Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

On new contracts for vlaar and delph??? Much better distribution of bent's wages Imo.

The last year of Bent's contract to pay the last year of Vlaar and Delph's contract? How does that help us?

On new contracts for vlaar and delph??? Much better distribution of bent's wages Imo.

Nah, let's sign two new wingers to accomodate the fat, lazy, overpaid ****er up front.

You're kidding yourself if you think the money would go towards new players.

Well we do have wingers but it's up to Lambert to use them rather than continuing to piss about with Agbonlahor and Weimann.

Who are these wingers of which you refer to?
Grealish, Graham, Bacuna etc.
Etc? Lol

Two youngsters and someone who's never played as a winger for us, and who seems to get worse the further forwards he's played. Oh, I remember the etc....TONEV!

Edited by praisedmambo

The last year of Bent's contract to pay the last year of Vlaar and Delph's contract? How does that help us?

i don't think you quite follow. Split bents wage and put it towards extending the contracts for delph and vlaar. In 12 months, hopefully it wont be lerners problem to pay the remainder of their contracts.

i don't think you quite follow. Split bents wage and put it towards extending the contracts for delph and vlaar. In 12 months, hopefully it wont be lerners problem to pay the remainder of their contracts.
I do follow what you meant, but I don't think it works that way. There's a budget for 2014-2015, and then there are budgets for the years thereafter. You can't split Bent's wage the way you suggest.

I know what you mean though, and agree it would be nice if that was likely. Lerner is not going to do it though, and neither is Vlaar I think.

Edited by AVTuco
  • Like 1

Obviously Klose is better than Bent but his style of play goea to ahow how it isnt out of date. Just depends on the style of play of the team.

Gutted for bent in how the last 2 and a vit years have been a waste for him. Genuinely believe he could have been a solid England first teamer

Well we do have wingers but it's up to Lambert to use them rather than continuing to piss about with Agbonlahor and Weimann.

I forgot about bacuna to be honest but the other 2 are untried kids, they are both talented players but I don't think they can be relied upon at this stage

I'd rather try them than the tried and failed options like Agbonlahor and Weimann to be honest.

Gabby and Weimann weren't 'tried and failed' 2 seasons ago. At the end of Lambert's first season, we finished strongly and appeared to be building a fairly exciting team.

Gabby and Weimann weren't 'tried and failed' 2 seasons ago. At the end of Lambert's first season, we finished strongly and appeared to be building a fairly exciting team.

And that one-dimemsional 4-3-3 was quickly found out last season. Why do people still refer to a three month period (out of a two year reign) as the rule rather than the exception? Never understood this.

It about the here and now, not what someone did 3 years ago.

That season you hark on about Yakubu scored 17 PL goals, Holt 15 and Dempsey 17.

Would you have any of them here?

No, because they are well past it, just like Bent.

They were all finished at this level years ago, the only difference between all these players is Dempsey is the only one without man boobs.

I totally forgot about Yakubu. Wow.

And that one-dimemsional 4-3-3 was quickly found out last season. Why do people still refer to a three month period (out of a two year reign) as the rule rather than the exception? Never understood this.
I think most people believe that Lambert changed his tactics in his second season, not that the 4-3-3 (which a lot of teams use) was found out. Last season we seemed to be relying on long balls as our main form of attack, unlike keeping it on the deck, like we did in the first season.

He didn't do too much at Fulham but let's blame Lambert.

But Fulham were just a joke last season and hardly any of their players played well. What is true is that we can mark the sudden decline in Bent's career from when Lambert took over. Even McLeish was able to utilise him more effectively.

The decline started after the injury against Wigan under McLeish. He has lost that yard of pace, it happens but to blame the decline on Lambert is ridiculous. When 3 managers at Fulham couldn't get the best out of him. Lets not foget Fulham were playing kids ahead of him. Blame Lambert for a lot of things but this, not a chance.

I forgot about bacuna to be honest but the other 2 are untried kids, they are both talented players but I don't think they can be relied upon at this stage

I wouldn't call Bacuna a winger either!

I, for one, would welcome Benty back into the fold this season. Unless someone comes in with a bid he's going to be on our books, might as well use him. We know he can score goals, and with Benteke out until Xmas time we need goals from somewhere.

• Like 2

Nah, let's sign two new wingers to accomodate the fat, lazy, overpaid ****er up front.

This sort of inane, thoughtless comment is really not necessary.

He's a player who needs wide men to cross and players behind him to make chances....we have one of those, Cole, who is old and past it, but width? Well no, we've got rid of that.....then again we never played the crossing game when he did play for us...well we did when he saved us from relegation but then we stopped in favour of 'tactical' football and a desire to change Bent into more of a ball player....sigh.

I think most people believe that Lambert changed his tactics in his second season, not that the 4-3-3 (which a lot of teams use) was found out. Last season we seemed to be relying on long balls as our main form of attack, unlike keeping it on the deck, like we did in the first season.

Actually we hoofed a lot before the good three months too. Especially during that December-January period. Also I was talking Lambert's version of 4-3-3. I wasn't trying to imply a deficiency in the formation itself.

The decline started after the injury against Wigan under McLeish. He has lost that yard of pace, it happens but to blame the decline on Lambert is ridiculous. When 3 managers at Fulham couldn't get the best out of him. Lets not foget Fulham were playing kids ahead of him. Blame Lambert for a lot of things but this, not a chance.

Bent's fitness levels and mobility have certainly deteriorated recently, granted. I'm not denying there has been a decline, I'm just disputing the cause of it. You say it was the injury but I remember his early matches under Lambert and I didn't notice any real 'lack of the yard of pace'. Rather there was a distinct lack of service in the first two (West Ham and Everton) which even Bent at his peak would've been anonymous in given the nature of his game. Against Newcastle and Swansea, he partnered Weimann and played well enough even though that we used that 4-2-2-2 system which was never conductive for a poacher. After, Lambert signed a striker who was a lot more ideal to his tactics and the rest was history.

Edited by Isa

Â