Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

21 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

He's been waiting for this opportunity for a long time with injuries, loans etc...

I wouldn't blame him if he was a bit nervous and let it affect him a little. Hoping to see him settle down and play the football I know he can play.

I was thinking that 

He seemed too eager to make things happen. I'd like to see him next to tshibola, someone who has a bit more physicality next to him. 

It was only one first season game (which are always a little strange) against one of the best teams in the league so I am willing to cut him some slack. . Need to be much better next 2 games though. Same level will see him replaced I think. 

I don't think we should write him off completely after a single game but he was highly anonymous in the match and positionally never seemed to be where I'd have expected him to be on the pitch when we had the ball.

hopefully he can turn it round but we defo need options in there

8 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Not writing him off after 1 game, but he has also previously been given opportunities and not taken them. It is a shame as he did show early promise in the youth ranks, but I think he must be running out of chances.

But not recently. Until the weekend his most recent appearances (two of them) were in the 2012/13 season. He's spent the time since on loan, to generally positive reviews. His start at the weekend was his first for Villa in years, in an unsettled team, playing against who many expect to be one of the top teams in the league. I think he deserves more of a chance than that one game.

51 minutes ago, choffer said:

But not recently. Until the weekend his most recent appearances (two of them) were in the 2012/13 season. He's spent the time since on loan, to generally positive reviews. His start at the weekend was his first for Villa in years, in an unsettled team, playing against who many expect to be one of the top teams in the league. I think he deserves more of a chance than that one game.

Absolutely. I am just saying that he may not get many more chances.

Absolute horse shit. One of the worst I've ever seen a villa shirt. We're against Luton and he can't have an effect but I'm sure ppl will be willing to give him more time based on what I can only imagine is pure fantasy of what player he might have been 5/6 years ago. 

Spoke to amother couple or forest fans other day. Said he was good the first time round. Absolute horse shit second time round.

I've never seen him do anything. 

Il sum it up by requesting westwood to come on.

Â