Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Lerner dosnt pick the team lambert preferred bowery ovet bent that is unforgivable

While I don't agree with the overall sentiment, the above I do agree with. It's quite ridiculous that, apparently, Bent wasn't good enough for the bench.

Lerner dosnt pick the team lambert preferred bowery ovet bent that is unforgivable

While I don't agree with the overall sentiment, the above I do agree with. It's quite ridiculous that, apparently, Bent wasn't good enough for the bench.
I think this is a move that has been a disaster i reckon bent was told sign and then in summer we will sign more top quality but we all know that was tge exodus he was mis sold villa think he gas a right ti be pissed off 24mil and cant make the bench total joke

Lerner dosnt pick the team lambert preferred bowery ovet bent that is unforgivable bent might not have played well but the fact he cost 24mil which we paid shows he must be half decent. Lerner sanctioned the move he aibt to blame

Sometimes people don't deserve chances, if Bent was doing naff all during training all week and Bowery was giving it everything then it's fully justified.

Not saying this is the case by the way as I don't know but something obviously happened with Bent as you don't go from being named Captain to being dropped altogether without some form of incident, or incidents

Or it could be bad judgement by the manager.

All i know is we are skint and will.make a massive loss on bent it is stupid bent was a real poacher why spend that money on him then flog all.your.stars.and then let ya biggest asset depreciate like we have i reckon lambert had final say

I agree that that's ridiculous, but why is it Lambert or Lerner's fault that Bent wasn't good enough for the bench? I have no idea what went on in training, but I know what I saw on the pitch, and Darren Bent hasn't performed well since late 2011, that is the truth. He's had injuries that have kept him out for significant portions of the season for the last three years. When fit, he has not looked to me like a guy who gives a crap. He didn't do well under McLeish, he didn't do well under Lambert two seasons ago, and he didn't do well under three different managers at Fulham (I will allow that having three managers in one year certainly wouldn't have helped).

Yes, we'll make a massive loss on him. We bought him for 24m when he was around 27 or 28 years old. We were never ever going to make that money back on him. No chance. That's Lambert's fault? He can be blamed for a lot, but not for that.

I sure hope he can turn things around this season, don't get me wrong. But people are talking about him like it's still 2011. It ain't.

• Like 1

bent wrecked bents career 

I'd say Villa did

We spent a LOT of money on him, he scored goals and did his job keeping us up.

We then, in our infinite wisdom sold BOTH our wingers (for a combined 38m) that were supplying him and replaced them with one N'Zogbia, not so much a winger as an attacking wide player for approx 10m

Thus his goals dried up and people started expecting him to be a completely different type of player than the one we'd signed and that'd got him to the stage of being an 18m striker in the first place

Utterly ridiculous set of events

Given that Villa were happy for him to play for one of our relegation rivals last season and he spent most of the previous season on the bench or in the reserves I think it's fair to say he could have walked away from the club at any stage and continued his career elsewhere. It was his decision not to do that.

Same as Hutton and Given - if they sign up to huge contracts for 5 years the club are allowed to do whatever they wish with them and they can have no grounds for complaint IMHO.

This keeps coming up. Why would any player walk away and accept a financial loss.

Also, it is not about grounds for complaint, the Club can obviously treat them any way they wish, but I think the bomb squad, including Bent, were misused, and that was a mistake, in my opinion.

• Like 1

I agree that that's ridiculous, but why is it Lambert or Lerner's fault that Bent wasn't good enough for the bench? I have no idea what went on in training, but I know what I saw on the pitch, and Darren Bent hasn't performed well since late 2011, that is the truth. He's had injuries that have kept him out for significant portions of the season for the last three years. When fit, he has not looked to me like a guy who gives a crap. He didn't do well under McLeish, he didn't do well under Lambert two seasons ago, and he didn't do well under three different managers at Fulham (I will allow that having three managers in one year certainly wouldn't have helped).

Yes, we'll make a massive loss on him. We bought him for 24m when he was around 27 or 28 years old. We were never ever going to make that money back on him. No chance. That's Lambert's fault? He can be blamed for a lot, but not for that.

I sure hope he can turn things around this season, don't get me wrong. But people are talking about him like it's still 2011. It ain't.

I think we all know he is not the player he was, but I think he will still score goals, and we do not have many who can do that.

He has got to be at least worth a place on the bench, if, as it would seem, we are still going to be picking up the tab for him.

I think we all know he is not the player he was, but I think he will still score goals, and we do not have many who can do that.

He has got to be at least worth a place on the bench, if, as it would seem, we are still going to be picking up the tab for him.

At the very least if we create he will score hes been prolific before and maybe just maybe hw can 1last season. At the end of the season bent will be gone for free

Two good finishes tonight. If he's utilised properly he's easily our most potent goal threat while were without Benteke. He might not run the channels, link up or put a shift in like Weimann or Gabby, but play him in the right formation and he'll easily out score them both

At the very least if we create he will score hes been prolific before and maybe just maybe hw can 1last season. At the end of the season bent will be gone for free

I don't disagree, but creating's been a problem for us the last couple of seasons. 2011 Darren Bent would be a great asset to us. 2013-14 Bent, not so much. Today he played like he had a point to prove, and if he plays his way back into 1st team contention and performs well for us, I'd be very happy with that.

Lerner dosnt pick the team lambert preferred bowery ovet bent that is unforgivable bent might not have played well but the fact he cost 24mil which we paid shows he must be half decent. Lerner sanctioned the move he aibt to blame

Sometimes people don't deserve chances, if Bent was doing naff all during training all week and Bowery was giving it everything then it's fully justified.

Not saying this is the case by the way as I don't know but something obviously happened with Bent as you don't go from being named Captain to being dropped altogether without some form of incident, or incidents

Or it could be bad judgement by the manager.

You think that Lambert thinks bowery is a better player than bent?

Â