Chris Herd

ChrisNichollsToe

It was never a sending off. very poor decision. however, int he run up to the incident I was thinking that Herd waa sending-off waiting to happen. The fact that a shit decision got him before a rekless challenge did is a moot point.

The annoying thing is that Olsson clearly was the aggressor in the running battle they'd been having. When the ref spoke to them in the leadup you could see Olsson had given Herd a whack or a heavy bump or something off the ball. Then, when the penalty is given, he pumps his fists and celebrates and then clearly turns around and gives another celebration directly in Herd's face. It was a clear "I've outsmarted you" kind of reaction.

And his comments since the match are pretty low - basically attempting to prejudice any appeal by saying that Herd kicked him and that it was a clear penalty. Pretty average behaviour towards a fellow professional. What goes around comes around Mr Olsson.

The annoying thing is that Olsson clearly was the aggressor in the running battle they'd been having. When the ref spoke to them in the leadup you could see Olsson had given Herd a whack or a heavy bump or something off the ball. Then, when the penalty is given, he pumps his fists and celebrates and then clearly turns around and gives another celebration directly in Herd's face. It was a clear "I've outsmarted you" kind of reaction.

And his comments since the match are pretty low - basically attempting to prejudice any appeal by saying that Herd kicked him and that it was a clear penalty. Pretty average behaviour towards a fellow professional. What goes around comes around Mr Olsson.

I agree with this. Terrible conduct on behalf of Olsson. Would love to see him sent off this season for something that clearly wasn't a foul. See how he likes it. word removed.

Not really Dowd's fault anyway is it?

Don't get me wrong, Dowd's an idiot.

But if his linesman tells him he's 100% sure that Herd kicked Olsson when he was on the ground, Dowd doesn't really have any choice but to send him off.

Not really Dowd's fault anyway is it?

Don't get me wrong, Dowd's an idiot.

But if his linesman tells him he's 100% sure that Herd kicked Olsson when he was on the ground, Dowd doesn't really have any choice but to send him off.

agree, but as someone else said in the dowd thread he should have taken his time to establish what really happened rather than sending him off straight away without consulting anyone but a brief radio chat

i suppose the benefit of the doubt comes from him being englands best lino (!) so you'd accept what he has to say

The club HAVE appealed the decision for what it's worth, and rightly so.
Good. I was really worried they wouldn't.

I know exactly what you mean, you wouldnt put it past the club to sit back and take something like this on the chin.

It will be a hard one to win, though. The video replay shows there was an entanglement, the linesman said he saw a stamp, the TV doesn't prevent any conclusive evidence of what happened and certainly doesn't show clearly there WASN'T a stamp.

Pity the ref didn't spot Olsson trying to punch Herd in the face a few minutes earlier - did anyone else see that? - then the Baggy would have gone off instead.

It will be a hard one to win, though. The video replay shows there was an entanglement, the linesman said he saw a stamp, the TV doesn't prevent any conclusive evidence of what happened and certainly doesn't show clearly there WASN'T a stamp.

Pity the ref didn't spot Olsson trying to punch Herd in the face a few minutes earlier - did anyone else see that? - then the Baggy would have gone off instead.

I think the replays are pretty conclusive. The replays along with Olsson's lack of a reaction and the fact that the linesman couldn't have had a good view of it pretty much prove that there was no stamp and that this ban shouldn't be upheld.

No, I think you'll find there needs to be clear evidence that the ref made an obvious mistake. As I say, there is clearly an entanglement so it's down to the linesman's perception of what happened and whether the video evidence shows clearly that he was wrong.

No, I think you'll find there needs to be clear evidence that the ref made an obvious mistake. As I say, there is clearly an entanglement so it's down to the linesman's perception of what happened and whether the video evidence shows clearly that he was wrong.
There is pretty clear evidence.

Wasn't having a pop at your post Briny, my comment was aimed just as much at the original decision as the subsequent appeal. If in doubt, you simply don't go sending players off like that.

There's a lack of evidence to support the claim that I started WWII, but that doesnt make me guilty.

Certainly, no.

But the Nazi paraphernalia and constant demands to be referred to as "Schutzstaffel Shillzz" don't help.

Â