dudevillaisnice

Just in case anyone is wondering, it’s “27 minutes for 27 years” to represent the time lapsed in winning a trophy.

This initially confused me as 1995 is 26 years ago, but it’s 27 seasons since their FA cup win. 

Edit - have read that they’re leaving their seats on 27, but only until half time. 

Edited by Mark Albrighton
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Hard to see what they are actually protesting. Its not like Lerner that the club have become cheap

They have wasted so much money on players which is hardly the owners fault 

Yeah exactly, plus they’re getting a new stadium.  You can’t take protests to this level just because the team is playing a bit crap.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Well that’s a cop out.  Loads of people leave to get a pint then anyway.

‘tis only what I’ve read. In fairness I’ve also seen some say they’ll be heading off out of the ground at that point.

The 27 minute thing is shit and makes them look a bit daft

Protesting that they're going nowhere isn't though, they've got this rich guy pumping money in but they're a nothing club, no direction or sign of progress, Rafa is a shit appointment who won't last

What do everton actually do? What's the plan there? 

Yeah seems like it was a bit of damp squib regarding the walkout.

It’s tricky. Because obviously things aren’t great at the club, but it’s nowhere near as bad a situation as we were in with Randy and our subsequent walkouts (“out the door on 74”). 

Because our situation was rather dire, supporters were more readily available to act. With Everton it’s much more “meh”. Harder to galvanise supporters.

“Out the door on 74” was catchy and you knew you were leaving the match for good.  

And supporters got to see most of the game - which at the time was probably the biggest drawback to the protest :mrgreen:

Usually you get protests because a club is being starved of investment . This one really comes from too much investment in too short a time with managerial changes too frequent. 

I think the stat was they had players on the pitch tonight signed by 7 different managers ! Thats just mental 

And to top it off they have Rafa in the managerial seat . Driving them mad 

• 1 month later...

So do we think Rafa is still in the dugout for when the Villa turn up at Goodison?

My guess is he will be as he’s been backed this January window so in that sense it’s a bit early to act, but it does look toxic over there.

Â