Chris Herd

ChrisNichollsToe

• 3 months later...

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/news/herd-get-one-last-chance-aston-villa

Socceroo Chris Herd’s Aston Villa career isn’t over just yet despite the club confirming he hasn’t been offered a new deal.

Herd, 26, is out of contract at Villa Park, but wasn’t among the list of players released by the club, which included Darren Bent and Enda Stevens.
The Australian utility suffered a season-ending knee injury while on loan at Wigan in February, shortly after Tim Sherwood’s appointment as Villa boss.
It was widely expected Herd would be let go by Villa, but Sherwood is willing to give him a chance to impress when back to fitness.
“Chris Herd, whose contract also expires at the end of this month, will be monitored during pre-season by Tim Sherwood after completing his injury rehabilitation over the summer,” read a club statement.
Herd has endured a wretched run with injuries, including an Achilles problem which ruled him out of the 2015 Asian Cup.
The Perth-born utility has only managed 42 appearances since being promoted to Villa senior squad in 2010.
Herd has had stints on loan at a variety of lower tier clubs, including Wigan, Bolton, Lincoln City, Wycombe and Port Vale.

Ah now, 'absolute wrongun' is harsh.  He did have his run-ins while at the club but then he wasn't the only one and he was a youngun at the time too.

Good to see the club giving him a chance to recover from injury before deciding what to do. I guess Tim has seen him play before mind to let this happen

• 1 month later...

Ah now, 'absolute wrongun' is harsh. He did have his run-ins while at the club but then he wasn't the only one and he was a youngun at the time too.

And then there was the time he did a runner with a bird while the club were away training in the sun and refused to come home.

Edit - allegedly

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

• 1 month later...

Strange there was no confirmation on the OS (unless I missed it) but it seems he turned down that short term deal

People can forget you very quickly when you are not playing. Villa offered him a three-month contract because (coach) Tim Sherwood wanted to have a look at him, but Chris said no to that.”

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2015/07/17/league-not-option-herd-hunts-new-club

Edited by Jimzk5

Strange there was no confirmation on the OS (unless I missed it) but it seems he turned down that short term deal

People can forget you very quickly when you are not playing. Villa offered him a three-month contract because (coach) Tim Sherwood wanted to have a look at him, but Chris said no to that.”

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2015/07/17/league-not-option-herd-hunts-new-club

It was reported a couple of months ago but thought was stupid he refused a short term deal especially as he has no club now as far as i remember

Â