Chris Herd

ChrisNichollsToe

I think this blind faith in Herd is quite idiotic.

None of you can actually see what happened on those replays, quite frankly because they are of poor quality, out of focus and with obstacles in the way.

If he stamped out on him, even without hitting at all, it is a red card and the linesman was in order when waving his flag. Saying it is the most stupid decision ever, when you have not seen the incident at all like the linesman supposedly did, well that just remind me of Liverpool fans who cannot see the truth for what it is.

After viewing it several times, it can look like Herd kicks back at Olsson but does not strike him. That is probably why he does not make a meal out of it the Swede, since the ball is in action and coming back their way. The red card is of course in order, if that was the scenario, but the penalty is a mystery to me. Isn't this the sort of thing that should be given a red for unsportsmanlike conduct and then a drop in the middle of the pitch?

Blind faith? You only have to listen to the neutrals to see that it is far from that.

I heard crooks, keown, Hanson and lawro alone say it was not even a foul let alone red card and pen.

Match of day showed a perfect slow of it and there was nothing doing

None of you can actually see what happened on those replays, quite frankly because they are of poor quality, out of focus and with obstacles in the way.

If he stamped out on him, even without hitting at all, it is a red card and the linesman was in order when waving his flag. Saying it is the most stupid decision ever, when you have not seen the incident at all like the linesman supposedly did, well that just remind me of Liverpool fans who cannot see the truth for what it is.

After viewing it several times, it can look like Herd kicks back at Olsson but does not strike him. That is probably why he does not make a meal out of it the Swede, since the ball is in action and coming back their way. The red card is of course in order, if that was the scenario, but the penalty is a mystery to me. Isn't this the sort of thing that should be given a red for unsportsmanlike conduct and then a drop in the middle of the pitch?

So you moan at people for having blind faith because of the angle despite it being quite clear yet you do the complete same but with an different point of view????

What a prat.

What a bunch of crap. Seeing the incident like the assistant ref did? How could he have seen anything at all when Olssons body was obstructing his view? I saw several replays, no obstacles and zoomed in and there is NOTHING that indicates Herd stamping on Olsson. From what ive seen, and 99% pf everyone else so it seems, Olsson is holding on to Herds leg when on the ground and Herd is just trying to get away, there is no stamping or even anything close to it. He's simply just pulling his foot away, and believe me, if Olsson was stamped on he wouldv'e raged like the lunatic that he is, no doubt.

The Ref was nearer to the incident than the linesman and did not see it. The Albion players did not call for a foul. If replays from several camera angles don't show without doubt that there was a stamp then how can the linesman have seen a stamp.

Perhaps you're letting your feelings about McLeish cloud your judgement.

Blind faith? You only have to listen to the neutrals to see that it is far from that.

I heard crooks, keown, Hanson and lawro alone say it was not even a foul let alone red card and pen.

Match of day showed a perfect slow of it and there was nothing doing

Le Tissier seemed quite confused as well, So did Brian Little, Danny Mills and Pat Nevin on Setanta

Just seen it again on Goal on Sunday in slow motion.

It looks worse every time you watch it, deary me. Its decisions like this where officials should be man enough to come out and apologise, there is absolutely no way you can defend a decision like that.

I don't need to see the replay my seat in the upper holte was perfectly in line with it I'd argue I had a better view than the lino, olsson grabbed him leg and his flicked his leg out to stop the grab to suggest it was a kick is absoluely ridiculous

and olsson is so convinced that it was a kick that he got straight back up didn't appeal and was running back? Yeah right

I don't need to see the replay my seat in the upper holte was perfectly in line with it I'd argue I had a better view than the lino, olsson grabbed him leg and his flicked his leg out to stop the grab to suggest it was a kick is absoluely ridiculous

and olsson is so convinced that it was a kick that he got straight back up didn't appeal and was running back? Yeah right

Olsson said he wasn't one to complain and make a fuss. What a load of shit. :lol:

I think you should have gone to specsavers mate.

There's some amazingly clear footage of it, from a way better angle than the linesman had.

There's some amazingly clear footage of it, from a way better angle than the linesman had.

Certainly not when I watched the game live on TV, and certainly not on the highlights from MotD. Which is why the pundits/commentators are not making any conclusions at all.

So it would be great if you brought froward these amazingly clear pictures to this thread.

Certainly not when I watched the game live on TV, and certainly not on the highlights from MotD. Which is why the pundits/commentators are not making any conclusions at all.

So it would be great if you brought froward these amazingly clear pictures to this thread.

I would suggest if you are having trouble with the quality of image trying having a fiddle with the tv, perhaps contrast levels and brightness are a little low, you might also want to turn the volume up as well as most commentators have said it was a strange decision, not a red and not a pen either.

I am sure this has been said about 100 players over the last 10yrs that eventually go to having a steady career at the likes of Rochdale, but, here goes.........

there is an air of Roy Keane about this guy - I'm very excited.

oh, for the above sayingg pundits wouldnt comit either way.

Well as Alan Hanson said "ridiculous decision" - what do you want him to say

Well even Mr Three Yellows himself agrees that it was a ridiculous decision:

Further injustice was to come when Chris Herd tangled with Jonas Olsson following a clearance from Villa and players moved upfield. Players from both sides looked around quizzically as Dowd blew his whistle and took advice from his assistant Darren Cann. The World Cup final assistant told Dowd that he was 100 per cent sure that Herd had kicked out at Olsson on the floor and so as well as a penalty for the visitors Herd should be sent off.

I like Cann and think he is the best assistant around and so watched the replays searching for the evidence to support him; however, I could not find any. It appeared to me that Herd merely tried to get his foot from under Olsson’s body and get upfield. Olsson did not react and that should have told Cann that what he thought might have happened did not.

Former top referee Paul Durkin lived by the tenet, 'no surprises' and Cann’s intervention caused surprise and consternation and will surely result in a successful appeal by Aston Villa against the wrongful dismissal of Herd.

Â