dudevillaisnice

To be fair to rafa he has walked into a very bad situation with a disjointed squad. In spite of that they should still be a lot better. 

FwIw I dont particularly rate Rafa as a manager. He just plays dour defensive football and never has an attacking plan or plan B. He's been lucky to get the top jobs he got. 

1 hour ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Everton 3-1 Burnley

Everton were 4th on 10 points. Admittedly only after 4 games.

Since then it’s been 6 defeats, 2 draws, 1 victory (against Norwich) and a cup exit courtesy of QPR.

Liverpool, Arsenal, Palace and Chelsea up next.

They had a very easy run start of the season. Already used up home games v Burnley, Southmapton and Norwich (winning at Brighton was pretty impressive tbf).

Up to end of the year they've got Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and Leicester so going to struggle to get to 20 points at halfway point of the season. Massive six pointer when they play Newcastle.

• Like 1

I wonder who they will go for next as manager. 

They are in need of a reset, like we got when NSWE took over. Setting up a football structure, vs where they have employed very dissimilar head coaches for a while with no set strategy or plan

5 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

They are in need of a reset, like we got when NSWE took over. Setting up a football structure, vs where they have employed very dissimilar head coaches for a while with no set strategy or plan

definitely, they need a root and stem overhaul, they seem to have put all their eggs in the new stadium basket like goodison was the only thing holding them back

they should take their time with it too, unless relegation is a real possibility keep rafa but write this season off, replace him next summer with a drawn out extensive search for the new guy

the problem is that the prolonged sacking of rafa can bring more rot in to the club

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Anyone can see similarities from our latter stages under Lerner?

Quite an aging squad. Needs a complete overhaul. Problem is it has got very little resell value.

I think they are proper screwed.

not seen them enough to be honest but can imagine the answer is yes, they've got different players from different managers, they have a current manager that you can already see wont be there long, they've lost their spark and arent going anywhere...so i can imagine they're playing at around 75% at best, even the players that are decent on paper that doesnt matter if they dont turn up

you can be a great player but if you dont care then you wont be - its got to be hard to care as an everton player right now

their bench last night was horrific

1 hour ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Get Rooney in he’ll fix it 😏

Most Everton fans actually want Rooney and Duncan Ferguson. 😳

They've had 5 managers in 5/6 years and some good ones! The problem is clearly with their recruitment. 

Walcott 20m, Iwobi 30m, sigurddson 50m, gbamin 30m, Sneiderlin 30m.

James Rodriguez was an expensive disaster with his wages. 

They need to reset for 2/3 years, get rid of the dead wood and build a proper team. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

Big Sam. Again.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Horrendous business model - that short term goal was always going to blow up in their face - stuck with an ageing squad on massive wages - and sinking fast. You think those journeymen are up for a relegation scrap? 

Top 6 rejects on big deals. What could go wrong 

32 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Was looking through one of their forums last night (it's fun to read opposition fan forums after they lose) and they all seem pretty united against Benitez.

I think they have for about 15 years 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mantis said:

Was looking through one of their forums last night (it's fun to read opposition fan forums after they lose) and they all seem pretty united against Benitez.

Rondon. Keane. Gray. Townsend. Coleman bless his socks he's finished.

All playing week in week out.

What's a man to do?

Delph ffs. I saw Delph playing for them last week. He'd be beaten a foot race with Lescott today.

Â