, but the date went well.

Some time later we agreed we should go back to the Sheldon Hall on the same date we met, every year.

We did it the first year...what a **** tip. Place full of pissheads at 7pm.  Haven't been back in the last 7 years and certainly won't be changing that :)

• Like 1

Thanks for your support fellow VTers. I must say that we all have mental health, be it good, bad or inbetween so if this lady has any issues on trust or is wary then fine, I respect that despite my bunny boiler comment (heat of the moment stuff i guess). However,  I'm not a mind reader and all she did was freak me out.

If.....IF it WAS purely down to my outfit and driving skills then I'm better off out of it.

23 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Bonus point for staying positive and giving it one last shot. 

In the old days, I’d have already had one in my wallet.

Not that I ever used it, date expired in the end.

I hardly ever laugh out loud but that made i guffaw audibly !

Sir, I applaud you !!!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Second (and as it turned out) the last date with my olton tavern lady friend :
Table booked for 8 at an Italian in dickens heath so i picked her up at 7.40pm. She looked like she was wearing a full length clingy dress or skirt (she had a coat on) split up the side. Me, navy shirt, diesel jeans (blue/faded), smart casual you know.

Get in the car & put the postcode of the restaurant in the satnav and off we go. Chatting away....well, i was anyway....getting brief answers back then as i turn right per the satnav, she says "no...that's not right...." in a quiet voice. A minute or so later and my chat is floundering (i thought the ice had been broken last date), so i ask if she's ok. She says she's not feeling very well. I guess "migraine ?" she replies "yes, sort of ". Ask her if i can help or did she want to go home (knowing how a mate of mine suffers with them and how painful they can be). She replied that she'd wanted to go home. Fair enough i think. Migraines are migraines. She spent the whole (5 minute) car journey with a distracted look on her face. So i turn the car around, ask if i can pop in to a chemist for her. No, she says and the rest of the journey back is in silence except for her directing me back.
Pull up outside and she says sorry but she has had a panic attack and then legged it out the car !
I drive back wracking my brains as to what i said or did wrong (always accepting the blame, me).

Can't think of anything at all but me being me, sent a message to say sorry if i upset her at all....she said she was all glammed up and my old faded jeans were not smart casual....I'm not a label dropper but my whole outfit was almost £400 and that's without the Creed aftershave (we weren't off to a 5 star red carpet joint, but a small bistro on a Monday night !). She also said it terrified her that i didn't know my way (i live in the north side of the city - how the f@@@ would i know solihull and the surrounding areas ?!). I followed the satnav and it told me to turn right when she said left. That spooked her apparently, not that we'd got that far from her house anyway. 

Tell you what...YOU book the restaurant.....YOU pick ME up from across the city (i was gonna pay the whole restaurant bill too) and THEN you can kick off !!

Number now blocked. I mean, she's probably done me a favour, cos if she kicked off about my outfit and navigating skills then christ knows what she would've been like had something big gone wrong. She was physically fit as fxxx but jeez, what a bunny boiler !!

Definitely best out of that one. Move onto the next 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Second (and as it turned out) the last date with my olton tavern lady friend :
Table booked for 8 at an Italian in dickens heath so i picked her up at 7.40pm. She looked like she was wearing a full length clingy dress or skirt (she had a coat on) split up the side. Me, navy shirt, diesel jeans (blue/faded), smart casual you know.

Get in the car & put the postcode of the restaurant in the satnav and off we go. Chatting away....well, i was anyway....getting brief answers back then as i turn right per the satnav, she says "no...that's not right...." in a quiet voice. A minute or so later and my chat is floundering (i thought the ice had been broken last date), so i ask if she's ok. She says she's not feeling very well. I guess "migraine ?" she replies "yes, sort of ". Ask her if i can help or did she want to go home (knowing how a mate of mine suffers with them and how painful they can be). She replied that she'd wanted to go home. Fair enough i think. Migraines are migraines. She spent the whole (5 minute) car journey with a distracted look on her face. So i turn the car around, ask if i can pop in to a chemist for her. No, she says and the rest of the journey back is in silence except for her directing me back.
Pull up outside and she says sorry but she has had a panic attack and then legged it out the car !
I drive back wracking my brains as to what i said or did wrong (always accepting the blame, me).

Can't think of anything at all but me being me, sent a message to say sorry if i upset her at all....she said she was all glammed up and my old faded jeans were not smart casual....I'm not a label dropper but my whole outfit was almost £400 and that's without the Creed aftershave (we weren't off to a 5 star red carpet joint, but a small bistro on a Monday night !). She also said it terrified her that i didn't know my way (i live in the north side of the city - how the f@@@ would i know solihull and the surrounding areas ?!). I followed the satnav and it told me to turn right when she said left. That spooked her apparently, not that we'd got that far from her house anyway. 

Tell you what...YOU book the restaurant.....YOU pick ME up from across the city (i was gonna pay the whole restaurant bill too) and THEN you can kick off !!

Number now blocked. I mean, she's probably done me a favour, cos if she kicked off about my outfit and navigating skills then christ knows what she would've been like had something big gone wrong. She was physically fit as fxxx but jeez, what a bunny boiler !!

Is she for real?? Mate you are lucky before it got serious she sounds like a clown.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Is she for real?? Mate you are lucky before it got serious she sounds like a clown.

I know we all have periods in our lives that make us behave strangely; perhaps this was an example of her's ? However, to say more than once she was terrified about my lack of knowledge in finding the restaurant was OTT, laughable even. I mean, satnavs these days are pretty spot on and re calculate if you do make a wrong turn. 

I dunno....we were on a second date when making an impression is still very important. If it was me and i felt overdressed compared to my date then I'd not let it visibly bother me. However, to message me 30 mins after i got home to say we weren't going to "work" based on 5 minutes in the car and with only one previous (enjoyable) date under our belts is ridiculous. 

As Lambo said....."we go again !" 🤨

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â