Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Lerner dosnt pick the team lambert preferred bowery ovet bent that is unforgivable bent might not have played well but the fact he cost 24mil which we paid shows he must be half decent. Lerner sanctioned the move he aibt to blame

Sometimes people don't deserve chances, if Bent was doing naff all during training all week and Bowery was giving it everything then it's fully justified.

Not saying this is the case by the way as I don't know but something obviously happened with Bent as you don't go from being named Captain to being dropped altogether without some form of incident, or incidents

Or it could be bad judgement by the manager.

You think that Lambert thinks bowery is a better player than bent?

No, I think it may have been bad judgement to bomb Bent out and use Bowery.

he does seem to be thicker than usual. But it is early pre season. Even though he scores easy goals.. he has a poaches instinct and knows where to run and go. His runs and movement is what makes the goals look easy. Gabby doesn't get these easy goals does he. Because he is not very bright.

Wiemann has this too but misses the easy chances these days. Hopefully we see Wiemann return to form this new season too. The off season would have done him wonders. I am still hoping the Wiemann Benteke partnership of two seasons ago comes back. Last season he looked like he was lacking confidence and the pressure got to him when the fans gave him a bit of stick.

• Like 2

Lerner dosnt pick the team lambert preferred bowery ovet bent that is unforgivable bent might not have played well but the fact he cost 24mil which we paid shows he must be half decent. Lerner sanctioned the move he aibt to blame

Sometimes people don't deserve chances, if Bent was doing naff all during training all week and Bowery was giving it everything then it's fully justified.

Not saying this is the case by the way as I don't know but something obviously happened with Bent as you don't go from being named Captain to being dropped altogether without some form of incident, or incidents

Or it could be bad judgement by the manager.

You think that Lambert thinks bowery is a better player than bent?

No, I think it may have been bad judgement to bomb Bent out and use Bowery.

It may also have been good judgement. It's impossible to say though without knowing the reason why it happened.

Mansfield.  just saying

Quite.

He looked totally out of shape and scored two tap in's against a low level opposition in an early pre-season game lets not get carried away.

I'd love the Bent of 4 years ago in our side this season and I hope we have that I really do but lets not pretend last season didn't happen, that he didn't spend most of it either injured or on Fulham's bench behind two kids just because of 2 goals against Mansfield.

• Like 2

"It was only Bradford" and none of our players could handle them.

Cole looked good last night, I hope he can make an impact over the next few weeks too.

Bent was playing against Bradford, he missed a sitter if my memory is correct  :)

• Like 1

"It was only Bradford" and none of our players could handle them.

Cole looked good last night, I hope he can make an impact over the next few weeks too.

Bent was playing against Bradford, he missed a sitter if my memory is correct  :)

Never forget:

• Like 1

Bowery being ahead of Bent in the pecking order was a joke.

Its almost like Lambert had a wage budget to meet...

We still paid his wages while he sat in the stands.

Edited by TRS-T

We still payed his wages while he sat in the stands.

At Fulham? My impression was that they paid the majority if not all of his wages. Plus a loan fee.

he does seem to be thicker than usual. But it is early pre season. Even though he scores easy goals.. he has a poaches instinct and knows where to run and go. His runs and movement is what makes the goals look easy. Gabby doesn't get these easy goals does he. Because he is not very bright.

Wiemann has this too but misses the easy chances these days. Hopefully we see Wiemann return to form this new season too. The off season would have done him wonders. I am still hoping the Wiemann Benteke partnership of two seasons ago comes back. Last season he looked like he was lacking confidence and the pressure got to him when the fans gave him a bit of stick.

Completely right, Gabby simply can't read the play unless it's focussed on him or he sees a ball to chase, Weimann had a good record last year when playing up front but he did miss some good chances when coming in from the wing, but even then he's no Bent, because he works hard.

Bent gets you goals, he saved us once, was treated with a bit of contempt and then his performances dropped off. Put the ball in and he will score, yes it's hard to carry a player but it's not that bad when that carried player wins you games.

Is he good enough to base a tactic around? He is if he wins you games.

At Fulham? My impression was that they paid the majority if not all of his wages. Plus a loan fee.

No in 2012-13.

No in 2012-13.

He played in 12-13 (see video above for reference), he was just 2nd choice to Benteke and injured quite a bit.

We couldn't play 4-4-2 as we didn't have the strength in the middle, we could only play one up top, rightly Benteke.

Bowery was played on the wing, No whatever you think of Bent as an asset, can we all agree that Bent could not and will not ever be able to play on the wing?

Â