Brad Guzan

R.Bear

Good luck to him.

If he can banish the loss of confidence he experienced here he could be a success there. He's better than the past 12 months have made him look.

In reality he'll probably be second choice there for the near future.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

On 27/07/2016 at 10:08, TrentVilla said:

I'm told Guzan to Boro was concluded last night, presume it will be announced today at some point.

I don't believe its the free that was being reported.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

A nice guy, a good move for all parties. As said plenty of times before his confidence was shot, and became a liability. There is a half decent keeper there, and it's not for a lack of effort. I shall clap him if we come across him in the future.

Saturday afternoon too soon?

1 minute ago, Hoof hearted said:

Imagine the grief he'd get though! Please let this happen, if there's a footballing God it will!!:ph34r:

Did you see that video yesterday of that keeper (think it was MLS) go to throw the ball out and somehow ended up tossing it behind himself into an empty net? If he'd do that I'd just love him forever.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Even in his good year or two, I always felt that he wasn't vocal enough which led to the players in front of him lacking confidence in him. Goalies should be constantly shouting at their defence, I never heard Guzan do this. In the 6-4 Blackburn cup game, Ashley Young sprinted the length of the pitch to have a go at Guzan for not communicating, but he never seemed to learn.

He was a guy who sat on the bench for 5 of his 8 years at the club. I can understand him having some confidence issues in regards to shouting at his defense. Imagine a sub/reserve coming on and telling everyone what to do. The example you list was when Guzan was firmly our #2 keeper as well. Doesn't surprise me that he would be hesitant to yell at his defenders even though that is what keepers have to do at times. 

1 minute ago, Czechlad said:

He was a guy who sat on the bench for 5 of his 8 years at the club. I can understand him having some confidence issues in regards to shouting at his defense. Imagine a sub/reserve coming on and telling everyone what to do. The example you list was when Guzan was firmly our #2 keeper as well. Doesn't surprise me that he would be hesitant to yell at his defenders even though that is what keepers have to do at times. 

Ideally that's what keepers do whenever we're defending.

2 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Then he can't do his job properly. Which was entirely the point. 

• Like 3

Guzan was a decent keeper but we all know his confidence is shot at Villa so I think it's best for all that he moves on. I don't know if he'll ever get his mojo back at another club but I really don't think he'll get it back at Villa.

On 7/27/2016 at 19:55, Jimzk5 said:

Average yes, I'd put him alongside Sorenson, Oakes, Carson onthe average keeper lot

extremely shit, he really wasn't, over exposed by a shambles of a defence time and time again doesn't make him a bad keeper.

Carson was much worse than Guzan.

Just look at the defence he had infront of him....Mellberg- Laursen-Knight-Bouma. He conceded 50 + goals in a team that finished 6th.

That's not to say Guzan's standards dropped with the team but last season was a car crash for everyone.

Â