Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

I don't think many teams do play 4-3-3 anymore? 4-2-3-1, with the 3 in line seems to be the preferred formation of the premier league.

It could still work for Bent, but the three behind him must be ready to make up for his lack of graft. If two of the three are Gabby and Cole I'd be concerned that wouldn't happen. The midfield two would be stretched wide and pockets would appear all over the place, exposing our back line to runners from midfield.

I actually think his best bet is in a 4-4-2, where the rigidity of the formation counteracts his defensive failings.

This is all supposing his legs haven't gone of course...

If Bent does stay, at least we should have a stronger looking bench this season. Should normally be along the lines of Steer, Hutton, Bacuna (or Lowton), N'Zogbia, Clark (or Baker), Bent and Kozak.

He looked straight up horrible when I saw him play for Fulham last season. He surely didn't help them. Hope we get to sell him

I agree, but horrible would be a step up from what Gabby and Weimann produced last season

• Like 1

I reckon he's finished. I think he's had his big pay day and now has nothing to play, he has the look of total disinterest whenever I see him, not sure this will change. Should be a real asset, it's a shame.

I thought Lambert had infered that the club had 'moved on' and that Bent was unlikely to ever play for Villa again. If he does then a dose of 'egg on face' for Lambert.

Would you rather the alternative?

A pig headed egotistical manager, who would never admit to being wrong and would stick by his decisions no matter what?

I think Bent is finished tbh, but if Lambert can swallow his pride, get him motivated and get him playing again then that is good management

• Like 1

The egg on the face is with Lerner who clearly set the budget and requested the top earners not be played.He said as much himself in his recent statements where he clearly mentioned that he was the one setting the restrictions  for Lambert to work too.

I thought Lambert had infered that the club had 'moved on' and that Bent was unlikely to ever play for Villa again. If he does then a dose of 'egg on face' for Lambert.

Seriously, who actually gives a shit about things like this? Are you worried that your mates down the pub might think the manager of the football club you support has lost a little face?

It's an absurd thing to be concerned about, yet this forum is rife with it.

The egg on the face is with Lerner who clearly set the budget and requested the top earners not be played.He said as much himself in his recent statements where he clearly mentioned that he was the one setting the restrictions  for Lambert to work too.

Yep - I reckon the meeting in the States was Lambert saying if I keep going here I get to use everything at my disposal.

• Like 1

Seriously, who actually gives a shit about things like this? Are you worried that your mates down the pub might think the manager of the football club you support has lost a little face?

I don't have any mates. 

• Like 1

I don't have any mates. 

:lol:

keep that shit up and you might, might just begin to make a few on here ;)

• Like 1

Â