Brad Guzan

R.Bear

3 hours ago, bobzy said:

Still not as bad as Joe Hart's mistake against Wales - and I'd happily have him at the club.

But let's please continue to comment on every single mistake Guzan makes.  It's really interesting to read about them all.

That's debatable but when Hart starts making them every match he plays then you may have a point.

As for the thread, talking about players and their performances is kind of the point of a thread about a player. Perhaps if he did something other than make rickets then people would talk about something else until that point people are free to talk about his errors as you are free not to read them doing so.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

That's debatable but when Hart starts making them every match he plays then you may have a point.

As for the thread, talking about players and their performances is kind of the point of a thread about a player. Perhaps if he did something other than make rickets then people would talk about something else until that point people are free to talk about his errors as you are free not to read them doing so.

EVERY MATCH.  Hilarious.

Just now, bobzy said:

EVERY MATCH.  Hilarious.

Still reading then?

Yes every match, if Hart started making errors every match then you might be able to make comparisons to Guzan who has made a large number over the last 12-18 months. That isn't me saying Guzan does it every match though, mind it does seem that way lately.

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

Still reading then?

Yes every match, if Hart started making errors every match then you might be able to make comparisons to Guzan who has made a large number over the last 12-18 months. That isn't me saying Guzan does it every match though, mind it does seem that way lately.

Of course.  Unfortunately, VT tells me that I've been "quoted" and so I read whatever that quote is.

The comparison between Joe Hart (much better keeper than Guzan) and Brad Guzan was simply that all goalkeepers make mistakes.  See also:  David De Gea vs. Croatia.

35 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Of course.  Unfortunately, VT tells me that I've been "quoted" and so I read whatever that quote is.

The comparison between Joe Hart (much better keeper than Guzan) and Brad Guzan was simply that all goalkeepers make mistakes.  See also:  David De Gea vs. Croatia.

You can turn that off I believe...

Er and yes I think everyone is aware all keepers make mistakes, the problem is Guzan makes more than most.

• Like 1

Every keeper will make the odd mistake yes. But the mistakes he makes are major clangers in fact it seems to be every time i watch him. you look at him he is all over the shop. looks nervous as hell. He is absolutely shot. He needs to get out the limelight and sort himself out. but not with us, we dont need passengers. it will only be a matter of time before he loses his spot in usa team, especially with howard back in the fold.

he Lavezzi goal is something I'd have been disappointed to concede, you can't come for a ball, stop, and let a short player lob you with a header from 6 yards out. He just doesn't have any kind of conviction in his play. Definitely needs replacing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

The Croatian winner took a nasty assed deflection. I'm a bit sad seeing De Gea and Guzan in the same sentence. He looked very ordinary last night and frankly a lot like Paddy Kenny... hit the gym Brad.

11 hours ago, bobzy said:

Still not as bad as Joe Hart's mistake against Wales - and I'd happily have him at the club.

But let's please continue to comment on every single mistake Guzan makes.  It's really interesting to read about them all.

It wouldn't be quite so boring and repetitive if there weren't so much material to discuss. 

• Like 2

I agree joe hart is an overrated GK but the man city back 4 have confidence in him and he has confidence in himself 

our back four and Guzan himself don't have that confidence, how often will an easy back pass go out for s throw in instead? How often are they thinking about the keeper rather than themselves? 

Saw it at arsenal for years, good defenders playing poorly and making bad decisions because they have no faith in the keeper

guzan isn't good enough to be number 1 and with 2 youngsters and a bloke on lower wages also at the club I don't see the point in keeping him around

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I agree joe hart is an overrated GK but the man city back 4 have confidence in him and he has confidence in himself 

our back four and Guzan himself don't have that confidence, how often will an easy back pass go out for s throw in instead? How often are they thinking about the keeper rather than themselves? 

Saw it at arsenal for years, good defenders playing poorly and making bad decisions because they have no faith in the keeper

guzan isn't good enough to be number 1 and with 2 youngsters and a bloke on lower wages also at the club I don't see the point in keeping him around

Top post. Excellently put. :thumb:

10 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

he Lavezzi goal is something I'd have been disappointed to concede, you can't come for a ball, stop, and let a short player lob you with a header from 6 yards out. He just doesn't have any kind of conviction in his play. Definitely needs replacing.

He's a maddening combination of very good and terrible, so I guess the mean is pretty mediocre. The lobbed goal was ridiculous. 

14 hours ago, matteyp said:

Watched the game with my American girlfriend and her comment was, "He's definitely average."

my missus saw that... laughed and said 'no wonder we were relegated' (she doesnt watch any matches.. although she came to VP with me when I went and loved it)

Â