Chris Herd

ChrisNichollsToe

I'm really pleased indeed the red card was rescinded - and so impressed at the dignified way Herd conducted himself throughout the incident.

But I'm speechless with rage at those two **** match officials who **** up our match and played a big part in sending us to defeat (Bent's inability to score the softest chance in football history always excepted).

Surely they should get a very public rebuke from the FA, some sort of punsihment, and be required to apologise both to Herd and the club?

I'm waiting...

I'm really pleased indeed the red card was rescinded - and so impressed at the dignified way Herd conducted himself throughout the incident.

But I'm speechless with rage at those two **** match officials who **** up our match and played a big part in sending us to defeat (Bent's inability to score the softest chance in football history always excepted).

Surely they should get a very public rebuke from the FA, some sort of punsihment, and be required to apologise both to Herd and the club?

I'm waiting...

I noticed that you didn't mention our inability to create chances. Of course, there's no doubt that the sending off had the biggest impact in the game though.

'Herd stepped back and then hit me on my thigh. If you ask him, he will think it is a bit harsh, but I think he will agree it was a foul. It was a needless thing for him to do. The linesman saw it and credit to him for taking a decision like that.'

Read more: http://www.wba.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=260145#ixzz1bpQRlJ6P

What's the story now, Jonas?

Why is 4 paltry?

it's a good amount for a striker but for a supposed leading premiership side it's a very poor amount

We are not a leading premiership side though are we? At best we are a upper mid-table team for the forceable future anyway.

And according to the premier league assits chart he is only behind nasri,silva and young.

Herd should not be considered out starting DM. He can do fine against poorer teams such as wigan, swansea, or even wba, but he wont look so good against better clubs. I don't understand why Clark hasn't been given the chance to be the DM for this team yet. With coker gone, there really is no one beside Clark who can play that spot effectively. Petrov is fine in the XI but he shouldn't be the DM and someone like Ireland or Bannan should be the creator. Delph can be groomed to be Petrov's replacement because Delph also is not a playmaker at this level nor is he a DM.

Opinions are like arseholes everyone has one, in this case I don't get SGC or Czechlad view as every time I see Chris herd play I'm impressed with what I see. It's not his fault that we came up against officials who believe they are the centre of attention.

I don't get McClueless, Hutton, Collins, Dunne, Warnock, Heskey, Ireland, Petrov (to name a few) being at VP but that's my opinion as I feel this lot continually let us down but unless Herd proves otherwise I want to see more of him in a Villa shirt.

Herd is not a great footballer. His second touch is often a tackle and he probably does not have the footballing brain the likes of Clarke and Bannan do.

However, he has fight, desire and wants to win the ball back everytime he doesnt have it.

Lets not kid ourselves into thinking we are a great footballing side at the moment. We are probably going to be in a relegation scrap this season and players like Herd will help us scrape an extra point here and an extra point there.

When we were challenging for 4th with the likes of Milner, Barry, Downing, Young etc. Herd would have had a hard time even making our bench. Now however, he may well play an important role in keeping us in the premiership.

He was excellent at right back on his debut and he had a decent 45 against WBA. Give the lad a chance, he is probably no better on worse than Reo-Coker, one of our brighter players last term.

Herd is not a great footballer. His second touch is often a tackle and he probably does not have the footballing brain the likes of Clarke and Bannan do.

However, he has fight, desire and wants to win the ball back everytime he doesnt have it.

Lets not kid ourselves into thinking we are a great footballing side at the moment. We are probably going to be in a relegation scrap this season and players like Herd will help us scrape an extra point here and an extra point there.

When we were challenging for 4th with the likes of Milner, Barry, Downing, Young etc. Herd would have had a hard time even making our bench. Now however, he may well play an important role in keeping us in the premiership.

He was excellent at right back on his debut and he had a decent 45 against WBA. Give the lad a chance, he is probably no better on worse than Reo-Coker, one of our brighter players last term.

Exactly grafters play an important role in a team and Herd seems to fall into this category. ATM we need this more than a few attempted fancy passes from Ireland? I hope the lad get's a chance?

Herd should not be considered out starting DM. He can do fine against poorer teams such as wigan, swansea, or even wba, but he wont look so good against better clubs. I don't understand why Clark hasn't been given the chance to be the DM for this team yet. With coker gone, there really is no one beside Clark who can play that spot effectively.

There is no doubting Clarks ability on the ball but his pace and strength for this position is surely not good enough and also a worry for me at CB. Herd whilst not as good technically, is strong, mobile and the lad cant half jump and thats why I think he should be given a run in this position.

Herd should not be considered out starting DM. He can do fine against poorer teams such as wigan, swansea, or even wba, but he wont look so good against better clubs. I don't understand why Clark hasn't been given the chance to be the DM for this team yet. With coker gone, there really is no one beside Clark who can play that spot effectively.

There is no doubting Clarks ability on the ball but his pace and strength for this position is surely not good enough and also a worry for me at CB. Herd whilst not as good technically, is strong, mobile and the lad cant half jump and thats why I think he should be given a run in this position.

We agree again! Herd is the type of player we have been desperate for, IMO, for a long time. High energy grafter, great engine, good in the air etc.. I haven't seen enough of his distribution - and we won't know until he has had some time to settle - to know how good he could be.

We need a player like this at the base of a CM three to allow the others to play.

I doubt anyone who has watched us play this season is under any illusions about our current playing staff.

For me the only "established" players fit to wear C&B are Given, Gabby, Bent the rest of them are utter shite.

If it wasn't for the likes of Herd, Bannan (but who knows what will happen if the D/D is upheld?) Clark coming through we would be in a far worse position, I also include Delph in that as I still believe he has it in him to make the grade.

Make no mistake we are in for a relegation fight, lets hope the likes of Herd, who can play football is ready to keep us in the Premiership but under this manager I have my doubts.

Â