Chris Herd

ChrisNichollsToe

Surely Herd should be found innocent if there is a lack of evidence rather than guilty? There's a lack of evidence to support the claim that I started WWII, but that doesnt make me guilty.

Judging by Saturday's efforts, I think Dowd could get you there! :winkold:

Ridiculous that they can get away with a decision like that without having to make any public comment to explain themselves.

• Like 1

agree, its part of why the respect campaign has failed miserably, they have to be made accountable, how hard can it be to do a 5 minute interview later in the week explaining his decisions? doesnt have to be an apology just an explanation

instead we get gallagher, poll or at worst winter coming out with utter bollocks, personally listening to gallagher on SSN most weeks justifying a terrible decision only further convinces me they watch a different game to me

I think any club who has a player sent off incorrectly should be awarded a point if it's overturned.

Only absolutely clear cut cases such as this one will be overturned anyway. The cost of losing a player during a match for a club is such that being the victim of such a miscarriage of justice should carry some kind of compensation. It seriously could mean the difference between relegation or survival and while hopefully not but if we went down due to less than 2 points I'd love to see what a court case would make of it.

Not really Dowd's fault anyway is it?

Don't get me wrong, Dowd's an idiot.

But if his linesman tells him he's 100% sure that Herd kicked Olsson when he was on the ground, Dowd doesn't really have any choice but to send him off.

agree, but as someone else said in the dowd thread he should have taken his time to establish what really happened rather than sending him off straight away without consulting anyone but a brief radio chat

Who else is he going to ask?

He's not allowed to ask the 4th official, so...the other linesman?!

I would love to see what Delph could do with a DCM - Herd - alongside him and an ACM - Ireland - in front. This looks like a better balanced midfield to me.

It would probably be one of the weakest midfields in the entire Premiership. Absolutely no experience. Energy alone wins you games in the Conference perhaps, not the Premier League and thank god for that.

Â