dudevillaisnice

43 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

And he's gone.

Who'd have thought this one wouldn't work out?

Oh that's right everyone.

Stupid word removed. Randy Lerner MK II

It's played out exactly like it did for us under McLeish only they sacked him four months earlier.

Sign up incredibly un popular manager associated with rivals despite every single warning from fans- tick

Have a suprisingly good start to season- tick. Didn't we start the McLeish season 10 games unbeaten or something but in reality we played mostly bottom half teams and most of them were draws. Everton started the season playing likes of Southampton, Burnley and Norwich at home so was always a flattering look to results.

Spend half the season playing awful, turgid football with past it experienced players like Seamus Coleman still as regulars. Just like us hoping likes of Dunne, Collins and Warnock would rol back to 09/10 season but it just didn't happen.

They'll still stay up due to Richarlison and Calvert Lewin but Everton's just got an uninspiring feel about it now.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Condimentalist said:

Feel for them. Rafa was a disaster.

I think this was the job Deano should have held out for rather than jumping in at Norwich. 

No chance sadly. Doesn't have a sexy name for the owner so wouldn't be considered 

20 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Always liked Everton. 

Feel they are a similar club to us in terms of history and size. 

Don't enjoy seeing them struggle like this. 

Not really Everton have been in top flight 70 odd years no comparison to Bielsa bucketball

• Like 1

I wonder if they would get Dyche.

I think he is majorly pissed off that Woods has been sold. Burnley look doomed to relegation, might be better to side step it and avoid having it on your CV.   Doesn't look like that the new owners are spending a lot. I am sure he is settled in the area and it would be a major upgrade in club size, even if they are a mess at the moment.

Edited by The Fun Factory

They did what we did before we went down. Thing that may save them is they still have a few decent players and there are 3 worse teams.

A very clear reminder to everyone at villa at the moment that throwing money after money at it isn't the be all and end all.

Let's not repeat history again!

Their major problem is at the top of the club. The Owner interferes with the footballing side of affairs, and for all that we can tell, the manager was able to overrule the DoF Brands on transfers (until he resigned). They need an actual good structure but who knows if it will actually come. 

3 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

I wonder if they would get Dyche.

I think he is majorly pissed off that Woods has been sold. Burnley look doomed to relegation, might be better to side step it and avoid having it on your CV.   Doesn't look like that the new owners are spending a lot. I am sure he is settled in the area and it would be a major upgrade in club size, even if they are a mess at the moment.

Dyche be an interesting choice and could do OK

But he has no say if Wood stays or goes based on his release clause 

Edited by Zatman

They're a bit like us when we went down, or like Sunderland when they did.

There's clearly some deep rooted problem at the club. They have money, they've had decent managers, but it doesn't matter. Something else is wrong there

• Like 1

Â