Brad Guzan

R.Bear

I have no idea what the new Goal keeper is like....but the other 3 I'm not impressed with....not imposing or commanding enough for me.

Quite frankly, I have not been impressed with our business in the transfer market for years

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Hornso said:

He probably could. All he would have to do is throw chewing gum at it.

Knowing his throwing ability, he'd miss and hit a bodybuilder.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

I'm told Guzan to Boro was concluded last night, presume it will be announced today at some point.

I don't believe its the free that was being reported.

They paid for him? Ha Ha what fools.

10 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Guzan is like the shit that won't flush.

Ah yes... the dreaded floater.

But more like one when you're visiting someone's house. Pure desperation to get rid. Frantically pressing the lever or cursing at the modern split button flushers (What the f*#@ are they about?).

And then.............. (Insert outcome here).

18 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Think some are being a little harsh, Guzan was a good keeper for us for a few seasons, the last 18 months tarnished what would've been a solid villa career. 

He had one good season. The rest he was either average or extremely shit. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

He had one good season. The rest he was either average or extremely shit. 

Average yes, I'd put him alongside Sorenson, Oakes, Carson onthe average keeper lot

extremely shit, he really wasn't, over exposed by a shambles of a defence time and time again doesn't make him a bad keeper.

http://www.footballinsider247.com/aston-villa-flop-guzan-agrees-two-year-deal-with-middlesbrough-report/

Two-year deal clinched after Aston Villa talks – report

27th July, 2016, 7:22 PM

By Alex Taylor

Brad Guzan is close to leaving Aston Villa after agreeing a two-year deal with Middlesbrough, according to a report.

The Guardian claim that Guzan is no longer wanted by Villa and is expected to join Boro on a free transfer even though his contract with the Midlands contract runs for another year.

It is said that the USA international is due to sign a contract this summer that will keep him at the Riverside until 2018.

The 31-year-old will face stiff competition as former Barcelona ace Victor Valdes and Dimi Konstantopoulos have already joined Aitor Karanka’s side in the current transfer window.

Villa have sanctioned the exit of Guzan after his form slipped alarmingly over the last 24 months and they conceded 76 goals last season in their relegation from the Premier League.

Continuous mistakes, poor distribution and a lack of confidence has led to the American’s downfall, despite being named the club’s player of the year for the 2012-13 season.

Villa owner Tony Xia informed supporters on his personal Twitter account that up to four players will depart the Championship club this week as manager Roberto Di Matteo trims his oversized squad.

The news of Guzan’s imminent exit will please supporters as they can now look to support their young shot-stopper Gollini in his first season with the club.

Â