Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

11 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

We need to be more ruthless. There is too much of ``give him a few more games'' and ``he will come good''.

Gardner and Westwood have had ample time and chances - neither is up to it.

I think this (" tough and mean" not to be confused with nasty ,but decisive) approach needs to be employed throughout the club, to change the culture.

Its not a case of picking on certain players its about setting standards for them to reach.

Ron Saunders would just ignore players, if they didn't do it for him ( different times I know) I remember Bobby McDonald telling me and calling  Andy Gray over to verify it.

He said to me he doesn't speak to me.... does he Andy?.....Andy replied No. I said why Bob, He said I guess he don't fancy me as a player. 

Ron Was fixed in his mind what he wanted and nothing less.

Edited by TRO

From what I've read he had some very good games, was in the team of the week etc a few times and obviously scored a few nice goals. He also had some very average to poor games along the lines of yesterday I'd imagine. 

Edited by villaglint

Shared sentiment here, squad member yes, but not a starter until he shows he's worthy. But we certainly need more fire in midfield than Gardner and Westwood (and Bacuna) - I am sure its on RDM's agenda but we will get walked through again, and create little if this is not resolved soon. One area from Last season which has not been corrected yet.

6 hours ago, Woodytom said:

No. Complete myth.

First spell they loved him. I am not sure whether he was really good or they just had a lot of shit before him to be honest. I know we have had shit but failing to mount a genuine promotion push for the best part of a decade is a different kind of shit.

He played well for forest in parts. That's it basically. He was good at times, poor at others. Certainly not the star. Given that they are a pretty woeful side, it really isn't anything to shout about. It certainly shouldn't be reason to support belief that he should be in a side that should be challenging for the title.

7 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

We need to be more ruthless. There is too much of ``give him a few more games'' and ``he will come good''.

Gardner and Westwood have had ample time and chances - neither is up to it.

I wouldn't say Gardner has had ample chances. He's barely played for us. I'm willing to give him a bit more time but there is no way he and Westwood should start together. Too powder puff. 

1 hour ago, useless said:

Forest fans were absolutely devastated when we got relegated, because they knew it diminished their chances of signing Gardner.

Some villa fans thought westwood would replace Carrick at manure. They were full of shit too ;)

28 minutes ago, useless said:

Gardner playing well for Forest actually happened. Westwood replacing Carrick was speculation.

My point was that fans are quick to overate players.... based on very little. There's a big difference between playing well for forest (which he did) and the justification of forest fans being gutted when we got relegated. 

There is no doubt, that we should not be relying on somebody like gardner just because he's played well on occasions for forest. He really isn't at this level.

Â