Chris Herd

ChrisNichollsToe

Very assured for only his second Prem game. Right back is an area we have loads of options - Herd, Lihaj, Cuellar, Beye and he looks to have jumped to the front of the queue for a while. He might have cost us the game, though, with that jump at the end, that could have been given as a pen. Plenty to learn, still.

Central mid.

The commentators yesterday were saying too that he looks like a natural left footer but was very comfortable on the right. I'm sure though that he is a right footer. Given time he could possibly play left back as well.

Thought he did OK in the end but I wouldn't like to see him at right back regularly. In the first half in particular, quite often he wasn't holding the line properly - the back 4 was too often the back 3 and Herd was wandering off into midfield.

On the other hand, the fact that he saw Jarvis off must count in his favour. I think he has a role in the squad this season.

For a midfielder he did quite well.

I thought he had a better second half than first, but that was a good indication of him growing in performance as the game progressed, like to see that.

Whenever I've watched Herd for the reserves his willingness to play in any position has been a real plus, but it could also be his undoing if he's used to fill gaps in the team. Imo his best position is center midfield, and his secret weapon is his salmon like leap in the box. He could be another Tim Cahill if he's given the chance.

Whenever I've watched Herd for the reserves his willingness to play in any position has been a real plus, but it could also be his undoing if he's used to fill gaps in the team. Imo his best position is center midfield, and his secret weapon is his salmon like leap in the box. He could be another Tim Cahill if he's given the chance.

The lad has a great attitude which never hurts and I certainly agree that he could be best utilised in the middle of the park. And his aerial ability does seem to be a strong suit...thinking it will not be much longer before he gets himself some headed goals, came so close last season on a few occasions.

I would love to see him get a run out in CM. He has bags of energy, good height and can pick a pass from what I have seen.

------------ Herd -----------

----------------- Delph -----

---- Ireland ----------------

Could be interesting?

I would love to see him get a run out in CM. He has bags of energy, good height and can pick a pass from what I have seen.

Could be interesting?

Yep, maybe. I think Herd could find his niche this season as the guy to bring on for Petrov after 60 mins to inject some energy into midfield.

Could be interesting?

Yep, maybe. I think Herd could find his niche this season as the guy to bring on for Petrov after 60 mins to inject some energy into midfield.

Plus his aerial ability is what we were missing too long (in midfield). He seems not to be the tallest one, but has a high jump probably.

• 1 month later...
Â