Stephen Warnock

KSV

For me he played OK on Saturday and looked solid enough against Duff. It will be interesting to see how he fairs against the likes of Nani.

At least he had a better game than Young who looked completely disinterested IMO!

For me Young also played pretty well.

Yes your probably right and he was probably pissed off because every time he made runs past the left back Stan decided to pass the ball backwards to Collins rather than forwards. No changes there then??

RBD was the guy who looked shakey!

I thought Dunny was back to his last ditch heights of '09-'10 season, he plays best in shaky mode (and probably needed a drink)?

He was immense today. Had to switch to right back when Luke Young when off and he did very well there as well.

He has done extremely well in the first couple of games and also in pre season. Good to see the the lad back to his best and McLeish has certainly helped. Same can be said for the likes of Dunne and Collins who have also been excellent.

Great performance today, shows how badly Houllier managed him that he couldn't even make the squad last season. Interesting to see him having a special warm up with one of the coaches before the game, his injuries led to a massive drop inform before that he didn't recover from.

He was never a bad player. The problems started under O'Neill who over played him due to the weakness in that area of our squad.

Despite his drop in form towards the end of O'Neill's last season he was still selected by Capello for the WC squad ahead of the excellent Leighton Baines.

This though added to Warnock's problems as he spent the summer travelling and training although ultimately not playing in South Africa. He returned and was thrown into action in my option short of form and fitness while carrying an injury and his form dropped alarmingly closely followed by his confidence.

Soon he was making rash tackles and silly mistakes, he needed dropping. He needed a rest, he needed an arm around the shoulder and he needed to regain his fitness and in turn his form and then his confidence.

Instead what he got was the cold shoulder by the awkward Frenchman and treated like a pariah, then he may or may not have said things he shouldn't and the rest is history. He was leaving then he wasn't leaving and then he was left to rot in the reserves.

One of Houllier's major failings in his short time here (its remarkable there are so many to pick from) was his abject failure to get players on side and/or the best out of them. He seemed eager to take people on almost for the sake of taking them on and proving something to everyone in the process, it proved I believe to be a very large part of his undoing.

Warnock never was a terrible player even if in reality he was never an £8m player, for that blame O'Neill. For the rest O'Neill, Houllier and Warnock all share elements of the blame.

It seems though he is fit, focussed, confident and on form again and that is the credit of McLeish and in no small part the player himself and the attitude he has shown this summer. The later only goes to prove to me that it was never the players attitude that was the problem but more his relationship with our former manager and the way he was managed by him and his predecessor.

All in my opinion obviously.

He was never a bad player. The problems started under O'Neill who over played him due to the weakness in that area of our squad.

Despite his drop in form towards the end of O'Neill's last season he was still selected by Capello for the WC squad ahead of the excellent Leighton Baines.

This though added to Warnock's problems as he spent the summer travelling and training although ultimately not playing in South Africa. He returned and was thrown into action in my option short of form and fitness while carrying an injury and his form dropped alarmingly closely followed by his confidence.

Soon he was making rash tackles and silly mistakes, he needed dropping. He needed a rest, he needed an arm around the shoulder and he needed to regain his fitness and in turn his form and then his confidence.

Instead what he got was the cold shoulder by the awkward Frenchman and treated like a pariah, then he may or may not have said things he shouldn't and the rest is history. He was leaving then he wasn't leaving and then he was left to rot in the reserves.

One of Houllier's major failings in his short time here (its remarkable there are so many to pick from) was his abject failure to get players on side and/or the best out of them. He seemed eager to take people on almost for the sake of taking them on and proving something to everyone in the process, it proved I believe to be a very large part of his undoing.

Warnock never was a terrible player even if in reality he was never an £8m player, for that blame O'Neill. For the rest O'Neill, Houllier and Warnock all share elements of the blame.

It seems though he is fit, focussed, confident and on form again and that is the credit of McLeish and in no small part the player himself and the attitude he has shown this summer. The later only goes to prove to me that it was never the players attitude that was the problem but more his relationship with our former manager and the way he was managed by him and his predecessor.

All in my opinion obviously.

Good post. Although he's only had a couple of good games so far after a long dodgy run. I don't know if I can ever forgive him for his stumble against Liverpool at VP where Torres got the late winner. That was a real watershed moment for the club and for MON, and in a way MON never completely recovered his momentum after that.

Although he's only had a couple of good games so far after a long dodgy run. I don't know if I can ever forgive him for his stumble against Liverpool at VP where Torres got the late winner. That was a real watershed moment for the club and for MON, and in a way MON never completely recovered his momentum after that.

There are plenty of moments that could be singled out though, ultimately though we missed out on CL football because we weren't quite good enough.

.... by all accounts hates the club... just what I've heard.

Well he gave his all today and was excellent. Very good last week and in pre season and has apparently been outstanding in training. If thats how he performs whilst hating the club then more of the same please.

Or could it be that he actually doesn't hate the club, is a good pro who up until last season had never been known to cause an ounce of trouble in a 10 year professional career under a number of mangers and what you have heard is bollocks......

Â