Brad Guzan

R.Bear

30 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Average yes, I'd put him alongside Sorenson, Oakes, Carson onthe average keeper lot

extremely shit, he really wasn't, over exposed by a shambles of a defence time and time again doesn't make him a bad keeper.

I think last season and towards the end of the previous season he was nothing short of shambolic. 

32 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I think last season and towards the end of the previous season he was nothing short of shambolic. 

I'd wager if you watched all the goals conceded last season if we had Buffon in goal it would've had the same outcome.

we have been unbelievably shit for years, I just don't think Guzan deserves most of the critisism he is getting

• Like 2

Just now, Jimzk5 said:

I'd wager if you watched all the goals conceded last season if we had Buffon in goal it would've had the same outcome.

we have been unbelievably shit for years, I just don't think Guzan deserves most of the critisism he is getting

I disagree. Whenever he played he never looked like he'd save much and that has to effect the rest of the team, who were equally as bad. He was very poor and deserves to be shown the door. He's not the only reason but he's a big part of our downfall. Also reports were that he was a bit of a word removed with Richards and others last year. Deserves everything he gets. 

• Like 2

I think he's a better keeper than he's showed the last couple of years but his confidence with us was shattered. Best for everyone that he moved on and I wish him luck.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

I dont think Buffon would get beat in the air by a midget or go for random crosses vs Swansea which he missed completely ;)

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I was always a fan but couldn't agree more. Something happened to his confidence and decision making. Became a bit of a vampire keeper.

• Like 1

I'm sad to see it ending this way with Brad, even though I have been a fairly vocal critic. His saves (combined with Benteke's goals) in Lambert's first season kept us up. Maybe he played out of his skin that season, but he never pushed on from there, and frankly started to go backwards. His first team status was never seriously challenged and I think that led him to become complacent. But the end of it was that screw-up with Aguero; he was never the same after that.

I believe he's still a good keeper if he can find his confidence again, but I don't think he'd find it with us. A change of scenery suits all parties.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, heid3ster said:

I'm sad to see it ending this way with Brad, even though I have been a fairly vocal critic. His saves (combined with Benteke's goals) in Lambert's first season kept us up. Maybe he played out of his skin that season, but he never pushed on from there, and frankly started to go backwards. His first team status was never seriously challenged and I think that led him to become complacent. But the end of it was that screw-up with Aguero; he was never the same after that.

I believe he's still a good keeper if he can find his confidence again, but I don't think he'd find it with us. A change of scenery suits all parties.

The Aguero mistake was tragic. The Leicester balls up last season when he let Nathan Dyer score a header from edge of the box (give or take a yard), almost had me throwing my pint at pub tv screen. 

One of many who needs a fresh start. So he had my kudos and respect for taking the chance. If only the ones who REALLY need a new scene took the hint too.

*Cough cough Gabby*.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimzk5 said:

I think you are spot on, that is why Guzan is off to be a bench warmer at Boro, Buffon must be green with envy. ;)

• Like 2

Even in his good year or two, I always felt that he wasn't vocal enough which led to the players in front of him lacking confidence in him. Goalies should be constantly shouting at their defence, I never heard Guzan do this. In the 6-4 Blackburn cup game, Ashley Young sprinted the length of the pitch to have a go at Guzan for not communicating, but he never seemed to learn.

1 minute ago, mikeyp102 said:

Even in his good year or two, I always felt that he wasn't vocal enough which led to the players in front of him lacking confidence in him. Goalies should be constantly shouting at their defence, I never heard Guzan do this. In the 6-4 Blackburn cup game, Ashley Young sprinted the length of the pitch to have a go at Guzan for not communicating, but he never seemed to learn.

Absolutely spot on.

2 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I get that it is only pre-season but Gollini doesn't seem to shut up in that goal in a good way. He's constantly communicating and telling players where to be and where to go, it's likely why he got the captains armband yesterday. Yet while I know the quality of competition hasn't been great I think he has only conceded 1 goal all pre-season and it was a wonder strike that he was helpless to stop, but Gollini has largely kept clean-sheets this pre-season and it's likely because he communicates a lot so the defenders know what is going on. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Daweii said:

I get that it is only pre-season but Gollini doesn't seem to shut up in that goal in a good way. He's constantly communicating and telling players where to be and where to go, it's likely why he got the captains armband yesterday. Yet while I know the quality of competition hasn't been great I think he has only conceded 1 goal all pre-season and it was a wonder strike that he was helpless to stop, but Gollini has largely kept clean-sheets this pre-season and it's likely because he communicates a lot so the defenders know what is going on. 

That is great news! I haven't been to any pre-season games (going to the next one) but I was hoping he was a vocal keeper. Definitely something we've lacked!

Who's the worst diver in the Premier league? 

Brad Guzan.

One of the many jokes made at his expense last year, better off out of it imho. Gollini has looked tidy so far and I don't think Guzan is even 3rd choice now.

Thanks for your efforts Brad, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

I know this isn't a Middlesbrough board but does anyone know why they've signed a fourth goalkeeper? Not only that, they've made three signings now and two of them have been GKs "fit for the first team", shouldn't they be looking at the rest of their team? :lol:

EDIT: They've signed way more than that but still. Two major GK signings.

Edited by JPAngel
  • Like 1

Â