dudevillaisnice

19 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Rondon. Keane. Gray. Townsend. Coleman bless his socks he's finished.

All playing week in week out.

What's a man to do?

Delph ffs. I saw Delph playing for them last week. He'd be beaten a foot race with Lescott today.

Yes hes given £1.5 million to spend and expected to compete with the big boys. The problems lie much deeper than Rafa. If things continue they could get into a relegation scarp. Calvert-Lewin coming back would be a big boost though.  Still at least my Eveton pals cant keep winding me up by saying Everton have never been relegated from the Premier League and Villa are a yoyo club.  

25 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think they will be fine this season when DCL and Richarlison return to full fitness. 

Defensively they are really poor which os surprising for a Rafa team 

I think they'll be crap for a while yet but should hit form, hmmm I dunno, around the 22nd Jan 🤔

2 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I think they'll be crap for a while yet but should hit form, hmmm I dunno, around the 22nd Jan 🤔

I think our manager sees that as a game he will want to fire us up for 😉

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think they will be fine this season when DCL and Richarlison return to full fitness. 

The defence is a surprise when you look at it on paper 

England goal keeper who is bang average at best, 2x £25m England International CBs, £20m French International LB, a RB who is no doubt dining out on being a good player 10 years ago, 2 x £20m holding midfielders one of which is a Brazilian international 

Their problems run deep

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

They'll be fine this season, it's just if DCL and Richarlison leave and replaced with duds

14 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

Honestly they're not looking a million miles from us before the shit hit the fan. 

They're pretty much having the McLeish season now so they're actually still about 4 years from being relegated if we go by our timeline from 2010 onwards. Shows how rotten as a club you have to be to actually go down if we also remember Sunderland narrowly surviving for about three seasons running from looking certs for the drop.

I suspect they'll scrape a couple of 1-0 wins when Calvert Lewin gets back so will be a nothing 14th place season for them.

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

I used to think Coleman and Digne were actually two of the best full backs in the league but Coleman way past it now and don't think Digne been great with some injuries he's had.

CB options aren't that great, Keane a bit of a poor mans Stones with an error usually not far away and Holgate and Mina aren't that great either.

Wonder if they'll go 3-5-2 just to try to grind some draws out.

Their net spend isn't as grim looking as that.  It's hard to find a completely accurate number, but they are on about £220m over the past five years.  That's significantly below Manchester United, Manchester City and Arsenal, it's about £20m shy of Chelsea and about £20m more than a huge cluster of clubs hovering at around £200m, which includes us, Spurs, West Ham & Brighton.     Obviously this list doesn't include wages, (and when your club *cough cough Liverpool* are dropping £300m a year on wages) then it's a significant omission.  Wages tend to be the biggest indicator of how a team will do in the league and Everton seem to be spending like an upper mid table side.   

I'm not sure I accept the "the look like us under Lerner" hot takes.  We just stopped spending, sold all the best players and replaced them with people like Simon Dawkins and Brett Holman.  Everton are being backed, but they aren't spending the money particularly wisely. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

I'm not sure I accept the "the look like us under Lerner" hot takes.  We just stopped spending, sold all the best players and replaced them with people like Simon Dawkins and Brett Holman.  Everton are being backed, but they aren't spending the money particularly wisely. 

Well they spent £1.7m this summer gone.  I know that's been put down to FFP but could this be the start of the backing drying up?

2 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Well they spent £1.7m this summer gone.  I know that's been put down to FFP but could this be the start of the backing drying up?

New stadium must be costing a bit of money. Might be why.

26 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Or they just realise that they keep spunking money on shite... And they realise the manager and player turnover isn't stopping any time soon

Not sure what if any changes they've made at like sporting director level

The man who bought iwobi should not be there anymore 

Â