Brad Guzan

R.Bear

That Lavezzi goal reminded me of a goal we conceded against Portsmouth at VP during O'Neil's tenure.  A long punt upfield was flicked on to Muntari (i think it was him), and Scott Carson went flying off his line only to stop dead about 15 yards out, he was duly lobbed. Terrible keeping. 

Edited by av1

On 22 June 2016 at 15:31, TrentVilla said:

Still reading then?

Yes every match, if Hart started making errors every match then you might be able to make comparisons to Guzan who has made a large number over the last 12-18 months. That isn't me saying Guzan does it every match though, mind it does seem that way lately.

:detect:

26 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I'd like you name all 12 absolute clangers Guzan has made this season, please.

Are you still trying to compare Hart and Guzan..... not being mean but its a tad bit silly to do that.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bobzy said:

getting beat by a midget for a header counts for at least 5 clangers 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, bobzy said:

If you do?  No, he'll be as shit as you say he is.

Bit confused by this. You started out complaining that all his errors get highlighted and discussed in here and now you seem to be saying he hasn't made many.

5 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Bit confused by this. You started out complaining that all his errors get highlighted and discussed in here and now you seem to be saying he hasn't made many.

I think he hasn't made as many as people seem to make out.  i.e: every single one is highlighted and held as a view that he is now a shit goalkeeper.  However, plenty of other goalkeepers make plenty of similar (and, to be honest, often worse) mistakes yet are held in high regard.

To clarify my position on the matter, Guzan has had a poor season - likely not helped by having a poor defence in front of him - but isn't as bad as people make out.  He's the definition of average, rather than "shit".

Edit:  Ideally, I'd like to see him replaced still, mainly because I can't imagine he has much confidence playing at Villa Park.

Edited by bobzy
  • Like 1

The fans at VP are not responsible for the errors or his general decline that goes back further than last season.

He was average PL keeper at his best but over the last two seasons he has fallen way below that standard.

He was one of the worst starting 11 keepers in the league last season if not the worst. 

But if you are right an he is an average keeper and the players in front of him and the fans behind him at VP are the issues I'm sure there will be PL clubs looking at him to be there number 1 next season. 

He is an average shot stopper and poor at distribution and poor on crosses with increasing question marks on his position on free kicks in my view.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

The fans at VP are not responsible for the errors or his general decline that goes back further than last season.

He was average PL keeper at his best but over the last two seasons he has fallen way below that standard.

He was one of the worst starting 11 keepers in the league last season if not the worst. 

But if you are right an he is an average keeper and the players in front of him and the fans behind him at VP are the issues I'm sure there will be PL clubs looking at him to be there number 1 next season. 

He is an average shot stopper and poor at distribution and poor on crosses with increasing question marks on his position on free kicks in my view.

He has a major problem with lack of confidence. I cannot recall seeing any keeper who looks as nervous as Guzan.

Just now, AntrimBlack said:

He has a major problem with lack of confidence. I cannot recall seeing any keeper who looks as nervous as Guzan.

Yes he does but our first team isn't the place to try and rebuild that if indeed he can.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bobzy said:

I will start with 3 horror shows off the top of my head that lead directly to goals;

Vs Crystal Palace - Throwing the ball out to Amavi who was under pressure. 

Vs Leicester City - Being beaten in the air by said midget

Vs Arsenal - Hoofing the ball AT Lescott

There's my contribution...

Â