Brad Guzan

R.Bear

2 hours ago, Pilchard said:

As opposed to being a number two here, on less money.

Exactly. Like has been said above Valdes hasn't played properly for a while (except when he went on loan - can't recall who to and how he did) but means that Guzan can get back to focusing on building his confidence back. He will have opportunities with Middlesborough even if it just the cups but he will get more money than he will here if he stayed. It's good for Guzan, it's good for us. It just makes sense. 

Besides with Gollini, Steer and Bunn I think, certainly for this season we are set for Goalkeepers. Bunn/Steer from what seen/read are more than capable back ups this season but if 1 wanted to move on think we could have the youth keeper there instead as 3rd choice. Definitely no need for Guzan to sit and waste away his last year on a "just in case basis". Better to get him off the books instead. 

Certainly not the worse player and he has played well for Villa at times, but needs to go and hope he does well in the future.  

• Like 1

Could be a good tactic to give the sheisters a chance to move on easier without a transfer fee and take a wage that is better than CH 50% off wages at Villa.

If we could offload Gabby, Bacuna, Lescott, Sinclair for £0 I'd be over the moon.

Get rid

wages off payroll

Cancer cut out

Fresh start

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

Could be a good tactic to give the sheisters a chance to move on easier without a transfer fee and take a wage that is better than CH 50% off wages at Villa.

If we could offload Gabby, Bacuna, Lescott, Sinclair for £0 I'd be over the moon.

Get rid

wages off payroll

Cancer cut out

Fresh start

Well, it is a tactic the club are aware of and have already employed with Guzan. They are probably at this stage hoping they can get fees for other players before attempting this tactic with them. Some posters have said that we should have been able to get something for Guzan, so not everyone is happy with this method.

5 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

Well, it is a tactic the club are aware of and have already employed with Guzan. They are probably at this stage hoping they can get fees for other players before attempting this tactic with them. Some posters have said that we should have been able to get something for Guzan, so not everyone is happy with this method.

Happy? I used to dream of happy

sorry no

F*** em

get rid

start afresh

• Like 1

surely villa could of asked for a small fee, after all, every player, no matter how shite, have a value, again why do villa give away our players, ok, on this occassion its in everyones interest, more so villa, but still, everything has a price when somebody wants it.

this aside, as some have already said, its time for a fresh start, hes been loyal, but hes also been shite at times.

1 hour ago, AndyBM said:

surely villa could of asked for a small fee, after all, every player, no matter how shite, have a value, again why do villa give away our players, ok, on this occassion its in everyones interest, more so villa, but still, everything has a price when somebody wants it.

this aside, as some have already said, its time for a fresh start, hes been loyal, but hes also been shite at times.

If someone was willing to pay the fee they would have.

I am just glad he is off the wage bill.

22 hours ago, Rodders said:

Good luck to him.  Only crime was dropping in competence, never understood the hate he received, was a very good keeper for us for 2 years at least. In my opinion anyway. Good for him to go, but hope he does well and enjoys a fresh environment.

I thought he was on his way up to Boro? ;)

• Like 1

22 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

If someone was willing to pay the fee they would have.

I am just glad he is off the wage bill.

if its true that middlesvilla want him, then they wont mind paying for his services surely

Â