Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

At least Craig used to put himself about a bit. Some nice horror tackles and the scarey eyes. Gary Gardner is a girl.

He pissed me off when he got subbed. He walked off slowly appaulding the fans. wtf??? I was screaming for him to jog on.

Then I couldn't believe were the guys on the bench Hi-fiving him when he went off. Like he was bossing it or something.

He should of been bossing it. He was up against Barry **** bannan and a couple of journey men.

Get rid of him he's not going to make it.

• Like 1

I must admit I thought he was horrible today.

His body language was all wrong aswell. So laboured and about 3 seconds behind the ball. A lot of balls out wide that were hit too hard. The problem is there is only Tishbola as competition for his place and I think RDM picked him because he played a lot for forest last year and is a bit more experienced. The reality is though that he isn't good enough. Couple that with Westwood being alongside him and we ain't gonna do shit. Watching them both in the first half was painful.Bola looked much more lively in his short cameo.

I'll let the performance of he and Westwood slide today. Playing a pretty flat 4-4-2, with a striker as a wide man, is never going to give the CMs any chance against a side who had 3/4 players in that area.

Thought he did really well against Boro who are a better side than Wednesday. We were awful 2nd half after he was taken off in that game.

Give him time guys..

• Like 3

i think he was probably more nervous than we can imagine. i'm inclined to cut him some slack because of it. silly for people to actually write him off after one game, especially this one.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Junxs said:

Thought he did really well against Boro who are a better side than Wednesday. We were awful 2nd half after he was taken off in that game.

Give him time guys..

We really wasn't. Gardner contributed nothing even towards our bright spell 2nd half. 

Willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for yesterdays performance.

I guess the pressure got to him a little bit - he's obviously eager to impress as this is probably his last chance to prove he's still got a career at the club he's grown up supporting.

Forest fans have been raving about him the last couple of seasons and wanted him back so there's obviously a decent player (at this level) in there, but we can't afford to keep giving him chances like yesterday, he needs to step up.

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I think his experience at this level will be useful, but I see him as a squad player and not as a regular. Yesterday's performance was a bad as it can get, he was a lackadaisical non-presence for the most part. 

The whole ethos of labeling a player as a squad play because you are unsure he is good enough for a regular first team place will have us in this division for years.

We must be decisive and ruthless in pursuit of success.....If in doubt, OUT.

We want players who should be in the first team, but can't get in because there are better players keeping them out.....We want players chomping at the bit to get a place and working their socks of in the stiffs to prove the manager wrong.....We are not a benevolent organisation or a re-habilitation centre .....We should be a hard nosed competitive outfit....I will stay short of saying a Wimbledon, because I don't condone bullying, but we could learn a few lessons

We have been this " Aunt Sally" for too long......and we need to toughen up.

This losing mentality will only change to a winning mentality, when the whole club changes its outlook and that includes us.

Edited by TRO

10 hours ago, maqroll said:

Silly for people to actually write him off after one game, especially this one.

Yes writing off a player after one game is silly. But this guy is 24 he's not done anything....ever. How long and how many chances do with give him? How long do you want to stay in the championship?

I think (hope) Di Matteo, by subbing him knows he's not going to make the grade.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dounavilla said:

It's clear he was awful today. The question is if he can be starting for us in an already weekend midfield?

was he really very good at Forest last season ?

No, he wasn't. Forest fans seem to think he was "perfectly fine" last season, but it was his first loan spell there where he was excellent. 

12 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Was very poor. Should play him against Luton and see if he can up his performance there. If not, he's not going to cut it this season. We can't be that that poor in the middle of the park again. 

This for me is his crunch game for his foreseeable (I.e. Next 4-6 months) future, if he is poor again then he will struggle to feature regularly imo, play well and he has more of a chance to keep playing in the more important league games. He has to play well against Luton to calm his nerves and the fears of others following yesterday's game. We have to hit the ground running in this league, waiting for players to get up to speed will cost us in the long run and even though it was only our first game, yesterday was frustrating. Yes there were positives to take, but it's 3 points from our promotion push lost. 

Gary needs this game to go well.

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 1

Â