Stephen Warnock

KSV

.... by all accounts hates the club... just what I've heard.

Well he gave his all today and was excellent. Very good last week and in pre season and has apparently been outstanding in training. If thats how he performs whilst hating the club then more of the same please.

Or could it be that he actually doesn't hate the club, is a good pro who up until last season had never been known to cause an ounce of trouble in a 10 year professional career under a number of mangers and what you have heard is bollocks......

...many things we ALL hear are bollocks....so I'm in good company.

still don't rate him and thought he was partially at fault for their goal.

Collins was shaky for me. poor passing and poor defending. Still, first game back and all that.

Was you even at the game? He was phenomenal! Both him and Dunne were excellent.

Their goal was just the whole team switching off for a second, Young shouldn't have allowed their player the amount of space he had to cross the ball and Warnock and Dunne should have tracked Gamst-Pedersen better.. And you could also argue the cross was close enough for Given to come out and get..

But, Collins was fantastic

Was a good goal by Blackburn. Not easy being a central defender when a midfielder pops up like that with pace and a perfectly timed run, and I'm speaking from experience as a CB :D (I tend to blame the midfielders for not picking him up, but it's not as easy as that either as they on their hand will see our defenders outnumbering Gamst Pedersen and thinking (hoping...) they'll manage.)

If anything the cross should never have been allowed in in the first place, but then again it was great play by Hoilett, both the build-up and the pinpoint cross.

Their goal was just the whole team switching off for a second, Young shouldn't have allowed their player the amount of space he had to cross the ball
'twas Albrighton, doing his usual defending thing where he's either so close it's a foul or so far away it's of no use. (I'd still start MA though fwiw)

Collins was shaky for me. poor passing and poor defending. Still, first game back and all that.

Was you even at the game? He was phenomenal! Both him and Dunne were excellent.

Their goal was just the whole team switching off for a second, Young shouldn't have allowed their player the amount of space he had to cross the ball and Warnock and Dunne should have tracked Gamst-Pedersen better.. And you could also argue the cross was close enough for Given to come out and get..

But, Collins was fantastic

I was at the game and I think that I can safely predict that none of the back four who started that game will be in the side that opens next season, or even maybe finishes this.

We were excellent up front, good in midfield, and dodgy as hell at the back.

A good job that we have a manager whose area of most expertise is defence!

Agree with TrentVilla, i think O'Neill over playing him and Houllier's attitude towards Warnock played a massive part in his decline last season. He clearly wants to be part of things this season and credit is due to both player and manager for this.

Loved his over-laps today and crosses into the box. He was a real threat with his strength and pace. Exciting times down the left flank this season. I just wished Herd would have got into the game today as much as the experienced Warnock did.

Really? Herd had three efforts on goal today. Was man of the match according to Sky?

Warnock, indeed our back 5 look solid enough. I'm not sure I like the three players in front of them though.

steaknchips, Herd put in at least 3 crosses into the box today? Two of them were excellent and gave their defence all sorts of trouble.
I was being sarky because Warnock(as an experienced LB) offered nowhere near what little Herd offered on the other flank..In other words our kids are performing "BETTER" than our has-beens.

steaknchips, Herd put in at least 3 crosses into the box today? Two of them were excellent and gave their defence all sorts of trouble.
I was being sarky because Warnock(as an experienced LB) offered nowhere near what little Herd offered on the other flank..In other words our kids are performing "BETTER" than our has-beens.

Sarcasm doesn't work on this site :lol:

Equally, the kids are NOT working better than our has been's. How many kids are there in the starting 11? The kids, other than Clark are not yet up to a full season in the Premier league, hence the reason AM wants to bring in some additional experience.

Sarcasm doesn't work on this site :lol:

Equally, the kids are NOT working better than our has been's. How many kids are there in the starting 11? The kids, other than Clark are not yet up to a full season in the Premier league, hence the reason AM wants to bring in some additional experience.

Steve the kids are not playing because McLeish wants to play it safe with experience. The kids, if let lose will attack and play with alot more creative punch and pace..Albrighton down the wings? Bannan in the centre? Clark going through for heads on goal? Makoun playing through balls to the attacking players? We have all seen it as Villa fans and know it can be done..

Apart from allowing the ball to bounce over his head up by the half way line late in to the game he had another solid game for us today. Good to see him back involved and showing the kind of form he is capable of. The defense as a whole has certainly improved since McLeish came in.

Â