Brad Guzan

R.Bear

gone to be 2nd choice keeper at boro...

not sure why there is an outpouring of "thanks" and "ignore our idiot fans" from some of the better fan brigade on twitter, he was a massive part in why we went down, he was a massive part of why our defence has been shit for years, having no confidence in your keeper has a massive impact on the decision making of the back 4 and they looked shakey enough as it is

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

not sure why there is an outpouring of "thanks" and "ignore our idiot fans" from some of the better fan brigade on twitter, he was a massive part in why we went down, he was a massive part of why our defence has been shit for years, having no confidence in your keeper has a massive impact on the decision making of the back 4 and they looked shakey enough as it is

"Better fan brigade" because they disagree with you?

lol

Wish Brad all the best tbf. Always looked like he cared when he played and he was good for the Lambert years. Shame about his decline, but good luck to him at Boro.

33 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

He has been awful the last 2 seasons and ultimately he had to go, from both his and Villa's point of view. His whole time with us hasn't been as bad as that though. Came onto the scene as a decent shit stopper but extremely shaky at crosses, he worked on this massively. When he was released and resigned it looked a master stroke, and it probably was for a short period he was excellent. Until the last couple of seasons he was keeping us in some games and helping us win much needed points as we struggled.

He lost his confidence and got worse and worse and our last few mangers had all lost confidence in him, he had to go. I suspect he may play fair bit for Boro if he gets a chance and takes advantage of a fresh start.

Only ever annoyed me once (in the FACup when he was on the bench). Other than that, he looked like he genuinely cared, which is all you can ask.
He isn't good enough to be a number 1 keeper in my opinion (which isn't his fault). I think a change will do both parties good.

So.....goodbye and good luck.

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I think all it takes to be a Villa fan favourite over the past year or two is to not be a completely unlikable word removed, regardless of ability.

Edited by Davkaus

something my boss said to me a few days ago whilst we was talking about the night shift controller whos handed in his resignation but wants to withdraw it

"sometimes people just need to move on"

I wonder if the touchline is closer to the dugout at the Riverside? He might break his PB. 

terrible keeper, good 18 months out of 8 years and hasnt won us a game in 3 years since Norwich away in late 2013 so no loss

my lasting memory of Guzan will always be 2C45A8E800000578-3232858-image-a-107_144

• Like 3

Has any 'keeper in Villa history played behind so many shocking defenders?

Good luck to Brad - even when he was on the bench he had a great attitude and seemed one of the few to actually give a f*ck

4 minutes ago, RunRickyRun said:

Has any 'keeper in Villa history played behind so many shocking defenders?

Good luck to Brad - even when he was on the bench he had a great attitude and seemed one of the few to actually give a f*ck

True, but he has demonstrably cost us a number of points over the past two seasons out of his own ineptitude. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

Â