Brad Guzan

R.Bear

On 17. Juni 2016 at 13:53, sne said:

Defense starts with the forwards and attacks start from the goalkeeper.

Guzan's distribution is woeful which is especially damaging as we lack a playmaker or someone who we look to build our attacks from.

Him giving the ball away more than 50% of the times with his misplaced kicks is a big part in us never being able to have continued possession or build attacks. 

And then there is his lack of command of his area, the howlers, the general insecurity he spreads to the defense and so on and so on...

Desperately hope he is not at the club when the next season kicks off.

You've just listed the description of a really shit GK

We need a fresh start and that means getting rid of the worst offenders from last season's disgracefully bad 'team'. My worst fear is that we'll start the season with, not far off, those that relegated us. 

Guzan, your time is up. Please go. 

This is the best time for someone to buy him, he's just had a reasonably good tournament. Surely an MLS team will come in for him. Surely. Hopefully. Desperately. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

We need a fresh start and that means getting rid of the worst offenders from last season's disgracefully bad 'team'. My worst fear is that we'll start the season with, not far off, those that relegated us. 

Guzan, your time is up. Please go. 

This is the best time for someone to buy him, he's just had a reasonably good tournament. Surely an MLS team will come in for him. Surely. Hopefully. Desperately. 

Well this will be about the 5th transfer window in a row we have tried to replace. Surely he knows he is not wanted.

I would have thought his agent would have been working OT to get him a move to the MLS...but not even a sniff if a rumour is worrying.

11 hours ago, Zatman said:

sure we even released him at one stage and brought him back. maybe he likes the psychological torture of not been wanted :P

We did at the end of 2011/2012 before Lambert came in but Lambert brought him back after watching Given at the 2012 euros

Was hoping Middlesbrough might be stupid enough to sign Guzan but apparently they're close to signing Valdes.

Need to find some other team who weren't paying attention for the last 2 seasons!

2 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

This is probably due to only just getting back from Copa America I'd imagine?

Probably, but hush! We're looking for excuses to say he's unwanted here! ;)

Well I'd still expect him to leave the club.

He's number two at least now and Steer had a solid season playing week in week out at Huddersfield so I'd say now he's a capable duty for Gollini.

Have one of the youths as number three.

58 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Needs to be well rested after the Copa... If he plays his cards right he will have a good 5 years bench warming as a No.2.

Plenty of chewing gum spitting games to prepare for then

• 2 weeks later...
Â