dudevillaisnice

1 hour ago, kurtsimonw said:

Just didn't seem to have anything really. 

Only time they threatened is if one of their terrible crosses deflected to someone or the ball pinballed in the box. 

They created a reasonable amount, just couldn't finish them. They should have had 2 goals in stoppage time last night before we finished it. They hit the post and then Walcott shit the bed. They'd gone close a couple of times before that as well. 

36 minutes ago, WakefieldVillan said:

Think you're being a tad harsh and it's easier to say after a victory but on another night they go away with a point at the very least. 

Although Heaton didn't have a shot to save, they had one cleared off the line, hit the post and missed a complete sitter, if that was the other way around I would be thinking "what if"...

That said, Calvert-Lewin as your main striker doesn't bode well.

Most of their stuff came from a poor cross, or poor pass, that deflected in to someone's path. Not really chance creation IMO just a bit of good luck. 

Walcott chance is the one that springs to mind where they actually tried something. 

For all the stick Andre Gomes is getting, Coleman was horrific. Pretty much nullified their attack every time he touched the ball. 

Iwobi and Kean surely have to start. 

19 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Most of their stuff came from a poor cross, or poor pass, that deflected in to someone's path. Not really chance creation IMO just a bit of good luck. 

Walcott chance is the one that springs to mind where they actually tried something. 

For all the stick Andre Gomes is getting, Coleman was horrific. Pretty much nullified their attack every time he touched the ball. 

Iwobi and Kean surely have to start. 

1st game vs Taylor since his leg break. Seemed reluctant go into tackles with him

Not to take anything away from Wesley and EL Ghazi but i think Pickford should have done better with both goals tbh. 

Both would have been very good saves, but Pickford is meant to be a very good keeper. 

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Midfield is a huge vacuum and Delph isnt going to improve it. Calvert Lewin getting a bit of stick but £150 million worth of talent didnt create a chance for him

8 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Thought Everton were quite good tbh. Just lacked a striker. Whilst we played really well, they probably deserved something from the game when viewing the game on balance.

They were pretty far ahead of us in every important stat, by quite a long way in some areas.

Thankfully not in the one stat that really matters.

Also have to agree it's baffling that the go into the season with Calvert-Lewin as their main striker.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, av1 said:

Not to take anything away from Wesley and EL Ghazi but i think Pickford should have done better with both goals tbh. 

Both would have been very good saves, but Pickford is meant to be a very good keeper. 

Pickford in goal you always have a chance

2 hours ago, av1 said:

No keeper was saving Wesleys shot. Right in the corner, he nearly kept El Ghazi's out too. 

I'd say both were great 1 on 1 finishes, both slid across the keeper on the deck which is how you put away those type of chances. I don't think anyone in their right mind would criticise the keeper!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Thought Everton were quite good tbh. Just lacked a striker. Whilst we played really well, they probably deserved something from the game when viewing the game on balance.

I agree with this. When Kean is up to speed, they'll win a lot of matches playing like that. They missed three excellent chances; on another day they score some of those and it's a completely different result. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, KHV said:

No keeper was saving Wesleys shot. Right in the corner, he nearly kept El Ghazi's out too. 

I'd say both were great 1 on 1 finishes, both slid across the keeper on the deck which is how you put away those type of chances. I don't think anyone in their right mind would criticise the keeper!

England keeper though.

De Gea, Neuer let far softer goals in and are labelled World class. Pickford doesn't stop a goal he has no right to save and he's a liability.

Kean is certainly a CF. Think it's just a case he's short of fitness but think he'll start v Wolves given he's had 3 sub appearances.

Other guy was Turkish forward Tosun who's completely flopped. Actually surprised he's still there and played yesterday.

Think Everton's problem in next few weeks is going to be playing Delph as a defensive midfielder. Even we didn't play him that deep and he'll get picked off if Everton playing anyone good in next month.

They certainly flood the middle of the pitch when they have the ball with two wing backs getting forward all the time.  With players like Sig, schniderlin and Gomez they can expect to keep the ball a lot too.

But, their strength is their weakness.  You get the ball high up the pitch against them and break, they've got no width and Keane and the Columbian guy who are pretty slow.  

Gomez had an nightmare though, he made a lot of mistakes which helped us get a foothold.  Can't believe he lasted the 90 tbh.

Calvert lewin won't be leading the line much longer either, I imagine.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Yeah I thought Everton were quite good as well. They have a good manager and good players. They have a good shot at the European football slots not sure what more their fans want.

I thought Marco Silva was their manager?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Boy do they have some elderly expensive fringe players on their books.

Mirallas, Bolasie, Baines, Martina, Niasse, Schneiderlin, Maarten Stekelenburg.

That's a lot of money on wages for squad players.

Â