Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Bent will probably start the season as our first choice striker. I still think he's got it in him to score a few goals, but it's right to say that we may need to set up differently.

Nonethless, he'll know that with Benteke and Kozak coming back he'll need to perform if he wants to be seriously involved for the rest of the season. He's not the greatest all round player, but I've never had a problem with his attitude and I think he can still do a job.

I thought Lambert had infered that the club had 'moved on' and that Bent was unlikely to ever play for Villa again. If he does then a dose of 'egg on face' for Lambert.

Seriously, who actually gives a shit about things like this? Are you worried that your mates down the pub might think the manager of the football club you support has lost a little face?

It's an absurd thing to be concerned about, yet this forum is rife with it.

If he scores a couple goals they won't think "eggy face"

Wonder if he'll get the #9 shirt again... DB9 ... Either way, I hope DB can make an impact. He's on the books and if no other club is coming in for him, we may as well utilize him now CB20 and Kozak is out injured.

I will likely regret, many times during the 2014/15 season, having said this, but I think our side look somewhat better and stronger with the new additions, bomb squad back, injured back... UNJINX

Everyone knows Darren Bent is a goalscorer yet nothing else.

He is a luxury player. Put him in a team with 9 other quality outfield players or a team playing well and he will make the runs and score the goals.

Put him in a struggling team and they may as well be playing with 10 men.

• Like 4

He is a luxury player. Put him in a team with 9 other quality outfield players or a team playing well and he will make the runs and score the goals.

an experiment we've already demonstrated works

but we can live in hope that a little tweek of difference might be about to make all the difference

i think bent would be useful playing against the lesser teams who just sit back and look to hit us on the break.with joe cole in the side he could score a few.

Maybe but I do think people are getting over optimistic about Joe Cole if last season is anything to go by.

That's all Kozak does as well though

From what I've seen of Kozak I agree which is why I'm not a fan.

Not really. He was the best player for Charlton when they got relegated and helped turn us around when we were really struggling. You can afford for the striker to be a luxury player precisely because he is a striker.

Edited by Isa

Not really. He was the best player for Charlton when they got relegated and helped turn us around when we were really struggling. You can afford for the striker to be a luxury player precisely because he is a striker.

Maybe he has just lost it then? We can't afford any player to be a luxury player. We're not good enough.

Maybe he has just lost it then? We can't afford any player to be a luxury player. We're not good enough.

If he scores a goal or three every now and then, I don't care if he does nothing else. We are going to be desperate for goals, just like we were last spring.

To premmature to say. He had a poor season at a Fulham side in complete turmoil right from the start and I don't blame him for the way the season before that panned out under Lambert.

Edited by Isa

Clearly his re-integration indicates to me that Kozak is quite a way off full fitness and won't make Stoke or any of the other games in August.

If Libor was fit, then I reckon him plus Gabby, Weimann and maybe another cheapo forward would be enough.

I still don't see Bent starting, I think it will be Gabby up top on his own at Stoke with a 5 man midfield behind him. Whatever we put out I don't see many goals from this current squad tbh.

From what I've seen of Kozak I agree which is why I'm not a fan.

Certainly true of Darren Bent.  I think it was Arsenal we beat 2-0 (2-1?) at the Emirates and Bent scored twice; one goal in particular down to the timing of his run and the quality of Ashley Young's pass.  Without those creative sparks, he just doesn't work.

Kozak, in my opinion, is slightly different because whilst he still seems to rely on good service, his stature means he CAN make something happen just by "being there" (see: Weimann's goal against Man City for example).  Bent doesn't have that sort of influence on a game.

• Like 1

Bent is the best striker we have at the club. It's all about the supply line. We haven't had that since young and downing. Not sure gabby and wiemann can supply him maybe Cole can but I doubt it. Gabby doesn't seem to give a toss these days and wiemann is always on the piss so I doubt we are capable of getting the best out of db anymore

Bent is the best striker we have at the club. It's all about the supply line. We haven't had that since young and downing. Not sure gabby and wiemann can supply him maybe Cole can but I doubt it. Gabby doesn't seem to give a toss these days and wiemann is always on the piss so I doubt we are capable of getting the best out of db anymore

What time is the Benteke Newcastle presentation tomorrow?

• Like 1

To premmature to say. He had a poor season at a Fulham side in complete turmoil right from the start and I don't blame him for the way the season before that panned out under Lambert.

Anymore excuses you want to make for him?

Â