Chris Herd

ChrisNichollsToe

Good to see that as soon as a young player comes through from the youth set up & shows a bit of promise, people are lining up to write him down. :?

when has he shown promise? he's a very average footballer at best

Like Van Persie average?

he is average imo, just performs brilliantly once every 10 games which means that people think he's a brilliant player

Oh my God.

that's my opinion, it's not my fault that you disagree with it

Well it's a ridiculous opinion. :lol:

he's not good enough for our great football club, it's as simple as that for me
How can you make such a judgement this early on?

i've seen him come up through the youth system, i've seen him play quite a lot, at no stage have i thought that he's good enough to be in the first team on a regular basis

I've also seen him come through, saw a lot of him in the reserves and then kept an eye on him when he was out on loan - and like you, I've always noticed his limitations and thought he wouldn't make it at the top level.

However, over the course of time he became a very good reserve team player and he's surprised me a great deal with how well he's coped with first team football.

He has a confidence and an energy that will take him a long way and I've got to say that looking at him today he looks very much a player with a Premier league future.

He's grown a fair bit, both physically and in confidence over the last year and he's a determined lad - he's not Zico and never will be, but there are opportunities for him in roles that are increasingly important in teams.

I'd have agreed with you a year ago, but I'm becoming a believer.

i've seen him come up through the youth system, i've seen him play quite a lot, at no stage have i thought that he's good enough to be in the first team on a regular basis

From what I have seen I find it difficult to see what you could not like about this kid? Can you be more specific on what it is you think he doesn't bring?

i just think he's average in all areas and is blocking the progress of delph and gary gardner who are both much better than him

I would disagree with you though because I don't think either of these two can play the same game as Herd or fit in where he currently is.

Good to see that as soon as a young player comes through from the youth set up & shows a bit of promise, people are lining up to write him down. :?

Like Van Persie average?

he is average imo, just performs brilliantly once every 10 games which means that people think he's a brilliant player

Completely OT I know but just out of interest SGC ... RVP or the Fonz?

From what I have seen I find it difficult to see what you could not like about this kid? Can you be more specific on what it is you think he doesn't bring?

i just think he's average in all areas and is blocking the progress of delph and gary gardner who are both much better than him

I would disagree with you though because I don't think either of these two can play the same game as Herd or fit in where he currently is.

good point well made

Like Van Persie average?

tough choice to be honest, both quality players but i'd say rvp at the minute but in 5 years or so, it'll be delfouneso for sure

good point well made

Thank you.

I would, however, love to see a CM three of:

------------- Herd ------------

----------------- Delph -------

------ Gardner ---------------

get a chance.

Like Van Persie average?

tough choice to be honest, both quality players but i'd say rvp at the minute but in 5 years or so, it'll be delfouneso for sure

Tough choice? What drugs have you been taking SGC? :lol:

Sir Gary Cahill, I'm not sure how can say he has been average when playing in reserves/youth. Don't get me wrong, I don't watch every reserve game, but from the ones I've seen him play him, he has done well. Didn't he bang a hattrick in that 10-1 demolition of Arsenal last season? Maybe I'm wrong about him.

He shows perhaps more bollocks than any of our players, went to the leaping school of Tim Cahill, seemingly fits the defensive midfield role better than any of the players in our squad right now, and from short glimpse under Houllier and games under McLiesh, he attacks the ball very well in the box from set pieces/crosses.

I don't think he's keeping out Delph/Gardner, because I see those as more attacking minded midfielders or playing in the Petrov position. That attacking midfield position is up for grabs right now. Bannan, Ireland and potentially Gardner vying for that spot. Along with Heskey of course :).

Shame we havn't got a cup competition to give some of the guys like Gardner a go.

We'll see how he (Herd) does over a run of games to give better judgment, but so far, so good.

Delfouneso better than Van Persie in 5 years? As much as I'd love that, I don't see it at all. Fonz needs a loan, Weimann is above him on the pecking order right now.

but you said a few posts back RVP is average. and you seem to regard Fonz as the greatest thing since sliced bread

Has deputised as my new favourite player in Bannan's absence rather well. He actually seems to work quite well with Petrov, and I really think his positioning could give Ireland or Bannan the license to flourish in Heskey's position.

Like Van Persie average?

eh? RVP has gone from average to a quality player in about 3 posts

Â