Stephen Warnock

KSV

I think he's garbage. I'm usually not too harsh on players but I don't like Warnock at all. If he's staying, I'd be more than happy if he proved me wrong (and didn't look too bad for a while when he first joined, as is often pointed out) but I'd much prefer to see Clark play at LB than him.

Another player badly mistreated by that nasty school teacher Mr Houllier.

Get him back in the team.

He's a experienced, Premier League proven left-back.

Has also been capped at international level at England and even went to the World Cup which was only 12 months ago.

P.S. Glad to see we have spelt his name correctly for this thread :)

Since when does being dumping a player in the reserves for being absolutely shit amount to being mistreated? Sell him immediately. He was a total and utter liability when he played last season.

It was clearly a personal thing.

Houllier had it in for Warnock.

Gabby didn't score many goals last season.

Do you see him getting dumped into the reserves?

Richard Dunne wasn't exactly on top form last season?

If you think that Warnock was dumped into the reserves by Houllier because of his playing ability/form then you really are a fool.

Gabby was still useful and wasn't a liability last season like Warnock, hence why he was never put in the reserves. While I do feel Dunne should have been dropped on occasions, we had a lot of injury problems last season. Admittedly I think Dunne was played too much last season and I'd like to see him go also.

Yes, I do think Warnock was dumped in the reserves partly because of his playing ability but perhaps his alleged comments have something to do with it as well. Doesn't make me a fool though, as neither of us know for sure. However, it does seem rather odd that Houllier would wait a few months before dumping Warnock. Surely if he "had it in for him" as you say Warnock would have been in the reserves within weeks of Houllier's arrival? Funny how Warnock being consigned to the reserves coincided with his extremely poor form which helped to contribute to our poor results.

You do realise that Warnock is our only left-back.

We were playing the likes of Clark, Baker and even Fabian Delph at left-back ahead of Warnock.

Houllier was cutting off his nose to spite his face.

Everyone making out that Warnock is a crap player is going overboard because we can't dare question Mr Houllier.

Warnock is a good player.

Of course he is, but ideally McLeish will get rid of Warnock and get a decent left-back in. We were playing Clark, Baker and Delph ahead of Warnock last season because of just how much of a liability Warnock had become.

We can't dare question Houllier? Didn't I just say in my previous post that I don't think Dunne should have got the playing time that he did?

Warnock is a good player. Obviously he had serious problems last year, both with the management and inside his own head.

Tame those demons, you''ve got a good player.

Another player badly mistreated by that nasty school teacher Mr Houllier.

Get him back in the team.

He's a experienced, Premier League proven left-back.

Has also been capped at international level at England and even went to the World Cup which was only 12 months ago.

P.S. Glad to see we have spelt his name correctly for this thread :)

Since when does being dumping a player in the reserves for being absolutely shit amount to being mistreated? Sell him immediately. He was a total and utter liability when he played last season.

It was clearly a personal thing.

Houllier had it in for Warnock.

Gabby didn't score many goals last season.

Richard Dunne wasn't exactly on top form last season?

If you think that Warnock was dumped into the reserves by Houllier because of his playing ability/form then you really are a fool.

Gabby was still useful and wasn't a liability last season like Warnock, hence why he was never put in the reserves. While I do feel Dunne should have been dropped on occasions, we had a lot of injury problems last season. Admittedly I think Dunne was played too much last season and I'd like to see him go also.

Yes, I do think Warnock was dumped in the reserves partly because of his playing ability but perhaps his alleged comments have something to do with it as well. Doesn't make me a fool though, as neither of us know for sure. However, it does seem rather odd that Houllier would wait a few months before dumping Warnock. Surely if he "had it in for him" as you say Warnock would have been in the reserves within weeks of Houllier's arrival? Funny how Warnock being consigned to the reserves coincided with his extremely poor form which helped to contribute to our poor results.

You do realise that Warnock is our only left-back.

We were playing the likes of Clark, Baker and even Fabian Delph at left-back ahead of Warnock.

Houllier was cutting off his nose to spite his face.

Everyone making out that Warnock is a crap player is going overboard because we can't dare question Mr Houllier.

Warnock is a good player.

Of course he is, but ideally McLeish will get rid of Warnock and get a decent left-back in. We were playing Clark, Baker and Delph ahead of Warnock last season because of just how much of a liability Warnock had become.

We can't dare question Houllier? Didn't I just say in my previous post that I don't think Dunne should have got the playing time that he did?

No.

We were playing Clark, Baker and Delph ahead of Warnock last season because of just how much Mr Houllier disliked Warnock.

No.

We were playing Clark, Baker and Delph ahead of Warnock last season because of just how much Mr Houllier disliked Warnock.

Yet Warnock was continually playing for the first few months of Houllier's reign. Kind of strange that he would just suddenly drop him if he disliked him the whole time.

Im in two minds here. He is the best LB we have so there is the obvious temptation to play him on the other hand he was out of line last year and completely disrespectful to the club and us the fans. Baker isn't a LB and is to young to be first 11, same with Clark so we unless we buy a new LB im afraid he is our only option which makes the decision for us.

He will / must play.

No.

Yet Warnock was continually playing for the first few months of Houllier's reign. Kind of strange that he would just suddenly drop him if he disliked him the whole time.
Not reallly. If you want to destroy an employee an often used tact is to try to give themselves the rope to hang themselves with. Warnock's performances got more random by the week. Obviously one message or other wasn't getting through.

No.

Not reallly. If you want to destroy an employee an often used tact is to try to give themselves the rope to hang themselves with. Warnock's performances got more random by the week. Obviously one message or other wasn't getting through.
Random in that the amount of goal-scoring opportunities he gifted the opposition could range from as low (for him at least) as 5 to as high as 15? :lol:

got to be given another chance. his form in his first 6 months warrant that alone. Some of the performances by others at left back were dreadful. GH clearly took issue with Warnock. Dunne was dropped for his form and given more chances. Id love to see Hutton and Warnock recover their top form at our club.

I hope that we don't give Warnock another chance. He was good when he first joined but he became a liability towards the end of his first season and whenever he played last season IMO. I would call what was going to happen whenever the ball was going to be defended by him and more often than not i was right!

I would much prefer to see us buy a new LB than have to watch Warnock again.

I hope that we don't give Warnock another chance. He was good when he first joined but he became a liability towards the end of his first season and whenever he played last season IMO. I would call what was going to happen whenever the ball was going to be defended by him and more often than not i was right!

He is not good enough so we need to get in a LB I really don't want Warnock in or around the squad, we should be offering him to anyone that'll listen.

He is not good enough so we need to get in a LB I really don't want Warnock in or around the squad, we should be offering him to anyone that'll listen.

I have to agree with these statements. Putting all the rubbish of last season aside I just don't think he is up to the job of a Premiership LB.

I think that the point of the question has been lost here, which is considering Warnocks alleged behaviour, should we give him another chance at Villa or get rid of him. Whether, given another chance, he is good enough or not is not the question (though the length of the thread and divided opinion suggests that it is a pertinent one).

My answer, therefore, is that every player deserves a second chance, and if the rumours are true it is out of character. He should therefore be given another chance to prove himself at Villa. If he isn't good enough, well that is a different matter. We really need two left backs and for me, Warnock should be one of them. He is experienced and, by all accounts, a very good professional. Good to have at the club and in the squad at least.

MonsXI wrote:

villarocker wrote:

I have to agree with these statements. Putting all the rubbish of last season aside I just don't think he is up to the job of a Premiership LB.

^^

This!

Wasn't good enough, got found out and threw his dummy out!!

Only got in the England side when Bridge and Baines didn't want it and there was no one else!

Back to the form he showed for Blackburn over a number of years and the form he showed for us during his first 6 months or so here, form that got him in to the England World Cup Squad, then he is obviously good enough for us.

As for his character I wouldn't worry about that. Prior to working under Houllier in the 10 years previous ( time as a pro ) he had never been an ounce of trouble as far as I 'm aware. His attitude after being banished to train with the kids/play for the reserves was also exemplary apparently

Agree though i'd even go as far saying he wasn't even good when he joined.. he was poor.. now he is woeful.

Teams targetted the left side when they attacked, they knew Warnock was/is awful.

Back to the form he showed for Blackburn over a number of years and the form he showed for us during his first 6 months or so here, form that got him in to the England World Cup Squad, then he is obviously good enough for us.

As for his character I wouldn't worry about that. Prior to working under Houllier in the 10 years previous ( time as a pro ) he had never been an ounce of trouble as far as I 'm aware. His attitude after being banished to train with the kids/play for the reserves was also exemplary apparently

Right on. Clean slate for everyone, no exceptions. It would take a lot to change my opinion of Warnock, more so than Ireland for example, but I do recall the times he did do a good job for us. I'd hope he gets his head down and puts in a shift in the early season, as I too believe he can be good enough.

As with so much Villa at the moment, only time will tell

form that got him in to the England World Cup Squad

I hate this phrase. He got in World Cup squad by default. Baines was homesick and Bridge had his personal problems and only other left backs available were Shorey and Konchesky who Warnock is just better than

He got in the World Cup squad because he was arguably the 2nd best English left-back at the time.

At worst, he was the 3rd best English left-back at the time (behind Cole and Baines.)

He was way better than Bridge.

Â