dudevillaisnice

• 3 weeks later...

Some Las Vegas consortium is buying Bournemouth aswell?

Once Qatar is out of the way I think this is the next big power struggle between fans and traditions of football in next decade after super league, more than 14 prem clubs owned by American owners in near future and suddenly it's feasible they could vote to abolish relegation.

That's the sort of decision that would make me finish with football or at least ever going to a premier league game again. Still a remote possibility but American ownership is creeping up again so can never rest easy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

Was moshiri a puppet owner for usmanov? Either way it seems the yanks are piling into the premier soccer ball league. God knows what they'll want to do with it. All star games and no relegation for a start. 

playoffs and playouts is the way forward

the Liverpool owner got the ball rolling with that farcical project Big Picture now the Chelsea fella wants all star games. 

I remember when US owners just got Villa tattoos on the leg and thats all they did

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 1

I think Everton lowkey had the best window. Unbeaten in 6 league games since we beat them, and now have conceded the least goals in the entire league. Annoyingly they have sorted theirselves out as best they could given the dire situation they found theirselves in last season. Getting £60m for Richarlison and bringing in Coady, Tarkowski, Gana, Onana has been a masterstroke. They did well to get rid of Marcel Brands

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Everton named a weakened line-up but on paper probably still stronger than Bournemouth's. They play each other again at the weekend, I think Lampard is going to need a win from that otherwise his job could come under threat. A defeat this weekend and a win for Southampton would see Everton drop into the bottom three for the World Cup break, so they're lucky that Southampton are away to Liverpool.

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Still maintain lampards a shit manager.

Dont understand why he played such a weak side tonight and they getting humiliated by Bournemouth 

I didn’t watch the game but even looking at that defensive line up make you wince. Unsurprising result but like you said why put such a weakened side against Bournemouth. They’re not in Europe, they probably wont get relegated and most of their players will be getting a mid season break soon. You think they’d have given it a bit more of a go.

8 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Still maintain lampards a shit manager.

Dont understand why he played such a weak side tonight and they getting humiliated by Bournemouth 

Why?

Probably because he wants to please everyone including their fringe players.

Elite sport is about winning. Changing your whole team because you want to make everyone happy is a loser mentality.

Edited by Pinebro

Put out a weakened team, 11 changes I believe in a cup when the world cup breakup is a week away.

What are you resting them for?

I've defended Lampard but any manager of any club not City that doesn't take the league Cup seriously should be sacked.

They've not won a trophy in 30 years.

• Like 3

Â