Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

He's played an average of less than 20 games a season for the last four seasons and he's now over thirty. I've a feeling that the Darren Bent people remember has gone. 

In fairness, I never liked that one much anyway. He plays football like he doesn't want to play football. I'll be a little bit disappointed if I ever see him in a Villa shirt again.

• Like 3

So would I , but I wouldn't be at all surprised if he scored 6 or 7, and that in itself would be a valuable contribution (albeit not one worthy of the wages we're still paying him).

This.

I've got a barmy idea. How about we give him a few games in pre season and see how he gets on?

• Like 2

I don't think he was a waste of money. He was a top class goalscorer at this level. We just took away his supply. Even under McLeish his goal scoring record was good. I'd like to see him given a chance.

With Joe Cole and N'Zogbia playing you would think Villa would be creating more chances per gamethis season than in previous seasons?

Hopefully if Bent fancies it then we might surprise a few this season.

I don't think he was a waste of money. He was a top class goalscorer at this level. We just took away his supply. Even under McLeish his goal scoring record was good. I'd like to see him given a chance.

You don't think paying out north of £30m in fees and wages for Bent was a waste of money? :D

Is that you Martin? :)

He single handedly kept us up then we basically ruined his career. Some payback

:D

The old he kept us up myth so he paid the transfer fee back instantly myth.

As excuses go, it It is up there with Liverpool's 'we sold Torres for £50m so the £35m spunked on Carroll doesn't count'

He single handedly kept us up then we basically ruined his career. Some payback

:D

The old he kept us up myth so he paid the transfer fee back instantly myth.

As excuses go, it It is up there with Liverpool's 'we sold Torres for £50m so the £35m spunked on Carroll doesn't count'

It's not necessarily true, but if we hadn't signed him there's a fairly strong chance we would have gone down under Houllier the season he joined, and an even stronger chance we'd have gone under McLeish were it not for his early goals before he got injured.

Yeah Bent scored a lot of goals for us one season, how many was it again?

9 in 16 when he joined us in January, His goals were a big factor in us staying up, I agree.

He was a good signing, just a horrible, horrible piece of business.

• Like 1

Â