Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Wouldn't shock me if we went with Kozak and Bent while Benteke recovers, it would at least give Gabby and Weimann a kick up the backside.

Bent played well with Kenwyne Jones at Sunderland so think that might come up with a few goals.

Our new mobile forward line-up pictured in training:

TheArgonath.jpg

• Like 2

I could see Bent with Benteke working, not sure about Bent with Kozak. i would prefer Gabby with Kozak probably.

I think bent and kozak could work okay

I could see Bent with Benteke working, not sure about Bent with Kozak. i would prefer Gabby with Kozak probably.

Potentially, as others have said Albrighton would have worked well with them.

Potentially, as others have said Albrighton would have worked well with them.

Maybe Grealish can provide something next season?

• 1 month later...

Darren Bent could be off. Not sure what to make of it, i kind of liked the idea of him staying with benteke injured and Joe Cole being able to play behind him. Still has some use for us i think.

well it was better to keep him and play him than send him on loan to relegation rivals.

doesn't surprise me that he's looking for another club though after things have panned out in the last two years. Why on earth would he want to play under Lambert?

Darren Bent could be off. Not sure what to make of it, i kind of liked the idea of him staying with benteke injured and Joe Cole being able to play behind him. Still has some use for us i think.

Can't really blame him for wanting to leave. Not treated the best by lambert. Especially with Benteke injured I thought we would've wanted to have kept a proven premiership goal scorer in the squad

Getting his wages off the books could make a huge difference in the type of player we could bring in. Hopefully we could re-invest any transfer fee recouped also, but I guess I won't hold my breath there.

Darren Bent could be off. Not sure what to make of it, i kind of liked the idea of him staying with benteke injured and Joe Cole being able to play behind him. Still has some use for us i think.

well it was better to keep him and play him than send him on loan to relegation rivals.

doesn't surprise me that he's looking for another club though after things have panned out in the last two years. Why on earth would he want to play under Lambert?

Why on earth would you think Lambert would want him after his last 3 seasons?

• Like 2

Darren Bent could be off. Not sure what to make of it, i kind of liked the idea of him staying with benteke injured and Joe Cole being able to play behind him. Still has some use for us i think.

Can't really blame him for wanting to leave. Not treated the best by lambert. Especially with Benteke injured I thought we would've wanted to have kept a proven premiership goal scorer in the squad

Yeah he treated him really badly when he made him captain.

Fact is Bent didn't perform for two years for us and was on huge money we could ill afford in wages so Lambert shifted him on and he did the square root of naff all at Fulham last season. 

Yes he is a proven goal scorer in the PL but he has done very little for 3 years and so there would seem to be very little point paying him huge wages to do the same for another year.

• Like 4

Yeah he treated him really badly when he made him captain.

Fact is Bent didn't perform for two years for us and was on huge money we could ill afford in wages so Lambert shifted him on and he did the square root of naff all at Fulham last season. 

Yes he is a proven goal scorer in the PL but he has done very little for 3 years and so there would seem to be very little point paying him huge wages to do the same for another year.

He played no worse than anyone else it's easy to cherry pick from the past to prove an argument but Bent's form never went of the rails completely, it's not as if Weimann has been anymore consistent, there is no excuse ever for losing your place in a squad to jordan Bowery

Â