Chris Herd

ChrisNichollsToe

He was looser than delph which is pretty scary, was a yellow card waiting to happen he flew into eveything, that said it wasn't a red card

I'm tempted to say he was our best player up until the red card which makes it even worse, particulary impressd with his spring times his jumps perfectly one our few players to wins header today

One of the worst decisions I have seen in football. If he stamped on Olssen would he have just got up and played on? Never in million years, he and a dozen other players would have kicked off...

If anyone can give me an example of a player that has been stamped on and just. Got up and walked away then I'll buy them a beer. If it was a stamp he would of either rolled around on the floor or retaliated!

My mate rang me from Thailand as he was watching it and was so baffled by it ... So I just broke my villa exile and watched it on MOTD

Never a penalty and never a red card

A decision that maybe cost us the game today ... (You can argue about the Hutton challenge of course )

Very impressed today. Quick, reads the game well, good in the air. Just needs to be more composed on the ball going forward. Dribbles into lunging tackles!

Could be the holding enforcer we need to free up Stan/ Delph/ Bannan/ Ireland as the attacking 2 going forwards if we stick with 4-3-3.

Appeal the card, get him in against a revived Suderland and lets kick on!

If anything Olsson fouls Herd first by bringing his arm across him and dragging him down, then his body was holding on to him. Yet, he somehow claims Herd kicked him. What a total word removed.

I think the bit deemed as the infringement was just where Olsson hit the ground and Herd put his foot down to balance himself whilst watching the flight of the ball. His foot comes down right beside Olsson's midriff and from the lino's position it probably looked for all money like a stamp because Olsson's back was to him and he would not have had a clear view of the point of impact.

While it would have looked like a stamp to him, however, for him to say he could be certain it was a red card/penalty is utter rubbish, because there is no way he could have been 100% sure. And 90% sure is in no way good enough to make a match-turning decision and potentially **** up the career of a promising youngster.

I hope Villa support the kid by appealing the decision and giving him another shot next week.

Surely appealing this ridiculous red card is a no brainer. How can the FA back up the ref here? Far more stupid than the Rodwell red card the other week. I've watched it back a few times and I am still in awe of how shit that decision from Dowd was.

yep was warned twice by the ref prior to the sending off. really not sure about him myself - i think his agression is covering his shortcomings as a player.

I see this as being aggressive and wanting to win a ball rather than standing off letting the opposition dictate their game on you. He is exactly the type of player we need to give us a balance. I wasn't aware that football had become a non-contact sport, yet!

I hope he plays many games for us this season and becomes a mainstay in the side. Athletic, powerful, with some reasonable ball skills. In front of Delph as far as I am concerned.

He was probably our best player until the incident, haven't seen a replay yet but surely where there is any doubt the referee needs to look at the reaction of the players involved. Don't like that the ref didn't go over to the lino see exactly what he saw before puling the card out.

Don't like that the ref didn't go over to the lino see exactly what he saw before puling the card out.

The linesman told him exactly what he saw. Waste of time going over there when they're mic'd up, he'd just tell him the same as he told him over the headset.

the interesting part was that he was marking Olsson and after that he dominated from corners against us.

I think management see him as our main header of the ball to put him on someone taller than him

Olsson says there was no doubt Herd kicked out at him and feels the penalty, which was missed by Chris Brunt, was deserved.

"I think we got tangled up a little bit and I fall down and the Villa player (Herd) kicked back and hit me,” the Swede, who scored the equaliser with a 45th minute header, told Sky Sports.

"I think maybe he feels it was a bit harsh, but I think he will agree it was a foul and you know, credit to the linesman. He sees the incident and acts on it and I think like I've been saying in other interviews, last week, I think I should have had a penalty against Wolves and I didn't get it but today I did and these things I think even out throughout the season.

"And like I also said in my last interview, that I think that after the Wolves game, I think the refs are keeping a consistent level and I think that's all you can ask and I think everyone is on board with that."

... Yeah right, he looked shocked when the ref blew the whistle and gave a penalty and started celebrating, infact looking again it looked like he thought he was going to get penalised instead like he did something wrong.

Â