dudevillaisnice

2 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

For the players they have, to be so bad is criminal.

I don't think the Everton squad is that good or any good. Lots of rejects bought from top 6 clubs but nothing actually useful. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Thanks for nothing.. they are a bit of a mess as a club at the moment. 

They have been for years, they’re an absolute nothing club quietly sucked in to the happy to be there PL, they think the new stadium and a bit of a buzz will see them through, it won’t, they’re almost as stale as arsenal

32 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I don't think the Everton squad is that good or any good. Lots of rejects bought from top 6 clubs but nothing actually useful. 

Agree. They've spent an astronomical amount of money over the last few seasons and their squad is bang average.

Really gonna struggle to shift the majority as well due to their wages.

14 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

They have been for years, they’re an absolute nothing club quietly sucked in to the happy to be there PL, they think the new stadium and a bit of a buzz will see them through, it won’t, they’re almost as stale as arsenal

They are Villa/Sunderland from about 5/6 years back with bad management. Just making up the numbers, I like Everton so I hope they get out of this slump but they need better recruitment 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Zatman said:

They are Villa/Sunderland from about 5/6 years back with bad management. Just making up the numbers, I like Everton so I hope they get out of this slump but they need better recruitment 

Is Ancelotti the right man for the job though?

• 1 month later...

I really wonder if the accountants at Everto has a real university degree. They will most likely start the season with Allan, Delph, Sigurdsson, James, Gomes, Gbamin, Tom Davies and Doucoure as central midfielders. 8 player who all are likely on quite high wages. They had before they aquired Allan, James and most likely Doucoure the highest wage to turnover rate of the 30 biggest clubs in the world. Unless the Covid situation resolves it self quickely i can only imagine that Everton will have to have a BIG firesale in the near future. 

• Like 1

Was talk of Tom Davies to Newcastle a few weeks back and Delph to Leeds on loan. Can see Everton getting rid of both. Gbamin is injured again, think he's only played two games. I'd take Sigurdsson if he's available on loan.

The wide players Everton have are very mediocre (Walcott, Iwobi, Bernard) and Ancelotti's usually a manager who dosen't play with much width so wonder if they'll do a 4-3-1-2 with middle trio of Allan, Doucoure and Gomes and then Hames in a free role drifting around the pitch. Richarlison and Calvert Lewin the front two although they could do with better upfront aswell. They'd rival us for terrible striker signings when you think they signed Cenk Tosun for 25m and Sandro Ramirez for 18m in last four years. Think Omar Naisse was about 12m aswell.

20 hours ago, siminjo said:

Gbamin

I'd never heard of him. Looked him up on Wiki

Gbamin signed for Premier League club Everton on 2 August 2019 on a five-year contract for a £25 million fee. He made appearances in the club's first two games of the season, before being ruled out for eight weeks due to a thigh injury. In October 2019, it was announced he would be out injured until January 2020. In January 2020, it was announced he would be out until the end of the season. In May 2020, it was announced he would be out injured until November 2020

What you call an absolute lemon of a signing. 

9 minutes ago, Xela said:

I'd never heard of him. Looked him up on Wiki

What you call an absolute lemon of a signing. 

in fairness he was highly rated signing but unlucky through injury. a Villaesque signing

One time I did see him live he was absolute garbage one of worst performances ive seen but could have been a one off

Typical Everton signings of the past couple of years. Sign a bunch of expensive has-been midfielders and everybody is creaming themselves saying they're going to "gatecrash" the top whatever and then they don't, mostly because they're still rocking dudes like Walcott and Iwobi out wide and handing new contracts to the likes of Michael Keane.

Â